Linux is very bad

The absolute state of Linux....

The operating system has been installed all of 25 minutes, nothing is even installed, doing its own system updates...

INTERNAL ERROR

...2019.....year of the linux desktop?? guys??

How are you all so deluded? This is trash.

Attached: linuxlol.jpg (1464x904, 125K)

Over time you'll realize making these kind of threads is bad for your health
Just let them be and hope they don't indoctrinate someone in your family

>Linux is bad
>Ubuntu isn't
Retard

>All these pink colors
Why Linux looks so gay and cringy?

Want to install software

Windows route:
>Download a setup file (or get a media containing it), install. Done.

Linux route:
>Dude you need to add that repo LMAO
>Oi it is 404 and defunct ages ago cuz the software is old and not maintained
>Build it from source like a Linux power user LMAO
>GCC spews a stream of errors cuz the software is old and library versions are not compatible

actually Linux looks like this:
10010101010011110001101001010100010101001001011100010110100000001101111101010110111110000110011100001111100010101011110000001111101010101110110010010101110101000011 etc.

Attached: linus.jpg (416x234, 13K)

why did you cross out your user name in two places? seriously, manol, stick to windows.

Install gentoo

kek

Intall Arch

>thinks loonix is bad
>never tried freebsd

I guess silently eating errors is a much better alternative.

But hey, if the package manager's GU for ubuntu aborts when it's closing down and terminates abruptly instead of terminating normally, that must mean linux isn't ready for for the desktop!

Better babyspoon windows without a packagemanager which says something bad happened :(

Install Win7

>oogabuntu
let me guess, you didn't even read gnu/linux beginner guides and basic command explanations

Attached: giphy (3).gif (500x375, 790K)

>use bingo botnet : amazontu + gnome shit + nsa systemd/pulseaudio botnet
Are u fuckin retarded?

>if the package manager's GU for ubuntu aborts when it's closing down
Dude, that's not what SIGABRT means. Don't try to explain away an error when you barely understand what's going on in the screen.

>I guess silently eating errors is a much better alternative.
That's the worst part of ubuntu. Just acting like doing stuff and making no results.

>No centralized update mechanism
>Have to run millions of updaters to keep system secure
>not a systemic problem

actual windows route:
>download a setup file
>click install. computer suddenly reboots because of updates
>all of your data is gone
>click install again
>needs net framework $VERSION
>download net framework $VERSION
>install net framework $VERSION
>"for these changes to take affect the computer needs to be restarted".exe
>computers has rebooted, click install again
>needs MS visual basic $ANCIENT_VERSION
>download MS visual basic $ANCIENT_VERSION
>want to install MS visual basic $ANCIENT_VERSION
>"this program wants to make changes to your computer".exe
>"OK"
>"for these changes to take affect the computer needs to be restarted - yet again".exe
>computer reboots, click install again
>software installs Google Chrome alongside ask toolbar because you did not see the "customize" button
>software is installed
>start software
>"this is a trial version".exe

I totally agree. I was a total windows man until 50% of my games stopped working on win 10 because of net framework errors
I didn't give a shit about geek stuff in my life as long as my skyrim and valve games kept running smoothly

It is funny, eh? I am not even against windows. Just against anything after 7...

Thankfully, I also started using Linux 10 years ago. Now I am using it for 90% of my tasks. But if you are a gamer and you need Windows: What do you do other than using W10?

That stupid framework still haunts you when you try to play your games with wine

What you described looks extreme but mind that requires only several reboots (most of the time it is 0 reboots or 1 if the software indeed makes critical changes to the system) meanwhile on Linux you practically need to have extensive software development skills because no matter what the shills say these package managers simply do not work and even during very basic LAMP webserver setup (not even a production one) you are ~95% likely to face errors that cannot be fixed w/o at least basic software engineering knowledge. Not that it is unusable at all but comparing several reboots with fixing broken library dependencies or even advanced config editing is bullshit.

no, my games work fine on every os that can run them excepting win 10

>advanced config editing
is that what using vim instead of nano is called?

>very basic LAMP webserver setup
We're talking about shit like installing an audio-player here.

>work fine on every os that can run them
That doesn't really say anything. If they don't work fine the os can't run them, so this basically just says it works if it works.

No that is a situation where you're presented with several hundred options unique to the software so you have to read a book-sized manual in order to configure it.

If we're talking about that, the scenario is irrelevant cuz i) Windows already has an Audio player and ii) I cannot think of a player that requires rebooting your system to be installed. Try MPC-HC, the setup takes like 2 mins.

>Using Ubuntu as an example of why Linux is bad
Should have installed Debian retard, Ubuntu has been shit for about a decade
>You need software engineering experience to install LAMP
Editing configuration files does not require software engineering experience

>didn't see the customize button
>bitches about something happening due to user error
This is a really shit argument

>you need a book-sized manual to configure vim
>he's never heard of vim distrobutions

>not using 16.04 LTS
come at me bros

Attached: 1538397108536.jpg (393x421, 33K)

I have to at work and it's shit.

what I wrote was of course satire. so it is not really true, only to some extend.

if you use your pc for very basic tasks only (browsing, mail, video, music, writing a letter once in a while...) linux is perfectly fine (if someone who knows his shit makes your computer run in the first place). however, this applies to ANY computer and OS.

of course you should not be using linux if you have advanced needs but are unaware of how to do shit. but in that case you should also not use windows because you are going to fuck it up.

lets talkt about you wrote now: what you are claiming about linux is also only true to some extend

>no matter what the shills say these package managers simply do not work
in the most cases if the package manager "does not work" the user who says so simply lies.
in the second most cases if the package manager does not work this is indeed a user error because he fucked up in a certain way.

