It’s perfect

It’s perfect.

Attached: 27B49E0F-D4ED-4048-AF4A-E53CFD6EF951.jpg (1200x900, 736K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/apple/comments/9tmjyq/i_just_realised_the_new_ipad_pros_are_basically/
cultofmac.com/546401/ios-13-will-boast-great-updates-for-ipad-users/
gen.lib.rus.ec
b-ok.xyz/
bgr.com/2017/12/31/iphone-x-face-id-hack-family-members/
nytimes.com/2004/11/02/health/the-claim-identical-twins-have-identical-fingerprints.html
nypost.com/2018/04/03/why-microsoft-and-apple-dont-need-to-sell-your-data/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_Madrid_train_bombings
apple.com/legal/privacy/en-ww/
support.apple.com/en-us/HT204587
support.apple.com/en-us/HT208108
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

for me to poop on

If it had usbs on each side, a separate charging port, unlocked bootloader and open source hardware drivers it would be perfect.

>rounded screen corners

theyve been pushing this meme since 1984

>iOS
no

>FaceID
>no TouchID

Attached: image.jpg (302x225, 23K)

>Hey guys, lets cut off the screen real-estate so people think we aren't edgy, cus that's just criiinge

And it is beautiful.

Notchless is a perfect screen. If only it was foldable it would be my main communicator device.

It's too powerful for Jow Forums

Looks nice, but where do you put your thumbs when you are holding it over your face, e.g. reading in bed, without touching the screen?

tablets and laptops are an ergonomic mess and massive memes, blows my mind those things took off.

Attached: 1538727447228.png (416x435, 114K)

So is it true its more powerful than my desktop?

buy a handle case

Lol

>spend a lot of money on a thing that costs more because they removed bezels
>have to spend some more on something to add bezels to hold onto
the state of applefags
or, actually, it's not even apple only

>the state of actual (((technology)))

how are they as graphics tablets? can they even be used as one?

You could attach this to a monitor arm mounted above your bed then it becomes a floating screen.

Attached: 712Odsr-xAL._SX466_.jpg (466x429, 33K)

In what sense? Animation? Drawing?

c-cute

Imagine being this addicted to tech

t. pajeet

t. 13 year old

Attached: triumph.jpg (1000x562, 105K)

If they made it so you could develop apps on the device, I'd be getting one. I played with one in the Apple Store, they are gorgeous to use. But so expensive. No way I'm spending that kind of money on it. My old iPad is still doing what i need, it's basically a iTunes U machine.

fuck off, itoddler
this place is not for virgins...

A bunch of rumors suggest iOS 13 next year is going to be a huge overhaul for iPads so that’s probably going to be a reality sooner than later.

You can even use it with a hands free device.

Attached: head-pointer-400x266.jpg (400x266, 6K)

>this place is not for virgins...

Attached: stanza.gif (500x400, 468K)

It's only a matter of time when they merge the iPad and Mac line up. Do you have any sources or reading material about those rumours?

Application support kills it

No I just see it mentioned constantly on the Apple subreddit, stated as a trustworthy rumor so I’ve just kind of echoed that.

>reddit

Personaly, I don't like apple products as I prefer Android and Linux (on PCs), but I can see why you would be excited by this even though I'm probably not going to buy it due to it's incredible price tag.

They could put A# chips in the Mac for Metal GPU use

I fully expect that at some point that will happen. They will drop Intel and go in house designed ARM chips.

Obviously, everything they have got so far is in phone/tablet/watch format, but I expect internally they have some demo Mac sized (and cooled) chips, benchmarking away. As soon as they get to that position of near parity, it'll go in, because battery life improvements and performance (as they'll accelerate so much with bespoke hardware).

>t. PewDiePie subscriber

Ah found it:

reddit.com/r/apple/comments/9tmjyq/i_just_realised_the_new_ipad_pros_are_basically/

the whatscriber? kids, what words will they invent next.

The Apple GPU would need to be much better than Intel HD for them to do it

Here's some more info
>It’s possible iOS 13 will bring the unification of Apple’s desktop and mobile operating systems’ APIs. With project “Marzipan,” a developer will be able to write an app that can run on a Mac, iPad, and iPhone. This unconfirmed change was originally thought to come this year, but has reportedly been pushed back.

cultofmac.com/546401/ios-13-will-boast-great-updates-for-ipad-users/

And? You think the Intel HD compares to the one in the iPads? Consider the resolution it is running at.

