Redpill me on trackballs, Jow Forums

redpill me on trackballs, Jow Forums

Attached: file.png (955x637, 406K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/RollerMouse-Red-Ultimate-Ergonomic-Mouse/dp/B00DE83RSC/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

they're great for relieving hand cramps due to constant mousing. I've started doing regular desktop tasks with one and only using my gaming mouse for games. my hands haven't felt this good in a long time. Also, if you get one like a Kensington, you can reprogram all the buttons and still get a decent scroll. I find the CST to be vastly overpriced despite having the sweet spot for DPI.

I have a love/hate relationship with trackball mice because they all seem to suffer from some kind of fundamental flaw that keeps me from using them.
>Kensington Orbit: no middle click and fuck your "software solutions"
>Sanwa MA-TB39BK: No DPI setting
>Elecom: Too small
>Elecom Huge: Too big
The real bitter pill to swallow is you don't know how they'll feel until you try them. If you get the wrong one, you won't use it. Period. I've spent more on trackballs than I have on monitors looking for the one that sits on my desk more than a week.

They’re Fucking baller. Even more so if you have a QMK programmable keyboard and know how to rice with xinput.

>literally has a red pill in the middle of it

I have tried Elecom Huge and Kensington Expert

The Huge may look big, but is still designed for small hands.
Had to send it back to Japan because I got cramps when I wanted to reach all buttons. Also, their driver wouldn't even install on Windows.

The Kensington one is pretty nice except for the software. Seriously, on Windows this is such a piece of shit.
Lucky for me, on Linux you can set it up perfectly without additional software or interfering with other mice you might have.

A trackball isn't a cure-all issues pointing device, it's pretty much just for wrist or (lack of) space problems. They're great at fixing those though.

Stuff like vertical mice and the roller shit help with other kinds of health issues.

>If you get the wrong one, you won't use it. Period.

Fucking this. I've been using the same Logitech Trackman Vista for almost 20 years now, and the only downside to it is the mechanical action. Being that it uses rollers, they get gummed up very easily, meaning you have to clean the mouse every 2-3 days, lest you wish to have the mouse stick every 5 seconds.

I bought an Elecom huge in hopes of having a newer, fresher trackball to use, but most importantly of all have one that wasn't mechanical. It worked like a dream, but after just 2 hours of using it I had intense wrist pain. So, I used it for less than a week, and promptly put it back in the box, having never used it again.

I did my research when I bought the huge, comparing it to the Vista and finding the dimensions nearly identical. I am assuming the problem lies in its comfort grip, which has the base of your wrist resting ON the mouse, and not the desk itself. The Elecom Deft pro seems more like what I am looking for, but now I'm a little wary to shell out 80 dollars for it, knowing there is a chance I may get fucked over like I did with the Huge.

that is one massive keyboard clit!

Trackman marble user here, but I'm a cheapass and bought the newest model since I'm not shelling out 150+ for an Fx no matter how comfy people say it is. I haven't had any complaints after I changed the layout of it a little bit.

>taking your hands off the keyboard
>to roll a ball beside the numpad
>take fingers off the ball to click
>why my wrists hurt better buy more balls
>100 shekels
>does this ball work with linux
>claims to be ergonomic despite being blatantly ambidextrous

Attached: trackpoint.jpg (800x532, 55K)

Your wrist will thank you. That being said, you’ll either love it or hate it. I’ve been using a CST for 5 years and a Kensington expert mouse for about 5 years before that. Also, I’ve had a couple thumb balls at work. The CST is the best one, the large ball and DPI settings make for a very accurate pointing device.

>What is trackman marble with a ps2 adaptor
>works with linux
>ambidextrous
>like 20 shekels
Also enjoy getting an RSI from your keyboard.

+1 for the Kensington Slimblade. Comfiest peripheral I've ever used.
Sometimes it stops tracking movement in one direction, because of dust accumulating over timd, but is luckily easy to fix.

I have a habit of taking out the ball and playing with it while I think. That's probably my most used feature.

I find the ability to be able to move the cursor without needing a wide, flat surface to be quite convenient at times.

it's a redpill, that's the true redpill here

That's Bulletball!

Logitech Trackman Marble Mouse user since their plastic was beige. I put one on each side of my keyboards. No RSI, much comfort. I have eight at the moment and buy spares in advance.

My keyboards are heresy here. I have four beige MSFT Naturals from 1999. If Windows software were designed by MSFT hardware designers it wouldn't suck.

They're wonderful

I have an Elecom. It's great, done wonders for my carpal tunnel, can't recommend enough. Using regular mice is super weird now by comparison.

Attached: 1520540300678.jpg (512x288, 21K)

>not using a unicomp space saving trackball

Attached: overhead-classic-101-trackball-w-t_2_800x380.jpg (800x380, 184K)

>Also enjoy getting an RSI from your keyboard.
Ah yes, because you totally need a keyboard that looks like this and has rearview mirrors or you'll end up with wrist cancer by 30.

Attached: 161402-safetype_final_original.jpg (575x400, 118K)

>not having the ball in a more convenient position

Attached: 20181102_225250.jpg (1329x559, 536K)

>not having that in addition to a big trackball

I work in IT and my Kensington orbit saves me a ton of wrist pain. It along with my Ajazz ak33 with blues annoy my coworkers when they want to show me something on my machine though.

Attached: 1484749751289.gif (320x242, 491K)

Is the scrolling thingy comfortable in this trackball? It looks like it will be too far from the fingers

I have pic related and I love it, perfect size and shape.
It's great for general tasks and work and the only time I ever had a problem was playing Unreal Tournament with it giving me a thumb cramp.

Attached: microsoft-trackball-optical-featured.jpg (792x570, 89K)

Pretty good for general use, terrible for precise movements in games/Photoshop.

Wouldn't that be annoying because you over work the thumb, but ones like this having better ergonomics because you can use multiple fingers.

You don't really need to use that much force for normal use, It was only ever an issue if I'm swinging it all over the place like in a twitch shooter.
Also I'm much more precise with it then a trackball with a top facing ball.

Holy fuck those mirrors

Here's your ultimate redpill
amazon.com/RollerMouse-Red-Ultimate-Ergonomic-Mouse/dp/B00DE83RSC/

>states product name very clearly
>starts by saying downside that actually has very little bearing, giving the appearance of a geniune reviewer. however, this downside is quite insignificant
>starts off by praising competition, but then unredeemably shits upon it
>reiterates product name and price tag, having given nothing but pros for it and few consequential cons

I swear, browsing this fucking shill-infested Jow Forums of 2018 is giving me schizophrenia.

I converted to trackballs 15 years ago. I've only owned 2(still working and in use on my primary systems); both Kensington Experts.

First game I ever played was UT2004. Surprisingly, after about 2 days I was more solid with it than a mouse. I especially notice the precision when it comes to sniper-style weapons in FPS.

Attached: expert.jpg (239x211, 5K)

I'll throw a few cons at it too.

The wrist pad will split after a few years (depending how sweaty you are). I could have probably prevented this with some cleaning agent. Will take note when I pick up another one.

You will have to pull the ball every day or so & give a heavy blow & a wipe to clean the dust out. Takes about 5-10 seconds really. Doesn't need much.

Friends coming over trying to use your computer will piss you off after a while when they can't figure out that you click with your thumb, not index.

what in the actual fuck is that? Is that an AT101 with a trackball module?

What the actual fuck is that lmao