How to become Frontend Developer in 2018?

How to become Frontend Developer in 2018?

Attached: programmer qt girl.jpg (1500x961, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sketchapp.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Learn html/css/javascript. Learn a javascript like react/angular/vue.

Then kill yourself when 2019 rolls around with 1000 new frameworks, libraries, and other frontend shit that you've got to learn because some project manager was convinced that new hot trendy piece of shit tech was the all-in-one problem solver, whilst ignoring the MB's of bloat now added to the website, seconds added to the download speed, and just the unpleasant looking generic scheme that website now adopts because it looks like every other front end website.

that what i am afraid of. What are some "universal basics" of frontend, similiar how OOP or algorithms are universal and language agnostic in CS?

develop a frontend.

There are no universal basics.
Frontend is literally hell. It's not real development, it's just chasing fad after fad forever. The kinds of people who you'll be working with will be children treating the development process like a fucking MMO. There is no architecture, there is no salvation.

Frontend is literally hell.

If you want to be gainfully employed as a frontend dev, then you're gonna have to do and stay on top of the newer tech. This is fine if you want to be a wagiecuck for some BigCo. However, if you want to spread your wings and try to build your own shit (front and back), then stick with the fundamentals until you find a need to pick up a framework/library, then use them sparingly.
I'm working on a project that I had initially decided to use Laravel for, yet I'm on Win10 and for whatever reason it's such a pain in the ass to setup that my setup ain't even right. I decided PHP wasn't giving me grief and I had only decided on Laravel because that's the current meme at the moment, so I decided to drop that shit and work with vanilla PHP, JS, CSS, etc. In fact, I'd argue there's no need for frameworks with how extensively versatile and robust the current versions of the fundamental tech stack is. Just so long as you discard any intent of supporting IE, you're good to go.

Download wordpress and start customizing some themes.

Remove penis

ok, i think you should go with frontend cause there are so few of them that are even decent

usually backend devs get stuck with front and they just dont have the eye for it...

1. learn some visual basics, from fonts to color theories but basics (words have letter-spacing, line-height, they get bigger and smaller in scales, colors are usaully in hex code)...

2. html/css you must master

3. javascript/jquery medium knowledge at least

4. other than bootstrap, learn frameworks that your potential job requires, so this one can be entry level knowledge

5. optional, learn webgl or three.js or something that allows you to go in 3d cause very few people know this, it could separate you from the crowd

6. optional, learn wordpress or something that allows you to finish a website without a backend dev, or maybe ajax dynamic content loading (there are frameworks for this also)

also version control like Git, and CSS procesors (minimizes CSS and you can write more and faster with them) - basics at least

1. Come up with some innovative idea which you will express as a verb, then remove the last vowel ( as in: wanker -> wankr )

2. Buy a .io domain for your revolutionary app

3. From now on Starbucks is your office

4. Pay (two dollars) some Pajeet on Fiverr to jury-rig your project.

5. Be a hipster

>Step 1: Be a woman
>Step 2: Never say no to tracking scripts
>Step 3: Learn enough HTML/CSS to talk about it, but honestly just use dreamweaver.
>Step 4 (extra credit): learn a few basic uses of a framework that utilizes jquery for you

Jow Forums is heavy bias on programming or more advice goes to backend programming.

Frontend developers in real world begin half baked graphics designers or tumblr/dev artist want a job.

Frontend developers usually translate Photoshop files or sketchapp.com from team designers to webpage or build own design.

You need good looking or creative portafolio for get a job.

Usually coding capacities from frontend is begin really good on CSS a lot Frontend developer love show tricks CSS or animations to avoid JS coding.

Over programming most frontend just copy and paste internet code or libraries to get funny effects.

>tfw all you want to do is program neat javascript gadgets
>not "techie" enough for backend
>not "artsy" enough for frontend
>the only javascript anybody cares about you knowing is fadeouts and google tracking scripts

Attached: goodnight.png (393x498, 241K)

are u me?

this is the end result of doing Front-end work for any length of time.

install gentoo

MVC - Model, View, Controller. It's a pattern that's used for pretty much anything front end anymore. Learn how to make your own with vanilla JS, and you'll have an easy time adapting to pretty much any modern library.

1. have tits
2. become frontend developer

electron and all of the npm packages you can muster

>jury-rig

Attached: mw06018.jpg (613x800, 105K)

Depends on how much you want to earn.

>First option - Pajeet Frontend Programmer @ 10$ an hour
>learn HTML
If you have to actually learn it, you might want to consider applying to McDonalds.
>learn CSS fundamentals
How to change font sizes, margins, paddings. Deliberately ignore box model and layout fundamentals. Make sure to never read on how browsers work, what are the differences between them and rely on copy-pasted segments of code
>learn jQuery
Learn how to include 50 plugins and how to write 3 lines of code to make them work with DOM. Make sure to never understand what you are doing. StackOverflow profile is mandatory! You can't be a good frontend developer if you don't ask idiotic questions on SO! Also never RTFM
>learn where to source jobs
freelancer.com, upwork, craigslist and the like are your bread and butter
>learn proper business ethics
Learn how to properly address your customers and possible business prospects
>hello gud sir 10$ an hour how are you my name is user and I'm a gud frontend jquery html css3 mootools javascript photoshop developer! only 10$ an hour! gud client satisfaction gud reputation pls gib job I can turn your PSD into HTML for just 10$ an hour

>Second option - Frontend developer @ 50$ an hour
>learn about reactive programming
>learn React
>learn JSX
>learn about flux architecture
>learn about Redux
>really learn about Redux
>implement your own Redux to understand how it works
>learn about modularity
>learn about webpack
>understand webpack
>learn CSS3 + SASS + CSSNext
>learn ES6
>learn about browsers and their differences
>understand what layout thrashing is
>learn GraphQL
>learn to explain to a 5 year old why graphql data should not be stored in a reducer
>learn about async programming
>learn about promises
>learn about UI blocking
>understand the limitations of a single thread
>fail because it's easier to churn out wordpress websites using stolen templates and 56 jquery plugins to toggle visibility of a single div