*Violently Destroys KDE*

>*Violently Destroys KDE*
>theregister.co.uk/2018/11/02/rhel_deprecates_kde/
kdefags will ever recover?

Attached: 1200px-IBM_logo.svg.png (1200x480, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

redhat.com/en/success-stories
youtu.be/xFZazwvYc5o?t=139
youtube.com/watch?v=GWQh_DmDLKQ&t=35s
youtube.com/watch?v=6n3pFFPSlW4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Meanwhile, everyone sane had already deprecated RHEL ages ago.

Just build from source. Fucking retards.

>RHEL owns Fedora
>RHEL hate KDE
>Fedora has shipped with Wayland for a while now
it all makes sense

BASED IBM
I'd forgotten how much Big Boob could kill with a flick of their wrist.

Based and redpilled, I too had forgotten how ruthless they could be.

Oh no! The 5 people who use RHEL as a dektop instead of a server might actually be affected!

Attached: cat2.jpg (572x621, 104K)

no trolling serious question, who uses RedHat no no like serious who the fuck uses that shit? who!

One of those 5 people here. RHEL 7's C++ support is too dated to have a modern KDE anyhow. We're stuck on 4.11 or something old and terrible. I could see why RH wants to deprecate it.

One more reason to switch to OpenSUSE I guess

Companies that actually make money redhat.com/en/success-stories

OpenPEPE*

Most of those are for RHEL servers.

You didn't say for desktop. But the reason KDE stayed around for so long is some company was actually giving Red Hat a SHIT TON of money to keep it supported, I guess that ended.

For ones that are using it as a desktop you would want to look in the 3D art world, where maya and other software like that is popular.

GOOD. KDE is an unstable mess and distros should abandon it ASAP

Found a video with timestamp, Pixar 3D artist
youtu.be/xFZazwvYc5o?t=139

>But the reason KDE stayed around for so long is some company was actually giving Red Hat a SHIT TON of money to keep it supported

Makes sense. It's really the right move for RHEL to standardize their DE selection for support.

nice 2010 may may

Now if they would only drop gnome classic and ship a proper gnome desktop or just drop gnome and swap to cinnamon or something else.

you are delirious if you unironically think that gnome is not the best DE

Attached: foot.jpg (2000x2000, 239K)

You don't want to know how many incompetent sysadmins remote desktop into RHEL because cli is 'hard' and 'they don't know it'.

>drop gnome classic and ship a proper gnome desktop

I think shipping GNOME is causing them to also ship GNOME-Classic which needs to die

Good first step, now they need to drop Gnome as well and make XFCE the default

Only two things I like about kde, konsole and kate. Both easily replaced.

If dubs OS/2 will come back but will be unix based. Bonus: it will ship with every new thinkpad.

>OS/2 will come back but be unix based
How would it be OS/2 then?

>you are delirious if you unironically think that sjwnome is not the best DE
Ftfy

Gnome is the biggest barrier to linux desktop adoption

I don't know how it ends up as the default everywhere

Serves them right for the continuous feature regressions.
I remember installing kubuntu a year or so ago and discovering that you can no longer set the power button to power off the PC because it's "unsafe behavior". How the fuck is this allowed?

>Gnome is the biggest barrier to linux desktop adoption
I unironically believe this is true. Imagine coming from Windows, one of the most fully featured desktop experiences and getting served this toddler DE with a feature set on par with phones. Most people will go right back.

Worse than phones actually, at least I have picture previews in file picker on Android, hell it even lets you use other apps to pick files, something even Windows doesn't readily provide.

oh wow, the distro that didn't bother updating its KDE 4 (!) packages ever since they first released them is now deprecating their outdated KDE packages
how will KDE recover indeed

Attached: 1484958943821.png (388x402, 57K)

Attached: .png (499x755, 282K)

What did it say before?

It's a saying. "First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win".

"Then you win"
It's a Gandhi quote freetards have been masturbating to for ages

> freetards
RH Pajeets.

>KDE is buggy
>XFCE will never compete in terms of feature
>GNOME has all the features but is unusable
that feel when no unity

>>KDE is buggy
1 shekel has been deposited to your account

Based IBM

try everybody, even a certain orange world leader.
and of course, like most meme quotes, the supposed source never fucking said it. but hey, a noble meme embigins meme loving fucks

Oh no it's this garbage thread once again.
1. They're only stopping with Plasma on RHEL.
2. Fedora will still have a Plasma spin.

