Software Engineer wages

How do you compare to these software engineers?

levels.fyi/comp.html

Attached: 300k.jpg (640x427, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/s/powertrip/i-know-the-salaries-of-thousands-of-tech-employees-4841bc26d753
insights.stackoverflow.com/survey/2018/#top-paying-technologies
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Poorly. I'm from Finland and we have some of the most depressed STEM degree tier wages in the world. I'd get double wage by migrating to Germany or same wage but half taxes migrating to Estonia.

Attached: 1540238428558.png (272x199, 46K)

How do I quickly migrate to the US?

Attached: 03d.jpg (680x1102, 82K)

Get on the H1B train like all the pajeets do

How long will these salaries last? It seems like a bubble.

As a guy finishing up school for CS and looking for work, is it worth moving across the country for California salaries, or will the meme startup jobs disappear soon?

Don't ask for stock then. It's the best gig you can find in America.

>finland
>low wages in anything
Kek

Attached: beee yourself.jpg (1024x576, 81K)

He's right though. The whole IT sector's wages have stagnated for years. The average software engineer in Finland makes ~5000-7000€ less per year than their Germany counterparts. On top of that, the cost of living is significantly higher in Finland.

>1 year experience
>make ~155k
Meh, I want to jump to Google or FB for the 200k+

Holy shit I feel underpaid... is 80k + 3k bonus bad for US? (Not California/New York)

3-4 years experience would that classify me as L3?

Also fortune 50 company (non-tech company)

>It seems like a bubble
Their companies make money hand over fist dude, in what way is it a bubble? Apple is fucking stingy as fuck, if they make that much pay your employees better. Can't believe software engineers fell for that bullshit and went to work for those scumbags

>those cherrypicked numbers
Go to Glassdoor if you want a more realistic estimate. Average wages aren't even half of what you see there.

Attached: 1454861825879.png (188x162, 52K)

I feel like the numbers are extremely inflated. US standard SE pay is like 60-100k (non commiefornia land) and experienced engineers make 100-120k. Anything over 120k is either mathematics related or management.

If you were at that level you'd be working for one of them. And Google's L4 or L5 is probably where most people would top out. L6 and L7 are staff engineers apparently, the equivalent of an architect or principle engineer. People who handle the design and management of core products.

The only way those numbers aren't inflated is if they are super senior positions in megacorps, which means there are only a dozen seats available on the entire planet.

Attached: 1429284779965.jpg (328x328, 50K)

I wasn't suggesting I was on that "level" although I'm sure there are a fair share of people who faked it until they made it for a job at Google. My question was is the current salary in question fair given the experience and location.

SV salary is way higher than rest of US outside of
some companies in seattle/new york.

I don't know about that. There does seem like there are a few people who claim that they are getting paid that much after university. Take for instance,
medium.com/s/powertrip/i-know-the-salaries-of-thousands-of-tech-employees-4841bc26d753

I'm on 100k, but I'm not in the US. The tax rate and cost of living in California don't really make it worth moving for, especially as I'd need to ask for so much more to offset all that.

As a Computer Engineering grad from GATECH I've been offered as a entry level 83k base + 5-12% bonus EOY, and 77k + 6k relocation + profit sharing

near impossible unless your family is rich.

>not trying to pay your employees as little as possible and effectively trying to pay them $0 for 100% efficiency

wtf i wanna get paid 100k to sit in front of my computer all day. whats the best language to learn first? python?

jeez i’m in socal and make 21.50
an hour as an intern, which is like 45k a year, and im pretty sure the full time version of my job only makes like 65k-70kish starting out. i’m getting meme’d.

In ATL? Seems like you could do better, maybe CE market is worse than CS.

>Glassdoor
Those are just salaries. There are also bonuses and stock option.

Python is a decent language to learn and there's a lot of demand for it.

If your interest is in money, see insights.stackoverflow.com/survey/2018/#top-paying-technologies

>That article

Do you think it could be a good idea to move to Germany and work there if I already speak a fair bit of German?

I'm making $105K/yr at 28, but I don't live in Silicon Valley or NYC, so that's bretty gud.