What's the best mini ITX case?

Attached: file.png (800x800, 793K)

Other urls found in this thread:

geeekstore.com/shop/a40-mini-itx-case/
techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/radeon-rx-vega-m-gh.c3056
techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-gtx-1060-3-gb.c2867
pcpartpicker.com/list/J3BXdX
pcpartpicker.com/list/ckKzGG
smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/nouvolo-steck-sff-8-7-11-2l-itx-pc-case-supports-liquid-cooling.7099/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No because ITX is shit in general.

Attached: Ghost S1 DXj.jpg (991x899, 334K)

Depends what you want from it. Airflow, size and silence are mostly mutually exclusive.

the one which doesn't compromise hardware life span

Are you referring to overheating or are there other factors as well?

a cage for your tiny penis

I'm in the market for making a mini itx build. As a dedicated VR and gaming only machine.

Looking at putting at least an 8700 in it and i already have a gtx 1080 and a samsung 2tb ssd spare to go in it.

Open to the fractal design node, but looking for similar cases

would settle for a i7-8700T or a high end i5 though. 8700ts seem hard to find.

Came here to post the Ghost as well. Mine's gonna arrive next week (after a couple of delays)

Whats the smallest cast with an optical bay?

A very British "couple".
In the end it saved me a shitton of money, being delayed from April. M.2s can be had for 150$/tb, ram is finally at 100$/16gig, and I picked up the 2700x for 280$.

But man, these were supposed to be here in fucking april. Really goes to show you gotta have someone in china watching them to do anything properly

Ncase has a spot for a slot load slim drive in the front. I doubt there are many others.

Had issues with the slim disc drives, want a small case with a full size optical bay.

depends on what you're willing to compromise

Why not just get a USB optical drive like a normal human being?

Why not get a gaymen nuc and slap it on the back of a monitor if you want something this small?

pic related has a gtx 1060 and an i7

Attached: maxresdefault (13).jpg (1280x720, 113K)

Had Issue with them since they are all slim drive. I'm ripping and burning disc in large quantities

The cooler master elite 130 can fit full sized optical drives.

what case is that mate?

Thermaltake P1 Core is pretty good desu

Attached: thp1c.jpg (1200x1200, 119K)

geeekstore.com/shop/a40-mini-itx-case/

But relying solely on the onboard GPU? I wouldn't do it OP

It's a gtx 1060 my man. Is it really that bad?

How do those components not overheat?

I don't understand why you'd use such large cases and components for mini-ITX computers. It defeats the purpose and just imposes the "mini-ITX tax", where motherboards and cases are way more expensive for no reason. You may as well just go for micro-ATX at that size, which is only barely larger.

's case at least somewhat gets it, only supporting short GPUs.

I'm using the Thermaltake Core V1 for a server. 1 500GB drive for the main system, and the 2 4TB drives hold the VMs.

Attached: IMG_20181029_220917.jpg (4032x3024, 3.28M)

Fractal Design Nano S

Attached: df.jpg (1007x981, 470K)

>when the first post is shit :(

Attached: 1539648071381.png (496x492, 150K)

Nah, he's right. Expensive good ITX motherboards, cases, silent fans, coolers, PSUs, and toiling to make sure everything (especially GPU) fits together just isn't worth it desu. I'd rather get and call it a day if I have to work with anything smaller than mATX.

For stuff with external PSU, I hear good things about Antec ISK110
I'm fan of conventional setup, like Riotoro CR280.
Raijintek Metis is nice but cramped.
Cube ones are hideous IMHO, as well as oversized boxes that are almost the size a compact fullATX case could be.

ITX is a meme. I went with this and while it's spacious enough my thermals are terrible.

Attached: silverstone_ml08_4.jpg (1920x1661, 114K)

It's 1050ti level at best, when not throttling

Nope, that little shit can even be OC'd somehow. This is truly a diamond in the ruff and probably the first of its kind for the compact size.

GTX 1060: 3.9 TFLOPs with 3GB vRAM @ 192.2GB/s
NUC graphics: 3.7 TFLOPs with 4GB vRAM @ 204.8GB/s

techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/radeon-rx-vega-m-gh.c3056
techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-gtx-1060-3-gb.c2867

Pic related: gaymen load (see frequencies and load)

Attached: stresswitch.png (1920x1200, 321K)

What did you expect, ice cold thermals in that case?

>being a fucking retard
>but mah thermals
>puts stuff in a tiny case
>muh thermals

Attached: Yherp-derp_o_346135.jpg (419x402, 34K)

I heard geeek is shit tho

>1x 2.5" drive
ew

that looks like a milk crate with a window

Same reason why they wouldn't in your normal case. Good ventilation

>large cases
>Ghost S1
>large
Do me a favour and walk into a box cutter

It depends. If you want the smallest case possible, your performance and compatibility will both be bad.