And even if they decided to fubar it on Fedora, there'l literally be a kickstart or a repository for that.

>*Violently Destroys KDE*
And absolutely nothing of value was lost.

>hardly anyone runs RHEL + KDE desktop combination
>gets phased out of RHEL
wew, is this the power of big bad IBM?

hello from Brno
or did you just snatch the pic from the internet like 99% of other fags?

it was at one point, but over the past decade or so it's gone down the shitter completely

What's up with Jow Forums blowing stuff out of proportions?

KDE isn't BTFO by the simple fact that it's not turning into an iOS/Fisher Price clone with XBOX HUEG DPI scaling.
Gnome and GTK stopped being good the exact moment Gnome3 was released.
On another note, perhaps an /sqt/ question, but what's the difference between X and Wayland? I know the whole "X is insecure" thing, but what's the actual difference?

>RHEL decides to not go forward supporting a technology preview offering to enterprise customers who pay for "rock solid stability and support" EL

wow op, so fucking what? EL decided against supporting a lot of things. Hell that's why EPEL is a thing. you fucking absolute FUCKING RETARD

fuck off with this FUD bullshit.

>Gnome and GTK stopped being good the exact moment Gnome3 was released

have you even used gnome 2 retard? why don't you go back to that or use mate and then come back to me.

based IBM

Still much more usable and functional than Gnome3. Mate and Gnome2 might be more fragmented, visually and conceptually (like, terminology and vocabulary and whatnot), but they're much more conducive to getting work done.

literally how? it's complete garbage to not only develop, but to use.

Checked.
>complete garbage to not only develop
I can't refute, I have no idea how to maintain a desktop environment. I break my Arch KDE setup every time I pacman -Syu
>but to use
>I had a hard time using it, that must mean every one else did too!
The simple fact that Mate rose up as a Gnome2 clone and is reasonably popular suggests that there's a clear demand for it over Gnome3.

What likely happened: MS would sue them if they shipped something that looks too similar to winshit

Attached: Screenshot-2018-3-23 Did the GNOME 3 developers violate design principles .png (928x1154, 382K)

>kde
>single click opens folder
thx based red hat for dropping this piece of shit

I wish IBM made normal UI for GNU/Linux that will be standard.

>I don't know how to change settings

Gnome: must double click, can't change it
KDE: lets you switch between double and single click

At least SUSE comes with KDE. Now I know which distro with support I should get for my tiny business.

IBM cannot into UI.

Attached: file.png (640x480, 77K)

I like how they quote two whole paragraphs that say literally nothing but absolute bullshit with no examples or even facts.

most people have baby duck syndrome and don't understand any of the underlying technologies of gnome.

This looks good.

The usability was garbage. Pic related for example, there are tons of random tabs and each one has multiple hidden pages. And sadly that's how the whole OS was: full of gimmicks that barely worked

Attached: file.png (640x480, 88K)

I have learnt not to question IBM and their tremendous power.

IBM works in mysterious ways.

This has nothing to do with IBM

KDE has been on life support for a while now

BAD. GNOME is an unstable mess and distros should abandon it ASAP

>what's the difference between X and Wayland? I know the whole "X is insecure" thing, but what's the actual difference?
X11 is meant to be a window server and drawing protocol (draw rectangle here, text here, ext.)
THATS what was network transparent.
But over time it's just devolved into a clunky system for copying framebuffers between clients and the compositor

The idea was:
X server (GUI terminal) X client (running on Mainframe)

As you can tell, this dates back to a time where your GUI was just a simple front end for all the intense computation happening on the mainframe.

Also when X11 was made, shared libraries were borked, so it also worked to save RAM; since having all your drawing code on the X server kept it from being duplicated in each application.

But don't take my word for it, here's one of the X devs:
youtube.com/watch?v=GWQh_DmDLKQ&t=35s

wtf I love feet now

>javascript DE
>best

Citation needed.

>>>OS/2 will come back but be unix based
The next generation of OS. OS/3

"Unix OS/2" would just be AIX.

youtube.com/watch?v=6n3pFFPSlW4

Do they really need to remind employees that redhat is a great place to work?

>implying I was suggesting the smelly foot

nice 2018 FUD