I'm hyped for it. I know that Microsoft took a good couple of years to do the same with their Metro apps.

It will probably be different, the Mac Pro already has an ARM co-processor, so chances are they won't actually do and ARM emulation on x86.
Knowing Apple you might won't be able to do this with current gen devices without that co-processor and I don't know which devices besides the Mac Pro already have them.

It still has to be paid for they won't put in the Mac for free when they have the Intel HD. If the do it then it will be a paid option and sell it as (2x Better)

I fully expect them to do what they did when they switched from IBM to Intel. Have a translation layer, but favour the store apps which they can recompile for. Their closed garden makes this much easier. I'm not sure what the ARM co-processor is doing at the moment, but I fully expect them in the next few years to replace Intel with their own stuff.

Knowing Apple, they will support the older Macs for a few years, but then they'll just hike the drawbridge at some point and no longer support Intel Macs.

No, they won't be putting the Intel HD in. They will have replaced it with a home-grown solution, such as the types used in iPads and iPhones. The paid option will probably still be to have an AMD GPU internally for now, unless they really make some huge gains in their GPU department.

drawing.

I used one of the last gen large ipads at my workplace. They're super comfy for reading pirated book PDF's

It sucks that there is no real competition from Android in this space because they're really fucking expensive, still thinking of buying the new iPad for a personal device.

Yeah the Apple pencil is fantastic. Look up Procreate, my wife is an artist and she uses her ipad primarily for that app. It works great and you can do pretty much anything you're capable of doing with it. I doubt it compares as much as thousand dollar Wacoms or whatever, but I've seen some awesome things done on the ipad pro.

just put the on the side wtf are you on about

Two threads died for this stupid shit

Attached: Screenshot_20181103-104652_Firefox.jpg (1250x662, 194K)

>wah I hate seeing things I can't afford so stop posting it!

I'd love to, but I'm just not artistic :(

Agreed, my iPad Air is great for reading. Where did you get your PDFs from?

Not him but if it isn't on
gen.lib.rus.ec
or
b-ok.xyz/
If you can pirate it it's more likely than not on either of those sites. They have tons of pdf's but also tons of epubs and mobis. Apple Books got a revamp with ios 12 and I greatly prefer epubs to pdfs now. They almost always have nicer layouts.

if it wasn't arm, had ports other than a charging port, had a BIOs, and wasn't overpriced then it would be perfect

>usb-c
>not thunderbolt 3
no it's not.

face ID is objectively better in nearly every way.

so... 4chin has more "ads" than reddit now? how many more sponsored apple fanboy threads do you need to make

As long as people get mad about Apple threads, people will keep making Apple threads.
Some people here hate Apple at unhealthy levels to the point they think more about Apple than the average Apple user, they somehow feel the need to respond to every Apple thread just to post a comment telling everyone how upset they are about Apple.

>Rounded corners of screen don't match rounded corners of bezel.

I thought Apple was autistic about design? This and the notch? Sloppy Apple. Sloppy.

>Plenty of false positives
>Works poorly for various ethnicities
>Activation requires more actions
>Activation requires you tilt the device in a very specific direction
>Can't be used when face is obstructed
>Actually a gimmick that was featured in an Android device in 2011 combined with Kinect's 2010 tech
I'm not a fan of fingerprint sensors, but I cannot fathom why anyone would prefer the face recognition thing over it.

Touch ID:
>Plenty of false positives (actually more than Face ID)
>Easier to spoof
>Doesn't work at all for people with skin diseases like eczema or psoriasis
>Negates the entire purpose of the lockscreen since you never see it, thus adding extra steps for you to see notifications which is the most popular reason for awakening your phone anyway (also, doesn't hide notifications from others)
>Can't be used when fingers are wet or covered by gloves

