Red Hat ditches KDE out

Where were you when GNOME wins again and again forever?

Attached: kde btfo.png (554x958, 248K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.ubuntu.com/2018/10/30/statement-on-ibm-acquisition-of-red-hat
gizmodo.com/what-will-become-of-linux-giant-red-hat-now-that-it-sol-1830074632
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Red Hat as a whole is deprecated

You are deprecated

A
FUCKING
FOOT

>death note for KDE - within Red Hat Enterprise Linux
>enterprise
>desides using a tablet UI is better than a proper desktop one
>taking them seriously

You’re a towel

ur a trowel

IBM will slowly but surely run Red Hat to the ground

Who the fuck cares? Nobody uses Red Hat on desktop

>Who the fuck cares? Nobody uses Red Hat
Fixed

t. Neet. Every company I have worked with had redhat. They're the only ones still maintaining and updating shit like tomcat 5 lmao.

/thread

ni/g/gers think they know about enterprise

I'm not well versed in this, why does this matter?
Why did they want this?

Embrace extend extinguish
First kde then the rest

heh, I saw this coming by telling KDEfags that GNOME will become standard for desktops.

who the fuck cares
>unironically using Fedora

Gnome sucks balls and anyone that has ever used it is an unsalvageable pleb.

>Canonical ditches Unity
>Red Hat ditches KDE
Gnome already is the standard Linux DE.

I honestly don't understand how people can bear to use GNOME.

Wasn't RHEL/Fedora KDE complete shit anyway? If you want well done KDE, then go to SUSE

>If you want well done KDE, then go to SUSE
SLED (enterprise version) is also gnome only.

Absolutely disgusting.

Attached: 1537842926600.png (699x699, 1.03M)

Huh, I did not know that. I assumed because so much effort has been put to make KDE great on openSUSE that SLED/SLES would be using it

We can only hope. Maybe they'll take systemd with them when they go.

You'll still be able to install it as easily as xfce or mate using the epel repository.

What? Shit that is bad.
but aren't fedora mainly kde?

no, fedora uses gnome by default, but there's also a kde spin

BASED RED HAT

>In other words, if you're using RHEL on the desktop, at some point KDE will not be supported

Remind me again who pays RedHat money to use RHEL as a desktop?

Attached: 1540154829018.jpg (250x250, 12K)

Red Hat btfo
blog.ubuntu.com/2018/10/30/statement-on-ibm-acquisition-of-red-hat

>using ubuntu in enterprise

yikes

>g-grats ibm, p-p-p-please use our distro instead people

>GNOME users think this means they'll be the default moving forward
>IBM pulls a classic IBM and actually makes CDE the default, as per AIX.

DDE master race reporting in, GNOME is fucking trash.

Fedora isn't RHEL. Someone using KDE on CentOS might be kind of tee'd off in another 4 or 5 years. That's about it.

So Xfce is the standard, then. That actually sounds sane, like how it should be.

Wew, he's so fucking salty. Poor lad.

The fuck you're on about ? SLES 15 has KDE 5.13 and has always had KDE support

>SLES
SLED. SLES is a server.
>SLES 15 has KDE 5.13
Wrong. OpenPEPE != SLED you fucking retard.

When was the last time you installed either ?

Both SLES and SLED offer you the choice between GNOME and KDE when installing it.

Yast is great that way, and you can choose what you want

Only reason sites put "GNOME" as a default is because it's first on the list of choices and is automatically selected

>Only reason sites put "GNOME" as a default is because it's first on the list of choices and is automatically selected
That's openPEPE. SLED is different. Stop pretending like you know shit.

No that's for all opensuse products.

Go try installing both SLED and SLES.

I deal with them on a daily basis.

Actually to add openSUSE (openPEPE) does not have anything selected as a default.

SLES and SLED have gnome selected as a default

Stop pretending already.

Attached: come on.jpg (930x695, 43K)

This makes perfect sense imo. Let's not pretend "Normal" people are anything like the crowd that browses Jow Forums. Having a uniform, widely accepted standard makes it easier for the regular (sometimes corporate) user to use a system. Does this standard have to be Gnome? No, but KDE is too flexible and inconsistent do take this role, and Gnome is currently more widely used anyway, so it's the natural choice. Not only does it make sense from a "user friendliness" perspective, but it saves companies money by not having to spend resources in training people to use their own particular desktop environment (don't underestimate how slow people can be at learning how to use new shit).
Does this run the risk of running KDE to the ground? Sure, and that sucks. But it makes sense.

WHO THE FUCK USES RHEL FOR A DESKTOP?

Universities and companies?

I don't think they've been relying on Red Hat much, deprecation means nobody worked on it years before. Like with net-tools, which have been deprecated only recently.

I've never seen that happen. The universities i've been to all used CentOS for Linux Workstations and the companies I work at only use RHEL as a server, not a desktop.

Because you didn't select the appropriate modules you monkey

Desktop module needs to be fully selected in order for KDE to appear as a choice

Attached: modules_selection.gif (1039x851, 170K)

Some do have contracts with Red Hat for workstations. The larger the userbase, the easier it is to outsource it.

Nice gif from the yast blog. Now show me kde in this installer.

