Watercooling

>Watercooling
is there a bigger meme?

>putting water into your pc
>have to keep maintaining it (and with AIO setups, have to replace the whole thing after 5 years max)
>always risk of leakage no matter what

Attached: 1520771713408.gif (600x337, 1.42M)

yes, you're right, you're always right

Pretty much but you only need them if you're an inteltard.

Attached: 1523165107926.png (882x758, 234K)

There is: completely silent PC. "My HDD is too loud, what should I do" - typical post from people like that.

>low powered coolermaster aio
>closing in on 8 years without any maintenance
>never seen my i5-2500k over 60C
>still running silent while I've had two gpu fans become lawnmowers and 3 failed chassi fans
probably the best buy I've made when it comes to computer hardware

Lucky. The pump on my H110i failed after one year.

I have actually reached the point where under most loads, my HDDs are the noisiest components. I plan on replacing them with an SSD soon. It's not a meme, silent builds are top tier comfy.

Attached: DSC_0044.png (1440x1080, 2.15M)

>"My HDD is too loud, what should I do" - typical post from people like that.
I am the OP and I made that thread a while back. Even though I use air cooling and no watercooling meme. Just get a really good tower cooler.

t. using a huge noctua cooler and can't hear anything from my pc other than HDD

>>still running silent while
>> two gpu fans become lawnmowers and 3 failed chassi fans
so your setup is not silent at all and the only reason you can't hear your memecooler is because you use even worse components that drown out its pump noise.

The question is, why does that bother you? An HDD is quieter than a fridge or a laptop fan or a wind from behind a window. Why even care about that?

>An HDD is quieter than a fridge or a laptop fan or a wind from behind a window.
what kind of autistic question is this? I don't sit next to an open window when it's windy (plus, that sound is less annoying than HDD) and I don't have my fridge next to my desk and my laptop is silent as fuck.

Jow Forums poetry

I guess I can't understand you. Besides, when there's no noise, you are left alone with your thoughts, and that's not what one would desire.

>you are left alone with your thoughts, and that's not what one would desire.
actually I love this. I guess it's only bad if you're autistic or something.

>buy watercooler for vega 64
>barely reaches 40c under max load at 300w of power usage
>can overclock memory and core to higher levels because of the lower temperature
>can run fans at lower speeds to maintain the same cooling efficiency
yeah man, watercooling is a fucking joke

>not using your computer to boil water
heh pleb

>start watching "hardware enthusiast" videos on youtube
>fall for "silence" meme
>build a new pc when old one dies, buy "silent" parts, use air cooling
>mfw I the only thing I hear from my pc is air moving through the case
>mfw when it's not truly silent

Attached: 450881306.jpg (3000x2000, 524K)

>>mfw when
newfag

>what is noctua and be quiet coolers
Dumb mutt.

>implying I didn't replace those fans

>My HDD is too loud, what should I do
how homosexual can one get

Attached: 1491683993314.jpg (125x121, 6K)

doesn't matter. your setup sucks ass if you can't hear your HDD. I got a 1080Ti and a 6core intel CPU cooled with NH-D14 and I can't hear shit but the faint sound of HDD.

not sure if any of that compares to an 8 year old watercooler but okay

I don't think even the people who are really into watercooling say it's worth it. It's literally just something people who REALLY like computers do for fun, bragging purposes, and to literally try to get the best thermal/acoustic performance possible.

I have an AIO, got it back when I had an FX-8350. If you can be bothered to put it in (and an AIO ain't that hard) why not?

>risk of leakage
I'll find a way to go on

Wrong, new amd desktop cpu is rated at 250 watts.

The real question in, why does that bother you? Someone else doesn't want to listen to a sound they find annoying, so they spend money on sorting it out (plus, that's their money that they presumably earned).
Only a retard would put up with something irritating 8 hours a day, every day. We all die in the end anyway.

I've been using a Corsair H60 since forever. No leaks or problems. It's dead quiet compared to my GPU.

>have to keep maintaining it
The "maintenance" involves topping up the water level twice a year.

>you are left alone with your thoughts, and that's not what one would desire.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you unironically think this is normal.

If you're scared of your own thoughts, why don't you just put a bullet through your brain?

then you're doing it wrong.

Enjoy your condesation.

What condensation?

I'm here for you user.

Thank you! Thank you. I don't have real issues right now, though, was just fishing for compliments like .
(I still think 'loud HDDs' is a meme, people could just buy a NAS and stuff it somewhere, but they choose to complain)