Why hasn't this become a reality yet?

why hasn't this become a reality yet?

Attached: netneutralpricing.jpg (500x341, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.netzero.net/account/showService.do?serviceId=nz-dsl-bb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

we did it, reddit!

Because just like Jow Forums told all you faggots, it would be suicidal for any company who tried it their competitors would eat them alive

It will never happen. It will prolly be something like this:
-Most normie-tier shit: "free and unlimited" as long as you pay your monthly fee.
-Heavy normie-tier shit (leftflix for instance): "free" but limited to a certain amount of GB every month.
-Going above those GB: extra moneys.
This is how countries that never even had net neutrality get raped by ISPs. It fucking sucks.

wish it had so I can save money, since I only go to like 3 sites and never watch videos

It is happening though, you just don't realize it (yet.) It's why tech is starting to move outside of America. It's the beginning of the end.

omfg is this real i cant even #fuck drumpf #FUCK white people

Go back to plebbit cuck.

Attached: npcs09849234.png (908x918, 874K)

It'd be a logistical nightmare, just imagine:

You are on bare-bones package (ABC NBC CBS MSNBC ect ect), one of said sites has an embedded live stream hosted on external server (jewtube, Amazon servers)
>This content is not available, as your internet plan does not include "said website"

if you really can't pick up on sarcasm that dense you need to fucking kill yourself faggot

They already do that though.

Attached: licensing1.jpg (432x767, 55K)

As if Jow Forums doesn't believe an ultimate jewish conspiracy that owns everything? Get fucked

Attached: 1540740868711.jpg (960x960, 46K)

This. You guys need to listen to that Ajit Pai. He is BASED and repilled despite shitting in public.

Google and Mozilla are sidestepping the Net Neutrality regulations with DNS over HTTPS. The purpose is to protect Google's ad revenue, because without Net Neutrality, ISPs can and will implement network level ad blocks similar to a PiHole. The whole Net Neutrality battle was always about protecting the ad supported internet, but they couldn't say that because everyone universally hates their fucking ads. Now their goddamn browsers are going to bypass the DNS ad blocks in my router and send all my browsing history to the glow in the darks at Cloudflare.

Attached: 00d.jpg (680x802, 62K)

>competitors
But where I live theres like 3 ISPs and one is a bottom tier budget company while the other is way past peak capitalism with their bullshit.

This. Based Trump is trying to remove ads from the internet. Too bad fake news CNN won't tell you thins.

He is though. He's removing barriers to entry for 5G at home, which really will bring competition everywhere.

>muh 5G
>implying it won't stagnate like regular wired internet did in the US due to corporate rent seeking
God Americans are so fucking cute. Good thing they aren't going to be internationally significant anymore.

The regulations are about letting a network owner decide how best to run their network. It's just you know Comcast will immediately start blocking Google's ads at the network level until Google gives them a slice of the action. It's too bad you're too dim witted to see it.

Because it's not how the internet works.

it already happen in mobile service in my country

It already is a thing in other countries.

They're waiting to make it a thing here until they lobby and make it impossible for competition to rise up (hence the lobbying to stop towns from building there own internet providers).

When they finish that, they can move on to phase 2. Lock down all content and services.

This is the way the internet used to work with Prodigy and AOL. It failed, you don't go back to failed business models. Net neutrality was a solution in search of problem.

Nice dubs, Shlomo

>not internationally significant anymore
oh sweetie...

5G will make no difference for the same reason a top of the line computer from 10 years ago can't open 99% of webpages.
Death penalty for bloat.

why u mad NPC?

If this happens it won't be private companies, but governments walling of the internet to such a degree it loses broad connectivity.

Well, that sucks.

What in the sweet fuck is this bullshit? What's the justification?

You go fellow pede! We really need to stand together and fight the globalists with our superior internet intellect. MAGA or death!!! >:)))

Acrually, I didnt know his post was rocket powered -- it just flew right over your head uh.

