What does Jow Forums think of le reddit?

What does Jow Forums think of le reddit?

Attached: LE REDDIT.png (949x899, 514K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=axrywDP9Ii0
ama.org/publications/MarketingNews/Pages/feeding-the-addiction.aspx
sitn.hms.harvard.edu/flash/2018/dopamine-smartphones-battle-time/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

A shithole like most social media that relies on a system of manipulation for dopamine release to keep people on the site.

> It sucks because it makes people happy

Attached: 6c783155b49eced982969c437b5d2746.jpg (600x484, 24K)

One of the best sites ever created.

It sucks because it uses the same type of feedback loop that encourages people to use Facebook. It's got fuck all to do with making anyone happy. It's primary focus is to keep people on the site by rewarding interaction with upvotes, karma and gold. It is effectively no different from grinding an RPG for loot drops. It's the same thing that keeps an addict puffing on cigarettes. It's unhealthy.

>*refresh*
>*scroll scroll scroll*
>*refresh*
>*scroll scroll scroll*
>*refresh*
>*scroll scroll scr-*
>oh my, is that a REDDIT thread?
>It sucks because it uses the same type of feedback loop that encourages people to use Facebook. It's got fuck all to do with making anyone happy. It's primary focus is to keep people on the site by rewarding interaction with upvotes, karma and gold. It is effectively no different from grinding an RPG for loot drops. It's the same thing that keeps an addict puffing on cigarettes. It's unhealthy.
>heh, showed that npc cuck
>*refresh*
>*scroll scroll scroll*

youtube.com/watch?v=axrywDP9Ii0

Remember, reddit is open source while Jow Forums isn’t.

Hivemind kharma whores, misinformed fact checkers, and semi-literate grammar nazis.

unironically this

tech related subs are fine the rest is cancer

ama.org/publications/MarketingNews/Pages/feeding-the-addiction.aspx

sitn.hms.harvard.edu/flash/2018/dopamine-smartphones-battle-time/

Same 63 how do I.. questions on a continuous loop.

it's ok for memes, the rest is a liberal echo chamber

It's fake happiness. Like a person that get "high" and then they say they're happy when high.

It encourages no discussion. You could basically grind karma and upboats by posting the same memes and opinions the majority of the site or subreddit agrees with.

This karma is then transformed into dopamine in your brain since you believe "people in the internet care about what I'm saying" and "since the majority agrees with me therefore I'm right and funny XD"

Whose gonna tell this guy that no one on reddit actually gives a fuck about upvotes and gold

>You could basically grind karma and upboats by posting the same memes and opinions the majority of the site or subreddit agrees with.
Which is exactly what happened with Digg. And is rampant throughout Reddit. "The Power User".

>Whose gonna tell this guy that no one on reddit actually gives a fuck about upvotes and gold
If they didn't, then they could easily get rid of upvotes and gold and people would still use the site. But they don't. Because it's an intrinsic part of keeping users on the site, because people want that reward.

>But they don't. Because it's an intrinsic part of keeping users on the site, because people want that reward.
Which is why the traditional forum declined so rapidly upon Reddit's arrival and most of the traditional forums have implemented some form of system for rating user comments.

I think that you should go back there.

Attached: 1gsn0.jpg (717x880, 186K)

ironically less repetitive than this shit board where we had the same thread yesterday

it's not a surprise that the "mainstream" subs like Jow Forumsfunny, Jow Forumspolitics, Jow Forumsthe_donald etc. are a cancerous cacophony of nobodies but it is unironically a really good place for participating in discussions on very niche hobbies. it is also kind of nice that indie companies can basically use it in lieu of a real forum until they can get the fiscal & technical capital to get their own