>latest
brainlet ipoojeet applel shill toddlerbabby detected

scamcuck seething

I fucking hate poor people so much.

I get free phones from my employer lol.

>filename
>unironically downloading images from knowyourmeme
kys yourself poojeet
I know it's hard buying a decent phone when making $100 per month, but not everybody lives in a shithole like yours

Attached: india.jpg (840x630, 157K)

A $800 or so phone every two years doesn't impact my bugdet in any meaningful way
Why shouldn't i buy I?

I don't know about 150$, but anything over 200$ is certainly retarded for a new phone nowadays.

Because it's insane to spend so much on a phone when a 200$ phone will be just as good, if not better these days. Also, you wouldn't just throw 800$ into the trash every two years even if it didn't impact your budget, because it's fucking stupid to do that.

>a $200 phone is as good as a $800 phone

Attached: 1538861561308.png (842x792, 82K)

My phone was $225.

Attached: 1510383318963.gif (728x720, 550K)

> buying a phone every two years just because.

Attached: images.jpg (275x183, 9K)

For real.

It provides a superior experience
Could i get by with a cheaper one?
Obviously, just like i did in early 2000s, but there's always a time in people's lives when they start wanting a premium product, just like you wouldn't see anyone who's doing well in a 1995 shitbox of a car

You're a victim of marketing. I bet you also buy Apple because of the "user experience" or the "Apple ecosystem" or something.
Premium phones are become shittier and shittier lately. They have gimmicky displays with notches or ones that wrap around the sides of the phone or are rounded around the edges, they don't have SD card slots, headphone jacks, no removable battery, etc.
It's really better to buy a 200-300 dollar phone these days, and not even because of the price.

A higher resolution means fitting more text into the screen. Show me a phone under $200 that has a QHD display.

Lmao, to utilize that resolution you would have to have text on your screen that is too small to read with your eyes.

I paid like $750 for my S7. I recently researched the best cheap phones and got my friend a $150 one, and I'm constantly jealous of how close to my S7 it is overall. I'd much rather have spent only $150 on my phone. I don't game or anything, just use lots of basic apps, and really, you don't need to spend more than $150 for that.

Attached: AbeOik6.jpg (480x270, 14K)

Ok OP, show me this 150$ phone i should be buying?

>Apple
The only apple device i ever used was a company provided iphone 8, so no
Premium phones are the same they've been in the past years - latest SoC combined with cutting edge camera, storage and materials.
>they don't have SD card slots
Not an issue for me, as i don't hoard that much data, so built in 256gb suits me just fine
>no removable battery
Two days of moderatly heavy usage are enough for me. The battery never runs out in the middle of the day for me and i just pop in the charger at night anyway
If i needed more, i'd obviously be looking at a different device - but i just don't
>no headphone jacks
mine does have it, but it's not a deal breaker for me

> I take photos with a 1MP camera
> I view them on a 1024x768 display

Fucking this, 2/10 for making me reply

I never said that.
nice blog/cope

I'm not sure it's a cope if you're the one being mad about someone's phone choices

>paying for your phone
>not stealing your phone
LMAOing@yourlife

>phone means smartphone now

Attached: 3345634gf34g34g.jpg (588x823, 81K)

> ITT; a poorfag pajeet baits Jow Forums
Sage grows in every field.

Attached: sdfrdas.jpg (900x600, 47K)

>using a Jow Forumstard meme instead of constanza

Attached: Know Your Meme Constanza.jpg (200x200, 8K)

It sounds like you're arguing from a position of insecurity about your own poorness tbqh.

Works for me bro.

Attached: 99ee5707225835c720a639184ac39849.jpg (510x370, 32K)

>You're a victim of marketing
Whatever makes you sleep at night, sweaty.

Yes, without any irony.

It kinda does you mong.
For a lot of people their smartphone has become the primary phone they use.
And even if it didn't the primary premises of this thread still applies.
I swear this was a cause for an argument with my literal Boomer mom a while back.

This, "premium" phones are just using gimmicks to increase price, while actually missing features.
My 180$ phone has an SD card slot and a headphone jack, many 1000$+ phones don't.
Why should I spend more money for an inferior product? It's a lose-lose situation.

>just like you wouldn't see anyone who's doing well in a 1995 shitbox of a car
But I do. Stop assuming, buypig.

>Car means gas powered horseless carriage now

i have a moto x play that i bought in 2016
its working fine running rr wth coffee kernel
honestly if u dont flash ur phone its prone to work like shit

point is, "premium" phones come in 128/256/512gb versions nowadays, so an SD slot isn't mandatory

Only poorfags feel the need to waste so much money on expensive toys to show off.

that's pretty embarassing. You drive a half-rusted civic to business meetings?