also
>Works poorly for various ethnicities
Not really true. Face ID works on depth, not color. Only misfires if two people (like twins) have extremely similar faces, which also applies to fingerprints. Twins often have the same fingerprint.
>Activation requires more actions
Not necessarily true. All you need to do is pick up your phone and touch the screen, and you don't really need to even pick up the phone most of the time. It works if your phone is laying on a flat surface as long as the phone is close to you.
>Activation requires you to tilt the device in a very specific direction
Yeah, but only the angles in which you would normally be looking at your phone anyway (like on a desk, or in your hand.) As a result, you barely even notice it. It's not like taking a selfie or anything.
>Can't be used when face is obstructed
Well...yeah. Obviously. The same applies to fingerprint scanning. The difference being that Face ID is actually better at working through most obstructions, like sunglasses and facial hair, whereas Touch ID gives up at the slightest inconvenience. If your face is too effectively obstructed, though, it won't work.
>Actually a gimmick that was featured in an Android device in 2011 combined with Kinect's 2010 tech
Face Unlock was so trash that Google themselves literally told people not to actually use it. It could be tricked by a photo or video. Didn't work in the wrong lighting. Didn't work with the wrong makeup (or lack thereof). Didn't work through any types of sunglasses, or hats, or haircuts, even a new minor scar. Just because it first appeared in the Galaxy Nexus doesn't automatically make the Nexus' implementation of it any better. Kinect was also famously garbage, too.
RGB cameras are not the same as IR cameras.

face id is a nice cross between security and convenience. touch id allows someone to unlock your phone with your finger as you sleep, which isn't true with face id. but at the same time, face id also isn't as inconvenient as putting in a passcode every single time.

>Twins often have the same fingerprint.
Stopped reading there.

no use case

>mfw can't wear sunglasses
>mfw can't unlock when tired
>mfw can't unlock when you have an eye issue

do you have a last gen mac? then my cell phone is probably more powerful

>I doubt it compares as much as thousand dollar Wacoms or whatever
no point then for me. was considering it just for its drawoing tablet function

Hell, I was able to unlock my mom's iPhone with my thumbprint.

>>mfw can't wear sunglasses
Yes, you can. Face ID works through any sunglasses that don't block out infrared light (which is most of them.)
>>mfw can't unlock when tired
You only have to open your eyes a little bit. It's not much of a problem.
>>mfw can't unlock when you have an eye issue
If you've had that eye issue (e.g. a missing one) since the beginning of your ownership of the device, the reference should be the same and thus unlocking the phone shouldn't be a problem.
If you were fine when you originally set up Face ID and recently got your eye plucked out, you won't be able to unlock the phone but it would be very easy to re-train Face ID to recognize your new, eye-less face.

Also, you people are forgetting you can in fact set up alternate appearances now.

so if i lose my eye, I can't use my phone?

>face ID is objectively better in nearly every way.
Perfect if you mean that relatives can unlock your phone. Macfags really do know how to think different. They even redefined what perfection means.

Attached: 1540006735432.png (1177x1024, 100K)

>Twins often have the same fingerprint.

Attached: 1485604408299.jpg (798x770, 195K)

It won't recognize you. You can still use your phone by typing in the backup passcode. From that point, you can reset Face ID (or add an alternate appearance) and you won't have any problems from that point on until you lose your other eye. But then you'll have bigger problems to worry about.

Also, if you literally just lost your eye and need to use your phone to call for an ambulance, you don't need to use Face ID or a passcode at all. Literally just make an emergency SOS and you'll be able to call 911 without authentication or anything.

The only relatives that would be able to unlock your iPhone would be your twin. They'd have to look almost exactly like you. And even then, it's iffy.

Attached: android npc.jpg (2048x2048, 192K)

Except the price, in Brazil it's U$4000 for the maxed out version.

Colloquially the same. Not exactly the same, but eerily similar, and Touch ID gives a small amount of wiggle room for differences.

>ios
>cheap low quality hardware
found two flaws

>sending a 3d version of your head to a company that sells data
It can be the most cutting-edge tech in the world it's still trash because it exists only to make money.

Face ID models never leave the devices they're assigned to.

>The only relatives that would be able to unlock your iPhone would be your twin. They'd have to look almost exactly like you. And even then, it's iffy.
bgr.com/2017/12/31/iphone-x-face-id-hack-family-members/
>Colloquially the same. Not exactly the same, but eerily similar, and Touch ID gives a small amount of wiggle room for differences.
nytimes.com/2004/11/02/health/the-claim-identical-twins-have-identical-fingerprints.html

Macfags simply deny basic science. LMAO. Call me surprised.