>very basic LAMP webserver setup
a LAMP setup is never very basic. the fact is that they need "advanced config editing". webservers are hard for a reason. if you think that web is easy then we have indeed found the problem which is your mindset.

if you do indeed need a "simple" webserver just run pythons simpleHTTP from any folder that you want to serve.

>you are ~95% likely to face errors that cannot be fixed w/o at least basic software engineering knowledge.
as I said: do not setup a webserver if you have no clue about software. also that percentage is a lie.

linux as a desktop is not perfect. but it is very usable. and as much as many people deny it: windows and mac are also not perfect.
personally, I think that linux needs to only have a small percentage of desktops. otherwise the idiot flood will paralyze it to death. today we have mostly people who can fix and work their shit which really sets linux (but also bsd) apart from mac and win

it was satire about the hidden drive-by-installations found in software on windows.

it is not a user error. it is fraud by whoever created the installer.

God you are a splooge ass if you think Windows is anything remotely this fucking difficult or hectic

Go back to preschool moron

ok

So you think that >Linux route
is true? If I am a splooge ass, what are you then?

btw, I use both, win (except anything after 7) and linux and I do know what kind of shit happens on which system.

linux user here, both debian and mint and I agree with . LTS 16.04 was shit.

It probably detected a faggot noob at the other end of the keyboard.
I use Ubuntu since several years, also Debian, OpenSuse, S.u.S.E., RedHat for more than 15 years now.
*Never* had random problems unless *I* messed with installing some external packages or fucked up configuration by manually editing files. Still all this was easily recoverable.

ok now i am angry
works on my machine

linux
>crashes
>doesnt turn off
>you can save your work

windows
>crashes

nothing personal kid

> messed with installing some external packages or fucked up configuration by manually editing files
linux fags think its completely normal to have to do this by hand and doing so without "fucking up" they feel superior over people who just click next and all done

>messed with installing some external packages
so unless you actually want to use your computer you should be fine

You are glowing.

installing external packages is still the norm on windows and manually editing files was the norm on windows back then. Surprisingly, people managed to do that even without the help of google.

>manol
LOL PAJEET BTFO

when I tried it in the beginning of the cyclus it felt unfinshed and unstable for some reason. mint just worked better. but I might switch back soon.

for the machines that need to run at every point in time I use debian, like every sane person who does not like redhat...

nope, you just have no clue.
external packages == software that only some people need for reasons that 99.9% of people do not. whoever needs that software needs to be able to set it up themselves.

for example: I recently needed to create IR files from vintage guitar speakers for a friend. some software in source form is available because the author created it for himself and his computer. it is only logical that he does not compile it for windows, mac or whatever linux that I am using and makes it available. so I have to compile it myself.

if you feel that you need to compile packages or install external software on a regular basis, I am sorry to tell you, but you are most likely a snob as nobody has to do this on a regular basis.

the big linux distribution include ALL the software that one needs.

another example:
ever heard of DICOM? ubuntu has packages to read even those files. came in really handy when another friend who is a physical therapist had problems opening image files from a doctor.

>I can't use tools and it's the tool's fault thread
Why don't you consider carpentry then, maybe they have more accessible tools

>OH NO NO NO I CAN'T SCAM PEOPOL ON LEENUX
cheers with your bait

Attached: 20181103051502_837x425_scrot_2.png (837x425, 109K)

imagine being this retarded

Stop pirating, CDs and Steam always install dependencies automatically.

Duh. It's always been this way, and always will - because it's easier to shout "windoze iz ebil" than fix it. Freetards are stupid and lazy.

>using ubuntu
lel
unlike wangballs you got to know what happened at least

Attached: dSpQKHZ.jpg (3264x2448, 1.79M)

The kernel is fine. What you're seeing is just apport being useless again. Just do

sudo apt remove ubuntu-report apport
these 2 packages are useless.

Attached: Boo.jpg (526x778, 58K)

>use shopped or hardware fault-corrupted crash screens
Pottery.
>WHY DO PEOPLE TREAT US LIKE WE'RE A PACK OF FUCKING LIARS?!

>>The SIGABRT and SIGIOT signal is sent to a process to tell it to abort, i.e. to terminate. The signal is usually initiated by the process itself when it calls abort() function of the C Standard Library, but it can be sent to the process from outside like any other signal.

Who barely understands what? Are you brain damaged?

Why do you even reply to these threads? Either he is trying to trigger you (most likely) or he has no idea what he is doing either way there's no point in arguing with this guys.

Ubuntu 16.04 got really better after it received more updates.

>muh
learn to not take things that seriously
without any photoshopping windows still doesn't provide you with more than a half-assed apology and a retarded sad face
>pack of fucking liars
how did I personally lie to you in any way, mr nobody?

or just stop using ubuntu

It has nothing to do with the program "aborting when it is closing down". It could happen anytime, for instance by double freeing a pointer.

It literally says it called SIGABRT in std::finalize().

Attached: thisisbait.jpg (625x626, 20K)

good riddance idiot