ITT: Jow Forums approved botnets

ITT: Jow Forums approved botnets

pic related

Attached: yes.png (1200x630, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spyware.neocities.org/articles/discord.html
support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/360003858092-Privacy-Policy-Update-and-GDPR-FAQ
gdpreu.org/compliance/fines-and-penalties/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: 4_0217.png (448x240, 49K)

the sad truth

Discord

Please leave and never come back.

Attached: 1540936895076.gif (1100x800, 2.36M)

Fags

Attached: 1513972171288.jpg (214x400, 43K)

true

No. Fuck off.

Linux.

Hello reó €€ddit

Hello

>paying for content which is not only a subset of what is freely available but also inferior in quality and consumes a fuckton of bandwidth

you mean gew approved, lol, upvote this

>paying for spotify
any person with a brain knows how to use it adfree for free

As much as i fucking hate it, there are no alternatives

Attached: 253253235235.jpg (2560x1600, 44K)

>adfree for free
Still 128 kbps MP3 without a premium account, because sound quality is bound to account type. Good thing Spotify isn't the only way of obtaining music.

npc
wish there were a proper foss alternative to discord

any person with half a brain would not install a botnet, because why? Good goy points? Do you like to tap install botnet with root access ot what?
no, seriosuyl, what's the point of spotify? I can download whatever music I wish in whatever quality. I can stream music from fucking jewtube for free if I wish to be assfucked. Spotify is a middleman between you and your music

>inb4 muh recommendations

lol, what are you 12? If you are so insecure about your taste just ask your friendly folks on /mu/, they will shill whatever indie label pays them

cracked apk allows 320 kbps streaming for free dummy
because its fast, conviniant, and easy on sotrage. having spotify know your music taste compromises nothing. you are just a sperg

There aren't, because foss alternatives cannot into basic UX, no designer that can into UX will work for free. The idea that discord invades your privacy is based on misinformation and freetards parotting the shit they see on Jow Forums.

*blocks your path*

Attached: IMG_20181102_093800.jpg (1080x1610, 244K)

Attached: Android.jpg (1024x768, 63K)

Attached: discord-logo.jpg (1000x563, 34K)

No botnet is approved by Jow Forums

>spyware.neocities.org/articles/discord.html

You're an absolute retard, zero critical thinking skills if this honestly makes you believe in any way shape or form this is proof of discord being evil.

Of course they collect all that shit. Any chat service with their feature needs to! It needs it for history, sending to people in groups, that sort of thing. It's also all 100% opt in

>moving goalposts this hard

I'm not who you were replying to. Even if I fucking was, you clearly don't know the meaning of the phrase you posted.

>It's not a botnet
>It just needs to be a botnet to exist.
Holy fuck! How can one be so retarded?

Attached: 1530868802777.jpg (403x448, 29K)

This is all basic standard stuff. Storing username and email is a standard thing on any website.

How is a chat app going to know what to display on the other end if it cannot log the messages and images? It's like you faggots have no idea how applications work at all.

Please never make a website ever again for the sake of all humanity.

>cracked apk allows 320 kbps streaming for free dummy
Source? And who cares, it's not like Spotify has the most extensive collection of music to begin with.

Do you know what a botnet is? It sounds like you relate more with the image you posted moreso than anyone else in this thread does.

you're so fucking idiot

>they don't invade your privacy lmao
>yes they do, pic related
>lolol, of course they need to collect that data, it doesn't invade your privacy
I'm pretty sure that's moving goalposts.

It's pretty good, though some genres are worse than others for selection. It's miles ahead of where video streaming is at the moment.

They don't invade your privacy, you baseless accusing retard.

The only information they "collect" is all entirely voluntary. Here are some examples.

You send a chat message, they store it so you can use a search function. This isn't malicious, it's fucking necessary.

You go into options and enable rich presence, so now to be able to let your friends know what games you are playing, it keeps track of process IDs running. This, as I just said, it's opt in. Its not some malicious oogy boogy shit you retards think it is.

Do you even know what "invading privacy" is? Invading implies malicious intent. Where is the invasion?

Fpbp

Who let the children out of /v/?

