Considering the patch seemed to have fixed the throttling of the i9: is this literally the best laptop for music...

Considering the patch seemed to have fixed the throttling of the i9: is this literally the best laptop for music production and Photoshop/Rhino 3D work?

Am considering getting a refurbed 2018 model next year. Is it worth going for 32 gigs?

Attached: 2018-MacBook-Pro-Logic.jpg (1920x1234, 718K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6OZ4pmxZAlA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>that keyboard

I typed on it and it sucks yeah but it's alright if it won't break on you like the previous versions. Did they nail it this time?

>laptop
>for music production and Photoshop/Rhino 3D

Attached: 1499322226211.png (750x750, 443K)

Not at all, it still constantly overheats and therma throttles like crazy in actual workloads even after the patch. Aero 15X is a far better choice all things considered.

The keyboard is still prone to failure from dust too.

Attached: 1532289769566.png (325x321, 141K)

>using an inferior device because it looks shiny
>buying from an anti-consamer faggot company
buying this is fucking street whore tier

>Rhino 3D

Attached: Screenshot (14).png (4480x1440, 1015K)

>it still constantly overheats and therma throttles like crazy in actual workloads
All laptops throttle though, unless you have a gaymen alienware brick.
My workloads also don't include rendering 4k footage like all tests though. I just having constant middle tier stress through low latency audio and shitloads of plugins.

>The keyboard is still prone to failure from dust too.
That sucks. Is it as frequent as the old ones?

why is that ridiculous?

parallels nigga

>but muh core audio

>Is it as frequent as the old ones?
The failure just happens later.
>why is that ridiculous?
How would it not be ridiculous to do high CPU usage tasks on a paper thin laptop?
>All laptops throttle though
Competing workstation laptops do not
>but muh core audio
But muh jack

>Considering the patch seemed to have fixed the throttling of the i9:
If only.
It still breaks.

>All laptops throttle though
Only shit tier laptops. FYI, all instant ultrabooks are shit tier.

*all ultrabooks are instant shit tier

I would spend $2500 on a new MacBook Pro if they maintained the old form factor and port selection. The old model was plenty thin and was far more practical.

yes, don't listen to these neckbeards who cannot into productive software

This guy says it handles music production pretty well:

youtube.com/watch?v=6OZ4pmxZAlA

>that poverty shack
I'm sure he's a very successful music man and has a worthy opinion

>He looks poor, therefor his opinion and proof doesn't matter

That poverty shack is called a semi-professional studio. His music is lame af but he seems to know his technical shit

I want to get off me Cook’s wild ride but how? Dell is out of the question, they started as a business that makes cheaper versions of other products and still are like that, no amount of failed keyboards will take back XPS shitty panels with light bleed, coil whine and just overall failing components (and yeah it trottles at times even worse then new versions). I don’t want surface pro either, it’s an interesting concept and seems to be the best notebook microsoft ever put out but I have no use for 2 in 1. X1 extreme looks nice but you are also getting 1050 at max. Gayman notebooks look in general like shite, only good option is Razer blade but even tho I can get one there is no official support in cykaland and they do have hilariously bad QA. Also 1080p panels are shit and 4K drains battery faster.

yeah it seems the MacBook Pro is still the only machine which has good build quality ( apart form keyboard), great screen and good battery life in one

Just buy an old Mac and pick up new ones a couple years behind their release cycle. 2015 Macbooks are still very competent, and don't force you to invest $80 in dongles to use them.

My latitude 8gen don't throttle.
Also the precisions with 6 cores and quadro 2000 don't throttle and are used for 3d modelling.

Apple is just for hipsters. A paper thin shit book with no vents is good as an idea as putting a Xeon behind a display

>the best laptop for music production
what the hell does this mean? anything that can run a daw is ok
do you know that some famous hollywood movie soundtracks were composed, arranged and recorded with a generic PC laptop and external HDDs?

got a latitude 7450 but it just isn't it. the dual core can't run plugins with low latency smoothly

>macshit
>build quality
Pick one.
Apple is absolute bottom of the barrel trash.

Attached: 1527378925325.jpg (989x1005, 189K)

no other hardware/driver combination has managed to implement a pleasant trackpad with decent gestures that you don't have to think too much about and on that alone i'd buy another used 400-500$ macbook.

setting one up with decent tools and work environments is quick with brew. i just import my dotfiles and make a few simlinks in homebrew's directories. also iterm2 is a really good terminal emulator with most options i need. the way virtual desktops and screen splitting works on macos helped me cold turkey quit my addiction to multiple physical displays so that's also a good thing.

what i don't understand is paying over a thousand on one of these things or why nobody else can implement a decent fucking trackpad experience

Attached: IMG_1421.jpg (417x842, 91K)

no
laptops are garbage to do that kind of stuff no matter what

Nah. It still has thermal issues, and a speck of dust is still enough to kill the keyboard, necessitating a $300 replacement of the top half of the machine.

real studios never use laptops

This at least somewhat. For professional Photoshop work you want a calibrated display with even blacklight, in controlled light conditions. A laptop isn't so great at that. More screen space also improves productivity.