Have to use 2015 MBP for work

>have to use 2015 MBP for work
>it's fine I guess
>randomly decide to update to Mojave last week so that I can update MySQLWorkbench
>surprise it takes a fucking hour in the middle of the work day

>since update tons of shit has broken
>split window fullscreen workspaces are buggy as fuck now, most workspaces break on me multiple times per day
>dark mode doesn't work in most applications and to only way to turn it off on a per application basis is running a couple commands in terminal which is fine but should just have an option in the system menu
>webcam just plain doesn't work anymore in any application
>all the key rebinds I had to make the laptop work like every other windows and linux system have been reset for some reason
>scrolling while selecting doesn't fucking work anymore, scroll wheel triggers cancelling the selection, then starts again at whatever point the mouse is at, super fucking frustrating because it's easy not to notice

>post about issues on Mac boards trying to find out if these are common complaints that will be patched
>10 replies so far all say "everything works for me, maybe take it in to the Apple store or upgrade to a newer MBP"
>work would buy me a new one if I asked but I've heard from coworkers they're not even faster than the last gen and don't have Magsafe which is one of the only great features of this laptop

Apple Hate General

Attached: apple.png (1536x741, 34K)

Yeah, Apple hate circlejerk pretending you have a work and a work MBP.

Keep frying burgers.

For real though I got a 15" macbook pro retina and it was worse than expected. I got it because of music production/video editing but I really regretted my decision later on. I KNEW the razor thin profile was gonna result in poor cooling but I went on and bought it anyway because everybody recommended it.

Anyway 2 returned laptops later (first throttling and next throttling + dead keyboard) I threw in the towel and got a shitty HP laptop at costco. The fucking hinge broke on it and it's infested with adware and spyware but it's better than the macbook I had.

>t. paid apple shill

Get cucked faggot

Attached: PB020017.jpg (1920x1440, 1.29M)

Should have got an actual workstation for that shit
"Apple for media" is a meme that hasn't been true since PowerPC was good 15 years ago

mactoddlers have defended this

works on my hackintosh, git good

hello dustin

at first it was apple for media because
>only apple renders fonts correctly
then it was
>look at this neat music production software
and now, since 15 years, it's been
>we know you're just buying it anyway

It still persists though.

This.
If you don't have a Retina Macbook Pro, you can't be considered as a serious professional.

tl;dr I clicked update and it updated my system, and not all third party software supports it yet
reeee

>t. poojeet

Attached: 1513985847221.jpg (643x960, 256K)

I have a 2010 and 1015 MBP and both are fine.

It persists without good basis. I have to admit however I do work more on my Mac since it is harder to get distracted by stuff. Less options basically.

>>dark mode doesn't work in most applications and to only way to turn it off on a per application basis is running a couple commands in terminal which is fine but should just have an option in the system menu
PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SHARE

Wipe your SSD/HDD and reinstall your OS, thats all you can do. Thats how most stuff gets fixed after a major release update

>mactoddlers actually defended this

Fucking Pajeet.

go fuck yourself, dustin

If you're a developer and you use anything other than a macbook pro, you're doing it wrong.

If you "have to" use any particular machine for work, your job is shit.

Apple gets a lot of reasonable shit for what they do but this seems like bait. I have a 2013 MacBook Air and Mojave has caused literally no issues.

and if this actually happened, have you just considered a system restore? How haven’t you done one of the most universal fixes across all hardware and software platforms if you have undocumented bugs?

'17 MBP here. I had issues with Mojave as well. It broke MS office and Photoshop, and throttled my Wi-Fi connection to 1MBps. Really weird errors.

Ended up restoring back to High Sierra. I might do a wipe and fresh install, but at this point I think it may be better to avoid it for work computers.

Apple is not as good as it once was, that's for sure.

>Stupid notch
>Mojave bugs
>Lack of any signifiant updates to the iMac or MBP
>Tim cook is a raging faggot
>Apple panders to gays and minorities in its advertising

They need to get their shit together. Still better than anything MS makes I suppose.

Patrician.

>have to use 2015 MBP for work

same, i'm a react native developer so i need to use a mbp to build ios shitty apps but i can't take it anymore

i'm quitting in few months so i won't have to work with fancy and stupid applefags