I was expecting it to not thermal throttle. My CPU hit 100c with a noctua nh l9 compared to my old system which had the stock intel cooler and one 12mm exhaust fan that only hit 85c. My 1080 used to hit 70c, but now it gets as hot as 90c. I knew they ran hot, but this was too much. I use an external fan now to help cool things down cause I can't afford to buy another PC

There's better cooler for that case like the is-60 or the scythe big shuriken.

I worked with that case before. The fan filter panels are fucking retarded and block all airflow. Just remove them.

No it won't, if some shitty overpeiced nuc like can do that then a bigger mini-itx build will easily be able to accommodate a 2700X + 2080 just fine with good thermals.

Attached: 1375645594547.jpg (500x500, 291K)

>intel
lad

Attached: blender-pwr-consumption.png (2652x1150, 244K)

SHIT, forgot to post the one with the i5-8400 housefire. Whatever.

Attached: aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9RLzgvNzIxNTIwL29yaWdpbmFsLzA1LVBvd2VyLUNvbnN1bXB0aW9uLVRvcnR1 (708x531, 93K)

I think my 4770k is worse. Hasewell wasn't all that power efficient when compared to the newer intel cpus

God forbid you OC'd. At least the power consumption was worth compared to faildozer.

Attached: Untitled.png (600x668, 64K)

It already throttles without overclocking it, plus my power supply won't be able to handle it.

I ordered mine from the second batch and will get it somewhere in January.

Attached: wow.png (814x537, 698K)

when did they get rid of faildozer? both my previous fx chips were vishera

>NUC can no longer play the latest games
>Have to replace entire computer rather than just replacing the graphics card

So, last time I checked a couple years ago, the best mini itx cases on the market were still pretty big since it was all about stuffing a full length GPU in there. I've got a mini itx 1155 board with an i5-3570k and 16 gigs of ram that I'd like to make into the brain of an entertainment hub and use as a base for learning Linux. Is there anything that isn't huge and comes with onboard PSU these days? Everything posted here so far looks like it's design to take a full sized gpu, and I'm not interested in that at all.

Jonsbo have some nice options. The Jonsbo U1 might be up your alley, you'll need to grab an SFX PSU though. If you're not even going to use a GPU and just use the on board graphics, then the InWin Choppin is the perfect little DYI NUC case.

Attached: images (1).jpg (678x452, 18K)

This. Don't fancy buying a $1200 NUC plus memory and storage for a fucking 7700K/RX560 level PC that can't be upgraded.

1. Don't want to pay a premimum
2. Don't want laptop tier hardware in a desktop
3. Don't want to be locked out from upgrading
4. Don't want my computer to throttle even when idle
A nuc is a stupid idea. You have all the disadvantages of a laptop with none of the advantages.

Check out some of the enthusiast cases by SFFLab. NCASE M1, Chimera MachOne etc... are among the best you'll find I think.

>Antec ISK110
I've got it
It's a bit annoying to work with but once built, is pretty nice
No space for a GPU if you need it, though

If money dont matter then dan a4

Probably the Ncase. It's very low in volume, not as low as the Ghost s1 or Dancase, but blows both out of the water in terms of compatibility while not being much larger. That being said a lot of the sought over boutique cases are pretty expensive and I understand why someone would settle for something like the Node 202, sg13, the Qbx, etc.

Currently have my rig in an Ncase. I have a Ghost s1 on order but already know it won't be as quiet as my Ncase unless maybe I put some tophats on it. I'll probably just use it for a lighter side rig with like a 1050ti or something.

Attached: ncase.jpg (600x400, 27K)

will an evolv shift fit
pcpartpicker.com/list/J3BXdX
also is ram bottlenecking my system ?

You guys live in cages? Why do you need such small computers?

They're cute.

That what your gf says about your small dick?

I only have a single penis, though.

>buying ddr3 in 2018
ishygddt

try this instead
>pcpartpicker.com/list/ckKzGG

no i mean that pcpartpicker was my actual current build. Why do you think i should get the ryzen 5 ? is it really that much better then the i5 4670k (oc'[email protected])

stop shilling for this overpriced piece of shit.

If I don't care about silence, but do care about size and temps?

>Why do you think i should get the ryzen 5 ?
better performance/cost ratio for a $1000 budget, but if the i5 4670k is working fine then there's no need to upgrade yet
>that pcpartpicker was my actual current build
in that case the evolv shift won't fit since it uses a different motherboard form factor

silverstone sg05/06/13

I don't get the point of these short and thicc cases. slim and tall cases are more practical if you ask me.

Attached: b16f1652_20151215_191807.jpg (3361x2897, 2.43M)

There's the NFC S4 mini which is as big as a console

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 145K)

>that light bleed

you think my ddr3 is bottlenecking my system ?

most likely, since it's only 1600 mHz

8gb enough for 144hz gaming and shit posting ?