Attached: 1533571900324.jpg (1800x1200, 966K)

Who let the retards out of /b/?

Can't handle being wrong, dumbass?

Wrong about what? I have made zero claims in this thread other than calling you faggots children for shitposting in Jow Forums

Their terms of service basically says they can do whatever the fuck they want with what they collect.

>cracking apk not pirating the music itself
lvl 99 retard

>having spotify know your music taste compromises nothing

lol

This app has access to:
Phone

read phone status and identity

Photos/Media/Files

read the contents of your USB storage
modify or delete the contents of your USB storage

Storage

read the contents of your USB storage
modify or delete the contents of your USB storage

Device ID & call information

read phone status and identity

Identity

find accounts on the device
add or remove accounts

Contacts

Camera

take pictures and videos

Microphone

record audio

Wi-Fi connection information

view Wi-Fi connections

Identity

Other

receive data from Internet
view network connections
full network access
prevent device from sleeping
view network connections
pair with Bluetooth devices
access Bluetooth settings
send sticky broadcast
allow Wi-Fi Multicast reception
full network access
change your audio settings
control Near Field Communication
run at startup
use accounts on the device
control vibration
install shortcuts
view network connections
view network connections
send sticky broadcast
full network access
change your audio settings
control Near Field Communication

>cracked
Enjoy your russian keyloggers

jeysus

>included but not limited to
not even gdpr compliant and you are a retard

this, they can just sell all the account info to even worse botnets or chat history to adnets who will have a field day lol

but the above shill I mean poster knows this perfectly well

spyware.neocities.org/articles/discord.html

>spotify
NORMALFAGGOTS GET OUT.

I WILL RUN OVER EVERY SINGLE GLOWING CIANIGGER I SEE

Attached: tang.png (760x806, 820K)

R.I.P. terry

Attached: 1540675264659.png (593x900, 38K)

Ok, so you won't ever use Jow Forums either? Anything you post here is also stored away on a server and has the right to be sold.

The problem with your new argument is there is no proof this is happening. There isn't even a fucking motive. Why would they risk doing that and getting caught? They sell products. They sell not only nitro, but now also actual games.

Mumble

support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/360003858092-Privacy-Policy-Update-and-GDPR-FAQ

You think they'd risk 2% of their turnover just to unsettle you? Retard.

>2%

you don't even know what gdpr is, every company says they are compliant but truth be told almost none of them. They are playing the EU have bigger problems than coming after us game, but it is a laughable cya attempt. Hopefully they will get btfo soon.

>comparing to fucking Jow Forums
lol, please be my guest store and cleanup all my shitpost, really sensitive data, great comparison. At least complain about recaptcha, now that is a real botnet

>not denying all of those permissions manually
l o l

Then what sensitive data is discord collecting??

It's 2% or 4% in the UK you massive retard.

Compliance is being responsible with user data and making it easy to delete records, that's it. It's not difficult to be compliant if you aren't selling user data.

The Internet

>gdpreu.org/compliance/fines-and-penalties/

do you really need to further drive home the point you are absolutely clueless?

everything you do tied to your account dumbass. It is even spelled out earlier

Attached: 5ad9fc0bd9a65138b2dad387_dpr-principles.png (535x408, 28K)

Jow Forums is less sensitive information because everything here is just completely out in the open to start with. I actually use discord myself, I just think you're a bit naive to think they're definitely not collecting and selling data.
>your new argument
that was my first reply to you dummy
>there is no proof
There's no smoking gun yes. The fact they went out of their way to write it into the terms of service says a lot about the probability of such occurring
>There isn't even a fucking motive
$$$
>Why would they risk doing that and getting caught?
It's pretty standard across many platforms. They likely wouldn't have to worry about getting caught because people just accept it as the current standard online

Attached: 1ac15163-477c-4718-82b6-8400c7dd5e79.jpg (641x481, 28K)

Use matrix instead

based

kys
the Jow Forums approved method is torrenting music and setting up a media center for streaming

Matrix is pure bloat use xmpp instead
Absolutely based

/bread

>calls others children for shitposting
>does it himself at the very same time
Activates the brain nicely.