Attached: 1539739655922.jpg (1063x1080, 165K)

*yet*
When one monopolistic ISP introduces it there's no going back

My i7-965 would disagree

Courts still fighting it

>You go fellow pede
Has anyone actually realised that this means pedophile yet?

>their competitors
>local monopolies everywhere
¿qué?

>It already is a thing in other countries.
Which countries?

philippines I know for sure doesn't have net neutrality

>this contraction of "centipede" really means "paedophile"
>because I said
This is why people point and laugh at you, user - because you're a fucking retard.

one of those guys got 700 years in prison because they were in canada and what he was doing was considered hate speech

Whatever you say pede boy.

There's no way this is real.

Attached: fd6.jpg (211x246, 28K)

Wait for it, they are programming the stuff, Just when you forgot...

Name 3

Because synergy can eat a dick in the face of an upperhand. Doing something like that WOULD HAVE been possible... had they not aleeady done it with cable. Had they not given normies a TASTE of a free as in freedom internet. If they implemented that now, whatever company that did so wouldr ruin their public image forever. And I don't mean some "comcast is just the WORST" meme, I mean they would be the fallguy for literally jewing the internet harder than its ever been jewed. Competitors would spend hundred of millions if not billions to run new lines into a different territory to get at a bigger chunk of the pie. Politicians would turn their back on the company that did it for fear of not being in office the following term due to the amount of hate mail they'd receive. Plus the competitors would be bribing them hand over fist to grease the wheels of their hostile takeover so it'd be a win/win.

Nah this day and age is a globalist regime. Everyone is making money, everyone is fat and happy.

because i stopped it
you can thank me anons

they did some other dirty shit instead

Because NN would actually have to end for this to be a thing (it probably won't), and even then it would take a few years at least.

What do you mean, justification? Corporations want it, and the government preventing it would be communism. It's called the invisible hand of the free market.

Since I am on my way out of Comcast in the next few days, I'm just going to bud in here and say what everyone already knows. Comcast isnt just absolute shit for the customers, the majority of employees are shit aswell. They fit the darkest niggers they can into as many positions as thry can get away with and dont give a damn about productivity. The few cucked whites do everything and are barely welcome. You could be the above and beyond employee, have productibity several times that of anybody else there and it will mean NOTHING!

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes!

source?

Because it was a ruse. It was a power grab for companies like Google and Netflix.

Because there will be riots. We wouldn't see anything like this for years, when the words "net neutrality" are long forgotten. Perhaps our children's children will have to deal with that. We'll be in our 70s, though, so we wont be able to really do anything. It's what they'll know, however.

It's already happening in the us. Net neutrality is dead and this is coming soon. Thank you for cooperating and gives your money away. You have no choice anymore, you didn't fight enough.

>my "runs at 99c when you look at it wrong shittiest ipc gain of all time 4 disgraceful cores that a pentium from just 3 short years later out performs" disagrees

Attached: 1538956217849.png (293x81, 31K)

It's already happening to some degree, haven't you seen the mobile plans that offer free access to certain sites. It's not a huge step from there to paid tiers.

Attached: Untitled.png (317x271, 135K)

Because it's only been a few months. Have you never heard of boiling a frog?

We don't have net neutrality in Italy, hence Vodafone did this. You can pay for no data consumption on certain services. That means unfair competition. There also may be some traffic shaping

Attached: img_0575.png (550x722, 201K)

>competitors

Ha... ha ha... This level of naivete is almost enviable.

>using official channels for your sportsball fix
>when unofficial channels are both universal and reliable

Attached: 1290205177254.jpg (627x473, 42K)

Has anyone even proposed a technology that would even make this possible that wouldn't be easily be circumvented by using an alternative DNS server?

Same here in Germany.

because instead of partnering with a dead media, these people are signing up with digital providers like youtube and hulu now

or going on their own, like cbs or cw

Go away NPC

It's starting on mobile because of the we running out of internet meme. Extra credit must be some sort of propaganda channel

Funny how you never see youtube included in these lists, despite it very much being a social network. I wonder (((why)))

>hurr durr the 1% happens to be jewish

it's the other way around

If you don't like Comcast, you can always choose NetZero.