Attached: 1538156453913.png (600x842, 142K)

>oh no, now the goberment has a picture of my face!
>now, where did I put my ID which has both my face and fingerprint on it?

Who cares about government.
I don't want ads company or whatever greedy fuckers to make money with my data.
I'm no cattle, either i get my share of the money/gain or fuck off.

Think you might be confusing Applel with Goolag

No I'm not.

>source: apple said it on stage so it must be true.
I don't trust a company that sell low cost hardwares at premium price.

nypost.com/2018/04/03/why-microsoft-and-apple-dont-need-to-sell-your-data/

not really

app store is way ahead of play store in terms of editing applications

they look exactly alike holy fuck

They would be legally obligated to state it very clearly in the terms of service or otherwise risk a shitload in bad publicity and fines.
And why the fuck would any buyer need to buy someone's face? Browsing habits and location data, sure, but what purpose could facial scans possibly serve for optimizing targeted ads?

Whoops, I was wrong about the twins thing. Alright, I retract that statement. Regardless, it's far from impossible for two or more people to have the same or similar fingerprints.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_Madrid_train_bombings

And it doesn't really matter all that much anyway, because Touch ID (and Nexus Imprint) scanners aren't perfect. They don't scan the entire fingerprint, just certain areas where fingerprints tend to differ the most. That's how they're so fast.
As a result, the probability of someone other than the owner of a device with Touch ID unlocking the device successfully is 1 in 50,000, where as with Face ID it's closer to 1 in a million.
The probability of guessing a passcode is close to 1 in 10,000, but you'll probably lock yourself out so often it'll take a million years at that rate.

So still, biometric data is trustworthy enough to use to lock your devices, even though it isn't perfect and may sometimes allow others to unlock the device. There just isn't a foolproof way to secure data other than a long and arduous password, but no one wants to type in a long and arduous password every time they check their phones. The odds of anybody other than you unlocking your stuff successfully are astronomically low, but not impossible.

>Regardless, it's far from impossible for two or more people to have the same or similar fingerprints.
Less common than two people having the same face structure.
>They don't scan the entire fingerprint, just certain areas where fingerprints tend to differ the most. That's how they're so fast.
You do not understand the technology.
>As a result, the probability of someone other than the owner of a device with Touch ID unlocking the device successfully is 1 in 50,000, where as with Face ID it's closer to 1 in a million.
>The probability of guessing a passcode is close to 1 in 10,000, but you'll probably lock yourself out so often it'll take a million years at that rate.
You've made up shit several times already. You must provide a source for be to consider believing you.

I don't trust him.
>They would be legally obligated to state it very clearly in the terms of service or otherwise risk a shitload in bad publicity and fines.
apple.com/legal/privacy/en-ww/
ho boy it's time for a good reading session.
this chapter is hilarious
>Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
>we know exactly where/who you are, what/when you do something but it's nothing personal kid.
>btw we combine them with personal informations so it's personal
also :
>With your explicit consent, we may collect data about how you use your device and applications in order to help app developers improve their apps.
retard comply to this
>dev improving apps
==
>marketing services can send targeted ads
also
>Disclosure to Third Parties
>At times Apple may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with Apple to provide products and services, or that help Apple market to customers.
hummm.webp
>Apple shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, extending credit, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever Apple operates.

Tell me again how this text makes it clear apple does not sell or give data to third-parties (whatever they are).
Tim cuck can say whatever he wants, EULA is saying something else.

>You've made up shit several times already. You must provide a source for be to consider believing you.
support.apple.com/en-us/HT204587
support.apple.com/en-us/HT208108

there is a new bot that makes 4-7 apple threads at a time, thou this thread is just a shill.

>a separate charging port,
wireless charging is the future, grandpa

THIS is what will keep me from dropping money on any new apple garbage
if they simply provided touchID support and dropped faceID bullshit i would love some of their newest products

It would be so much better with a touchified OS X. I know iOS is built on the same shit but iOS is not the same.

>It’s perfect.
Not really, but anyway it does not exist, so who cares

if only the software wouldn't be a suck of a toy os

>no fingerprint under the screen
Fuck that I hate having to keep selfie cam uncovered.

NOW it's perfect!

Attached: NUTch.jpg (1200x900, 276K)

If only it had macOS. Their new MacBooks have been shit so far