Why do poorfags fixate so much on the sd card reader and phone jack? Oh, that's right. Because they can't afford features like a good camera, display, ram, cpu, or internal sotrage.

urlcut.ru/LOL

Attached: ergtbynhu.jpg (1800x1440, 1.56M)

>$800-$1000 every two years or so
>much money
???

Bingo. This is why every successful business owner uses a xiaomi, drives a beat up honda civic and just wears some old ragged jeans.

It's cleaner, better maintained, and looks better than many cars I see nowadays. Why should I feel embarrassed about it?

All of those things are nice to have but you can live without. They're qualitative improvements, not quantitative ones.

hi KGB

>poorfags
I make more than you, and cheap phones now have them as well.
We focus on those features specifically because they are so basic that it's amazing that the public accepted their omission. Normalfags are literal NPCs.

My father unironically does this. I think his civic is mid-late 80s. He has more money than I'd earn in a lifetime.

smartphone is a computer that occasionally functions as a phone, it's not a phone. my PC is not a phone although it can function as one
It has always meant this, come up with a less dumb analogy

>a phone that has a microprocessor and uses electricity isn't a phone, unlike a an actual spin-dial phone
do you even realise how riddiculous you sound?

>I make more than you
If you're gonna make a claim like that you better prove it fag

Whether you like to admit it or not, many rich people, the ones who have lots of money but are smart enough to keep quiet about it, don't buy expensive stuff if cheaper stuff gets the job done.
As for "successful business owners", some guy of big nosed descent who owns a large social network wears t-shirts all the time, and some other faggot who abandoned his daughter, but named a computer after her did wear old ragged jeans and turtlenecks all the time.

it has a full fledged computer OS with gui

but it already cost 150

>cheap phones now have them as well
See Show me a phone under $300 that has a QHD display. Show me a phone that will do as well in low light conditions as a high end Samsung.
And there's plenty of expensive phones with headphone jack and sd card.

Actual rich people know that a penny saved is a penny earned.

so do cars, fridges and watches nowadays, but does that change them into computers?

No, rich people would buy the phone because it's cheap to them, stop trying to rationalize the fact you have no money.

there's a limit to penny pinching, you could argue that living furniture-less and sleeping in an unheated 1-room apartment is the best way to go since it saves you more money, but in reality it obviously isn't

>Show me a phone under $300 that has a QHD display.
Gimmick that makes zero sense on a display as small as a phone's. Hell, I think even 1080p is too much. It's an unnecessary waste of battery, and thus, a disadvantage.
Something that is actually useful for a phone are 18:9 displays: more vertical space means less scrolling, and cheap phones have them as well.
>Show me a phone that will do as well in low light conditions as a high end Samsung.
Literally any phone.
>And there's plenty of expensive phones with headphone jack and sd card.
The fact that we now need to point it out shows how fucked this industry is.

their functionalities are not comparable
do you buy a car just because you like its onboard computer?

We aren't talking Saudi Prince leves of expensive shit. Just high end consumer items.
And those are the exceptions that prove the rule. Jobs was well known for wearing shitty clothes, and Zuck for being a "fratty" young entrepreneur. Both dressed to impress their target demographic as necessary.
And STILL no example of a rich person being seen using a Xiaomi. I wonder why that is? Oh, that's right. Because they realize a mid or high end phone works better than some 150 dollar chink shit.

you're moving your point so much i don't even know where to begin
let me ask you, when do you think phones stopped being phones?
Symbian era?
S40/S60 era?
all of those could run applications, effectively making them underpowered computers

Rich people think in the long term, and the fact that you're unable to understand this shows that you lack the mentality to actually be rich, that's why you'll never be. Nothing is "cheap" to anyone ever. 1000$ is 1000$. Only retards spend money just because they can, stop trying to rationalize the fact that you're brainwashed by marketing.
It's a matter of diminishing returns. Of course I'm not saying you should live like that if you can afford better, but at the same time, on the other extreme, buying five massive villas you never even visit just because you have the money is retarded.
As long as you're comfortable with something, there is no reason to spend more.

What do people use their phones for? I've always used cheap phones, and most of what i see people do is browse the news and go on facebook/instagram/twitter/etc and maybe take the occasional selfie. Why do you need a quad core processor for this? My friend the other day had an extremely powerful phone (iphone 8) with more power than my laptop, yet couldn't uncompress a zip flie. Genuinely curious as to why people want these specs in a phone.

>buying five massive villas you never even visit just because you have the money is retarded
look, i don't think that's comparable to buying a higher end phone

>Gimmick that makes zero sense on a display as small as a phone's.
Ah, so you admit there's a different in the technologies and materials. Well done.
Whether you need to classify it as a gimmick so you feel better about you being poor is irrelevant.
>Hell, I think even 1080p is too much. It's an unnecessary waste of battery
The overhead is minimal.