Too soon.

>Vodafone
Just go the way of the frogs and use iliad
I literally work for one of the competitors, our ceo had to do literal damage control

We're only in the news internationally for being retarded anymore

oligopoly m8
Unless some underground provider would provide to us, we are loss
#NetNeutrality
#NOTMYPRESIDENT
#RACISMOUT

>wikipedia
>GNU license
>monthly fee
You know I can just kick you right now?

Attached: Richard_Matthew_Stallman.jpg (393x298, 72K)

It'll inevitable and zoomers will embrace it

>store.netzero.net/account/showService.do?serviceId=nz-dsl-bb
Ah yes, 0.75 MBps at $30 a month.
I literally only have one choice (spectrum) in my area if I want speeds fast enough to watch 1080p60 fps streams.
I hate this fucking country so much

You're choosing to support monopolies.

>why hasn't this become a reality yet?
Because the world in bigger that USA. And american ISP could be destroyed by global Google Fiber

>I live in a country where that exact thing happened.

Same in Portugal

You're actually so fucking stupid it's absurd. Not every area has options when it comes to ISPs. In rural places some providers were already throttling before and they can just ramp up now

most countries in latin america. You pick.

why would you offer a $29.99/mo deal when you're already getting away with charging $69.99/mo and most people still only use google search and email

>all the people in this thread who never took a business class before
The ISP market is monopolistic despite being a public utility, NOT a monopoly as you uneducated twats presuppose. Look up the difference you tards.

>in some places companies were already blatantly breaking the law regularly on a large scale
>b-but if you remove the law then they'll do it more

>unfair
How is that unfair?

>b-but if you remove the law then they'll do it more
uh, yeah, dipshit. cost-benefit aint binary

Mostly because they'll start by jewing the major websites for their bandwidth before they start jewing the consumers.
Its an indirect tax on consumers for paysites, but it goes unnoticed because most online content is "free" -- the audience and their data is the product.
Independent bloggers or whatever receive little traffic, and already pay for hosting, so they will either shrug off addional ISP taxes, or shut down, completely unnoticed.
Major social media sites like Jow Forums will get more botnet, antiadblock scripts, monero mining, analytics, and cia nigger propaganda to offset additional costs or just use it as a pretext even if they don't get charged.

>jewing the major websites
I was telling people this what NN was about at the time. It's not about tiering access to sites, it's about charging netflix more money for being the top user of internet bandwidth. They're already max jew on consumers, NN doesn't change that. It's just that before they weren't really allowed to go to netflix, throttle all netflix traffic and say "Pay up if you want your customers to get a lag free experience"

>A group of 15 million people owning most of the world's wealth and media outlets just happens to be true
Fuck off

It's forbidden by law in California and probably in a few other states as well. When there's resistance to it and a good chance net neutrality will be brought back somehow by the next congress, it makes no sense for ISPs to start doing this right now. Given some more time and no reversal of policy, I don't doubt it's gonna happen one way or another.

Because companies play the long game.

Fake news. A deliberate misrepresentation.
The NFL does this, same as the media "blackouts" on local televison stations.
It is not imposed by the ISP.
Net neutrality does not prevent this.
Its called "intellectual property" aka communism.
I can't wait for binary only websites with unblockable scripts and ads.
Based Google.
>Boo Hoo! I have alternatives but they're worse!
You sound like an entitled, racist Jow Forumstard. Just built your own internet and payment processing system!
Its just the free market and corporate speech and property rights, we don't have to give you Nazi fucks what you want!

Because companies shifted to datamining their userbase long before any of that even took effect. Their business model is and has been very different for a while.

oh great seer tell me of the ways it happens

Corporations are different from ordinary businesses and should have significantly less rights.

that's what i'm saying, dumbass