> tomcat 5
holy fucking shitcicles
I had to install oracle java 7 with tomcat 7 on ubuntu 18 LTS the last week and there was literally no other way than breaking apt to do that...

Only Canonical will save us, Ubuntu is the last good thing left.

Attached: 200E05F4-9F84-4373-9D2A-B9318CACAA54.jpg (768x768, 86K)

The end is nigh

Attached: FFFC39F9-5DB7-423E-8280-448F306414C9.jpg (499x755, 27K)

all hail shuttleworth

Attached: 0B46281F-AC43-4AD2-A56C-97F89EDC3AEC.jpg (640x320, 32K)

Why GNOME? It is shit, really..
Just why corporate users must suffer?

killing linux and keeping it dead: on track

Can they fix GNOME?

IBM has a much better history than MS. They're essentially a business consulting and and supply firm now rather than a technology firm.

Tablet UI is unironically superior. Desktop UI kinda even looked like it originally, in 640x480.

I wonder what will left of gnome by 2024. A single button with do the thing on it?

IBM has the best tape if remember right, it is quite a tech.

>KDE
>Dragon mascot
>Correlation between KDE users and Dragon dildo owners when?

That would be great, you just press the button and it does everything for you. What's not to like?

Because it'll do what it thinks best and not what you actually want.

Press [A] to apologize.

Attached: Unity_logo.svg.png (300x300, 11K)

I miss it

I didnt use it but it's sad that Unity 8 in Qt got cancelled

Fuck no. Unity was a laggy piece of shit

IBM's RedHat is all about Cloud now. Mark my words that this is only the start and they are going full retarded optimizing profits by axing anything step by step that isn't Cloud.

Good news is that once GNOME is hit and resources are down to 1-2 people doing packaging the "usability crew" gets gone too and we may finally see nothing removed or broken by design anymore. Finally GNOME may become useful again!

Going to mastubate on that now. Join me to support the linux desktop!

KDEcuck community was hating on Unity 8 all the time. This was the only chance for qt to kill gtk on linux and they blew it. Now Shuttleworth went with gnome and they're like
>WAAAH BUT WHY NOT KDE WTFFFF
Hilarious.

A
FUCKING
K

This. Standard, consistency, stability.

gizmodo.com/what-will-become-of-linux-giant-red-hat-now-that-it-sol-1830074632

"If IBM finds that contributing resources (developers) to these elements of Linux didn’t help its bottom line and stops providing them"

Linux Desktop has 1% marketshare, there is no money in it and its not contributing to IBMs bottom line at all. Expected outcome.

>Red Hat whatever

Nobody cares

Ugly doesn't mean user friendly, or iOS and Mac would be the ugliest systems.

>docker container -p 8080:8080 -v tomcat-data:/tomcathome -d tomcat:7

They ship there Enterprise desktop with a fragile tablet-UI only? Muhahaha.

no. it's a fucking mess and you know it.

Python2 and many other things got killed too. $34 Billion more to go.

That doesn't make any sense.

Even if it's no big news, you can almost feel the butthurt of KDEfags posting itt.
You were always badmouthing Gnome on Jow Forums. instead of accepting that choice and competition are good. Karma's a bitch.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (720x720, 50K)

Can't say I'm surprised. I'm ready to cut over to Debian 10, since they'll have a kernel that doesn't fuckup on Ryzen.

Because Gnome looks bad. I don't care, DE is a DE, it's about looks and it doesn't provide even the features Windows has.
> But RH..
Can tweak deployment images to oblivion to provide everything their customers need. They could go with any DE, thier practices don't apply to people who want a good interface and sane settings out of the box. Out. Of. The. Box. GNOME doesn't have it, KDE does.

so 0.001% of the linux market wrote a death note to KDE
so..?
nobody uses RHEL and nobody on RHEL uses KDE

You should state your country along with those claims.

>using apache garbage
wew

You know, I am pretty sad they're getting rid of KDE, I quite like KDE and red hat servers are fucking tanks. But seeing what else IBM is doing, I'm starting to think they bought redhat just to kill lots of shit off.
Thats a lie, lots of people use RHEL, they just don't use DEs to manage their servers.

>sane settings out of the box
>KDE
My fucking sides.

>emitted
Is there no such thing as an editor anymore in these trash publications?

GNOME has been on the fail for years. I'll stick with something that doesn't remove features every release, thanks.

I know, it's weird when people maintain legacy. It's like they don't know newer stuff is always better, why won't they just switch?

naw not really. I'll guarantee

Alright, show me the numbers.

Attached: 1539994667698.jpg (306x306, 23K)

That's right goyim!
Use Guh-Nome! It's good for you!
Heh heh heh...

In case you haven't understood Red Hat's business philosophy by now:

If your red hat distro does something that you don't want, or doesn't do something that you want, you simply want the wrong things, goy.

>SUSE enterprise ditched kde in 2014
>nobody gave a shit back then
>Red Had ditches kde in 2024
>everyone are platinum mad
When did SUSE become this fucking irrelevant? They were really big in the past.

anyone using RHEL/CentOS is big brained enough to realize that graphical system management only prevents users and admins from accessing full system configuration. remember, most servers do not have GUIs

kek