>nuh it's not tinsel and winks them's've sum ackshully useful features like uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh fucking uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

>And STILL no example of a rich person being seen using a Xiaomi. I wonder why that is? Oh, that's right. Because they realize a mid or high end phone works better than some 150 dollar chink shit.
>hurr durr no example
I think you're confusing "rich" and "famous". FAMOUS people of course are going to be seen using expensive products all the time, since they're mostly paid to endorse and advertise them. If you're dishonestly moving the goalposts and looking for examples among those, then of course I can't find any.
But if we are talking about rich, but not necessarily famous people, well, I see many using low-end phones every day.

>waste of battery
every single test proves that the amount of power needed to drive 1440p display compared to 1080p is at most, 2%
that's 2% more power used by the display, not the whole phone - meaning it's literally negligible

>Rich people think in the long term, and the fact that you're unable to understand this shows that you lack the mentality to actually be rich, that's why you'll never be. Nothing is "cheap" to anyone ever. 1000$ is 1000$. Only retards spend money just because they can, stop trying to rationalize the fact that you're brainwashed by marketing.
I guess that's why rich people buy or rent yachts, mercedes benz cars, rolex watches and penthouses? Or are they poorfags too according to you? Come on dude, get real.

In the same way a 1-room apartment isn't the same as a cheap phone. You started this retarded analogy, now eat it.

>with more power than my laptop
unless you laptop is from 2003, no. Geekbench isnt a real measure of performance and there's no ARM chip that's comparable to x86.

What a smartphone actually is would be relevant if we where talking about exact classification rather than actual language usage.

Car is an abrrivation of carriage wich stems from horseless carriage wich is what cars used to be called before they surplanted drawn carriages as the type of carriage you would be talking about most of the time just like the smart part is being dropped from phone on general language use because smartphones are surplantig normal phones not only in how often you use them but in how often you talk about them

I have to go now I left my electric stove on.

Are you ok dude?

Nice non verifiable anecdotal info you've got there.
Past a certain point everybody who is rich enough is also famous to some extent, want it or not.

says the person who brought "rich people" into an argument over a $1000 device

im tempted to buy a phone for €700 because the money just really doesnt matter to me.

>you can't compare performance between different archs
Yes you can, retard.

You're absolutely retarded, I am already rich.

Many unironically do most of those (in particular, expensive cars) by going in debt to afford them, and that's literally poorfag tier.
I don't know anyone with a yacht or a penthouse personally, but I once met some dude who unironically blasted his entire savings on a rolex, and two more who did something similar with a Mercedes and a Porsche.
Just because you see someone owning something expensive doesn't mean he actually has money.

Don't put words in my mouth. You can compare them, it's just that in real life ARM is much slower.

he literally didn't say that and you're putting words in his mouth
learn to read, imbecile

Considering you're all obsessing over "muh poorfags", that's quite intellectually dishonest of you. Don't dish it if you can't take it.

>Considering you're all obsessing over "muh poorfags"
if saying that i can buy a device because i can afford it without it impacting my budget in any way is "obsessing over poorfags", then i'm guilty as charged

>Nice non verifiable anecdotal info you've got there.
Past a certain point everybody who is rich enough is also famous to some extent, want it or not.
Objectively false. You live in a bubble.

>being poor

I love these C O P E threads from poorfags.

If that wasn't what he was implying, then he's still retarded, because a modern phone CPU is obviously faster than say a 386 CPU.
>there's no ARM chip that's comparable to x86

Because you hang around with poor people like yourself.
The point of being rich is being able to sink much capital into the "WANT" and not the "NEED" without getting poor.
It's all so obvious now, you're just a poorfag living amongst poorfags thinking being rich is calculating each purchase as if your life depends on it.

>buzzwords
Ask me how I know you're just coping and calling others out at this point.

you're special kind of retarded, aren't you?
it's kind of obvious that when you compare processors you compare things that are at least SOMEWHAT of the same era, just like you don't compare modern cars to a fucking Model T from 1910

All you gotta do is find who's the owner of large companies throughout history, and trace their family history forwards. People can and do write about them.

You're arguing semantics. This is completely besides the point.

He didn't add any qualifiers to his statement.
And besides, the claim he was disputing was between a laptop from 2003 and a phone from 2018, so no, you are the retard my friend.

nokia 1100 represent!

>that's 2% more power used by the display, not the whole phone - meaning it's literally negligible

my laptop is a x200, the new iphones seem to be very powerful. Again tho, it's a phone tho. Most of the performance problems of today seem to be software ones anyways imo.