SOLUS IS FINISHED

Is Solus dead?

Ikey has officially left Solus after being radio silent for months. phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Solus-Open-Letter
People have been donating money to Solus on Patreon with it not going anywhere, very unprofessional, and plans on where the team wants to go with Ikey's distro. getsol.us/2018/10/27/in-full-sail/
After telling users they should stop sending money to Patreon, they got access to the funds, ran very terribly and unprofessionally. getsol.us/2018/11/02/update-on-patreon/

Where will the project go from here? Ikey is no longer there. This feels like this is finally the end of Solus.

Also what will Kevin shill now that the project is dead?

Attached: ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ˜‚.gif (640x480, 1001K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mirrors.rit.edu/solus/images/Solus-Plasma-Testing-v1.iso
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Shame to be honest. It was genuinely the best distro for newcomers and winfags IMO.

This, stuff like DoFlicky helped.
This saddens me as I used to use Solus a lot.

It didn't die. It was never fucking alive.

Fuck Kevin and fuck solus

Absolutely dead.
No Ikey > pointless project on life support.
Ikey suddenly returns > nobody will trust this faggot anymore.
What a shame. I really liked it.

Install Solus

Fuck and the cunt didn't even deliver on qt.

Soloose

Fuck off Kevin

I dunno, it seems like the team has a good grasp on handling it otherwise it would have died when he went radio silent and the site went down. Instead they migrated everything over to their own hardware. They've still been upgrading Solus quite a lot and still have the original goal that Ikey had. Also he took off from the project to raise his child and to support his family instead of having his family support him, although he should have been more public about it.
mirrors.rit.edu/solus/images/Solus-Plasma-Testing-v1.iso
KDE has at least been ported so there is still definitely hope, and they haven't given up on Budgie 11, even with Ikey gone.

Kevin btfo

Kevin is macfag now

yup

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-02 at 3.32.58 PM.png (2880x1800, 2.55M)

there are only maintainers left
no actual devs

Solus fags BTFO

>expecting autismo-hipsterish freeturd shit to last

Attached: 1379940161673.jpg (200x200, 11K)

Yeah, I just wiped solus off my drive and installed Win10 LTSC.

I'm not falling for this linux desktop shit ever again.

Those maintainers are devs though

>competent dev
>maintainer
when in doubt, pick one and only one

Ikey has been afk for ~6 months or something youโ€™re late af to the party

All of those links are new.

They thought he would return. This "fuck you I have a family now" stuff is new.

Solus would have been finished 4 months ago if they were just maintainers.

they did nothing except for updating packages
otherwise solus 4 would've been released

bamp

You were stupid for installing a niche distro and you should feel stupid. GTFO to Windows and stay there.

Chantards usually use niche distros to be niche. Businesses use established, stable distros to get shit done. Play with niche shit in a fucking virtual machine, and if you don't know what those are you should GTFO to Windows and stay there.

I like budgie :3