Digital Audio Players

Stopped using my smartphone and switched to a new Nokia 3310, the only problem is its music player has some issues and can only play mp3s.

I'm a /poorfag/ (grad student) but I have good brainwavz IEM's so something portable but also with an equalizer would be ideal (pic related, sadly they've been discontinued). What do you like to see in a DAP?

Attached: sadasdasd.jpg (1000x1000, 82K)

install gentoo on nokia 3310

> pic related, sadly they've been discontinued
Buy used. Ebay.

How's the Nokia? Also try a Sony Walkman, it's 16gb but takes up to a 256gb sd. If it has what your looking for

So far so good. The call quality is better than some smartphones I've owned. Texting is harder but there's not many people I text anyway. I was pretty addicted to my smartphone which is why I made the switch and it's been helping.

Build quality seems good too, but I was in grade school for the earlier 3310's, so not being a cell user at the time I couldn't tell you how they compare.

The Walkman line looks like a good fit. I'll have to wait till all my bill payments go through and stuff to see how long it'll take me to afford one.

Attached: nokia3310.jpg (1000x887, 61K)

My aunt actaully has one of the originals in her "old stuff" drawer. Side note idk how to spell drawer as in a single one but i think that's right. Either way I want to get one of those kyocera filp phones. But by looking at tose I've figured out that even basic phones are starting to have smartphone features, kind of sad

Yeah it's a scary kind of feature creep, at least on these neu bricks there isn't GPS and stuff, and while there's technically some "apps" they have the functionality of something an 8th grader wrote in Java for a class project in 2006 so even if they're there they aren't much of a temptation thankfully, at least on the 3310.

Also try to see if your Aunt will give you the OG 3310, the fucking thing probably still works so with a SIM card adapter it could make for a good backup phone, or a daily if you want to go full minimalist.

>Stopped using my smartphone and switched to a new Nokia 3310
At least use a phone that supports voice over LTE, not 2G only you gigantic fagmeister

Attached: Sansa_Clip_Zip.jpg (2844x1280, 656K)

Well I am trying to cut back on my phone use...

Also what version of the clip is that? Also is that the original firmware or something else?

Clip Zip rockbox

Attached: Sansa_Clip_Zip_Rockboy.jpg (2844x1280, 612K)

Many thanks Mr. Aesthetic

Rockboxed Benjie T6, it's the closest thing to a clip+ you'll get.

No problemo

Attached: pokemen_on_sansa_clip.jpg (1920x1440, 291K)

Man I wish I knew where to buy a compatible battery though. Both my Clip Zip and my regular Clip are dead :/

Attached: KossPortaProWhite.jpg (1920x1440, 331K)

That's one of the very few downsides I've heard about the clips, they last for a while but I haven't heard any battery replacement success stories.

>tfw lost 2nd (or 3rd?) clip zip
>bought replacement and a 128gb card
>card didnt work, i thought it was the player
>got benji from china
>a month ago
>meanwhile bought another 128gb card which works flawlessly
>still waiting on chinkshit
ah well i'll have a back up at least

My mum has a 3310, the quality is super great, very little noise, even when using IEMS.

>benji?

Benjie T6

I wasn't fair to the 3310, the sound is good, I just don't like mids a whole lot so I tend to always use an equalizer if it's available.

You just need a Li-ion battery that fits where the old one went

If you want a fire in your pocket, yes

How so? Don't Li-ion chargers go off of voltage to check the charge? When the battery, higher or lower capacity than the stock one, became fully charged the DAP should stop charging it

>Don't Li-ion chargers go off of voltage to check the charge?
It needs a very specific voltage and size, though if you don't fuck up the polarity while soldering there shouldn't be an issue

Rockbox comptibility is always nice. I use my trusty as fuck Sansa E260 v1 pretty often.

Attached: Sansa1.jpg (600x450, 45K)

still the greatest one of it's kind ever made. I want to try ones that look similar but it's been so long that I don't know how to compare it to the others.

whats the biggest micro sd you can put in a clip? i have a 32 gb and im almost full.

if you get a good one i believe 128 or maybe 256 is max

I have the same one as in ops pic, is that a good one?

2TB

i meant a good microsd card, see i got a bad one that only showed 32gb, and a 2nd one that shows full 128gb

>(pic related, sadly they've been discontinued).
I swear to god we've had this same thread like three times in the last two weeks alone.

Sandisk still make modern versions of the Sansa, and there are also a billion Chinese knock-offs that do the same thing and even rip-off the look of them. See attached pic.

Attached: Sandisk Clip Jam Clip Sport Amazon.png (1133x694, 167K)

They don't run Rockbox, therefore they're useless.

>no rockbox
>shitty DACs

Oh no, now you'll only be able to use your music playing device for music and not to play Pokemon Red on a buggy Gameboy emulator with the wrong screen aspect ratio and shitty controls.

Oh no, you won't be able to read Dickens novels in .txt format on a 1 inch screen.

Oh no, now you won't be able to play Snake :(

Attached: 1535160882455.jpg (3000x1486, 2.03M)

>merely pretending

>he doesn't read Dickens on his 1 inch mp3 player
Jow Forums is getting too casual these days man

>he doesnt play doom for 5 minutes

Only 5 minutes? I hope it's from the battery drain and not because of your attention span. This generation is truly doomed!

yes, battery drain obviously

I enjoy my microsoft zune personally

Are used iPods a useful option?

I had one of these. I remember watching a fucking movie on it some how

No, apple has a shitty reputation for planned obsolescence, and any dedicated audio player they make currently is overpriced.

Ok you got me, throwing away my sansa clip now, time to embrace the rockbox-less chink players

Attached: its_dead_jim.jpg (1920x864, 246K)

No rockbox, why?

The UI for them is garbage without it, and completely fucking slow, and didn't even support flac. Nice bait.

the absolute madman

fiio are really nice

Attached: fiiox1.jpg (4000x2667, 806K)

hey I have this one
do they release new firmware?

in 4 years, i never bothered to look lol
probably

apparently yes.
I'm on FW1.6 and there's a 2.0 (the final update) now.

You can see in;
System Settings> About X1

upgrade it and tell me what the difference is plz

gonna take a look
I guess it's supposed to be faster and less laggy

it's going to explode