Laptop falls off couch

>laptop falls off couch
>end of headphones snaps off in the jack
>use end of cotton swap with tip snipped off + krazy glue
>not strong enough, have to get gorilla glue
>fastens, seals well, pull very hard until the tip comes back out without the plug
Am I fucked, guys? It's very firmly stuck in there for some reason, even after using acetone to clear out the glue. I've been using a DAC for audio in the meantime, but due to high latency when it comes to recording music, I really have to get the on-board audio available for use again. Needle nose pliers are an obvious no-go as the opening is thin as a pin-prick, and using the bic-straw to pull it out didn't work either. If it truly is gone then, should I make plans on getting a new laptop? I'd rather not, but I can spare $200 since this thing is getting old regardless.

Attached: 20181102_204137.jpg (5312x2988, 2.31M)

Other urls found in this thread:

ifixit.com/Store/Tools/GripStick-Headphone-Plug-Extraction-Tool/IF145-333
amazon.com/dp/B01DP5JHHI/ref=psdc_13880161_t4_B00LP3AMC2
twitter.com/AnonBabble

connector is probably fucked unless you can into motherboard repair, but don't fret, just buy a usb sound card

just solder some wire to it and let it harden. then pull it out

Use superglue to glue something like a fuck8ng fork to it and pull. How i this hard?

Will that allow me to use the ASIO driver?
I've never soldered before, could a beginner do it?
That doesn't make any sense.

just grab a rare earth magnet, that'll pull it right out

i got a usb sound card and it shows up in ASIO no problem, even makes itself primary

Well, I suppose I'll do that then. What sound cards are recommended these days?

samefag but soldering is pretty easy. in your case it's a matter of patience and precision, not difficulty.

Use a fucking pinvice.
God damn, user, how many times do we have to tell you?

>be apple
>remove headphone jacks
>this never happens again
Genius

Forgive me if this is retarded, but you're saying to drill into it, right?

Effectively, yes.

ifixit.com/Store/Tools/GripStick-Headphone-Plug-Extraction-Tool/IF145-333

what I use and have had the best luck with as a repair tech who sees this often

Attached: gripstick.jpg (600x600, 32K)

What's the success rate?

Depends on your budget and needs. Focusrite, Fluid, Presonus, Audient all make good stuff for not too expensive.

Everybody in this thread is a fag, just take about the PC and fix it fag

I played around with the buffer size a bit and it turns out I actually can have low latency with the DAC by lowering the buffer size, bringing it down to 23ms even with guitar effects, and my PC's doing fine. I wasn't planning on buying anything until I'd crossed off all other possibilities, but I really didn't think it to be that easy. Oh well, thread over. I do think your replies will help in the future though once this happens again.

Didn't we just have this thread

I dunno, don't we have GNU/Linux vs. Windows threads every day? iPhone vs. Android? I don't see why you're complaining, we can have a thread more than once.

1) thinnest screw you have
2) screw it in slowly by hand
3) pull it out
Come on dude.

>$24.99

Attached: behindthispost.gif (300x169, 501K)

Buy a new sound jack off ebay, it's like $5. Desolder the one from the motherboard and solder the new one in, done deal

30%

>>I've never soldered before, could a beginner do it?
>soldering is pretty easy
>precision
a beginner has 0 hope of being precise.

only if they're severely retarded and/or have parkinsons

>2) screw it in slowly by hand
um, hate to break it to you, but the headphone jack is gonna rotate on him. come on dude.

A dedicated repairman will charge OP $30 and he already got his money's worth for that tool.

yeah, i want to see the beginner who has no problem getting *4* things lined up just right and the solder applied perfectly on his first attempt.

i think you're underestimating the average Jow Forums poster, user

i could be, for sure. i mainly don't want him to think it's going to be easy-peasy and then he fucks his shit up. he only gets one shot at it to get it right.

>acetone
>on a plastic socket
You dun goofed OP, you've likely melted the internals of the socket and sealed the remains of the jack in for good. Your options are to buy a new jack and replace it completely, or use an external DAC.

Attached: dissolving-camera-acetone-fumes.jpg (640x419, 58K)

My toughts user

How many identical threads can you make? Just open the chassis and then push it out from inside

Why do you retards always jump to retarded DIY solutions instead of paying a repairman $10?

as opposed to what, the price of a soundcard?

Ignore any and all "Dude DIY lmao" posts on the internet, they're lies written by obsessed autists.

>Why do retards act retarded
gee i dunno

I'm not, I'm confidently more qualified in hardware and software than most posters here.

>I'm not, I'm a posterchild for the dunning-kruger effect

Literally did low level hardware repair, embedded programming, and now linux administration

>i soldered once, i know everything there is to know about it

>be apple
>drop laptop, screen smashes
>not allowed to repair manually
>apple store demands $600 for repairs that would've cost $50 at most

This. You can even see that the outer face of the jack has rounded off and is off center due to the melting. OP is already kill.

Do you wretched subhumans not have a pair of pliers in your homes or what.

This but unironically. I know the publicly released NASA soldering specs by heart.

either open the laptop and see how it looks from inside or just grab some bluetooth headphones and be done with it

this will net you better sound quality anyway
amazon.com/dp/B01DP5JHHI/ref=psdc_13880161_t4_B00LP3AMC2