Ghost S1 seems nice and all, but what's with the openings on the bottom? Looks like a dust magnet.

They do, especially the rams. They get fucked first then the board.

Go back to 9gag

WTF are you using as your CPU? Then again it's fairly obvious that that case isn't supposed to contain high power components anyway. There's barely any space for a CPU cooler and zero spots for extra fans.

You have to sacrifice airflow for slimness or vice versa. That being said the ML08 still does a fairly good job for a thin case that has no slots for extra fans.

Attached: ml08temps.png (678x322, 20K)

SG13 is compatible with everything and cheap as fuck but only 10.5 litre. I have a full size blower 980 in mine, 1x 3.5" and 3x 2.5" hard drives. It takes up about 1/3 the space of a carry-on bag. The thing is perfect (apart from the slightly rough-edged construction), but I wish they took the exact same formula and compressed it by 25% by using an SFX psu slot and reducing the z height to match, could also put a 2.5" slot on the PSU holder since there's space there.

Just tape some cheap mosquito netting on it.

Why are all the small-yet-spacious "premium" ITX cases like the DAN A4-SFX, Ghost S1, In Win A1 etc. expensive as FUCK? The only one with a similar form factor that seems to be even marginally reasonable in price is Raijintek Ophion (with "reasonable" being 130 €).

Attached: ophion01big.jpg (500x500, 122K)

because its a new thing and only been available in the last year or even 6months really.

its still kickstarter prices. nun are in mass production thou the dan case will be soon because lian-li in a year or 2 will sell it them self for 100$ because its made in their factory.

you can get geeek a50 from Taobao that's exact same diementions as ghost and can be in black or white if the white looks ugly to you for like 60$ shipped to you and buy a 5-10$ riser cable for it yourself.

use that if you are poor and cant wait afue years.

honestly thou in 2years we will probably all realize these mini computers are retarded and killing 2000$ worth of hardware.

you can get it in black now use chrome to translate the Taobao listing of geeek a50 its the pirate ship version.

its a kewl case imo.

Attached: geeek a50 60$ taobao case.jpg (800x800, 157K)

smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/nouvolo-steck-sff-8-7-11-2l-itx-pc-case-supports-liquid-cooling.7099/

Thoughts on nouvolo steck?

Attached: 6068830C-C11B-4E36-839C-0A4A29F8D789.jpg (1183x852, 162K)

Judging by those pictures I'd be interested to see how the hell you're supposed to feed power to the MB with a fit as tight as that.

Memecase is nice

Attached: IMG_20180811_005749.jpg (2877x2460, 2.17M)

Just go micro, wider variety of cases and you don't look like a tryhard
the define mini is great

These seem to be perfect to deploy in tiny homes

Great! Now all you need is a case that has 6 system fans, three on either side and have the air flow from one side to the other.

Just built yesterday. Best $40 case I ever bought. We’ll see how the front panel components hold up

Actually better to use full size GFX in this as my mini Zotac 1080’s pins mean I can’t insert the extra SSD slots at the top. Only need the one at the bottom and m.2 so not a big L

Attached: 00BC8667-BB52-4D2D-91D9-333BFF3EA50B.jpg (2674x2818, 2.42M)

because they are new, limited production, limited demand and thus economy of scale hasn't fully kicked it. would they be churned out in the tens of thousands you'd have to pay much less.

>" We’ll see how the front panel components hold up "
Not sure what you mean by that. I've had case for ~3yrs and everything about it has held up pretty damn good despite opening it up countless times including the front panel.
I have a gaming pc in there with a 3tb hdd, 320gb 2.5" and 512 m.2. Case improved everything from the sugo05 which I had before.

The PCI-E riser cables they use are like $60-80 on their own. Delivering 75W and high bandwidth data without issue on such a thin cable takes very clean manufacturing I guess because only a handful of companies make good ones. The reviews for cheaper ones always bring up problems like GPU shutdown, freezing, graphic corruption,etc. The rest of the cost is just small production. There's a certain upfront fixed cost for tooling so the fewer the units you have the more cost per unit. The fact that these guys go to lian li instead of some generic chinese metal fabrication plant makes it more expensive because I'm sure those Taiwanese charge up for the brand name

Is that all acrylic? That's awful, acrylic will warp and crack under heat.

Does the Ghost S1 carry 1 or 3 2.5 drives without the tophat? Because I can't find any information about how to mount 3

>when you are a literal feature hating macfaggot

Fractal Node 202

Attached: o9AnOnG[1].jpg (2203x1469, 1.13M)

Attached: 199726.d8ff6d62bc029636c12762ecf441a0b0.1600[1].jpg (1600x1200, 131K)