Java vs C#

You have 5 seconds to tell why one language is better than the other.

Attached: javavscsharp.png (479x248, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

arrow-kt.io/docs/patterns/glossary/
techempower.com/benchmarks/#section=data-r17&hw=ph&test=query
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

C# if you want to make shitty indie games

Java if you want to rip big corporations off for hundreds of thousands of buckeroos

c# implemented some functional programming features and didn't fuck it up.
>lambdas in java
>virtual machine that works well for code without mutations

Java is owned by Oracle, C# isn't.

Lambdas in java are great, especially in map() flatMap() forEach() and other stream related methods.

ArrayList hello = new ArrayList(Arrays.asList("nigger", "faggot", "kike", "retard"));
hello.forEach(x -> System.out.println("OP is a " + x));

Microsoft is shit.

C# is owned by microshaft. But, at this point, Oracle is more toxic than microfuck.

Except you need to declare a functional interface separately if you do anything that isn't absolutely vanilla.

C-Shart shills need to go.

Attached: javamasterrace.jpg (1291x3600, 610K)

I have no C# experience but having recently gotten back in the Java game, I really enjoy Java 8 and all the lambda features. And Spring Boot has been fucking awesome

Use RxJava if you want to go full autistic. I just like being able to handle data in an immutable fashion.

I like Spring Boot but I often almost break my keyboard because the annotations cause so many run-time errors that are notoriously difficult to debug.

java is a non-free lang lmfao

>I like Spring Boot
Use VertX my brother

C# is embedded in windows and supported by microsoft.

Java is embedded in Oracle's asshole (soon you'll have to pay for the JRE) and nobody gives a shit about it except some faggots still using 15yo stock management software with horrible UI.

>(soon you'll have to pay for the JRE)
You'll have to pay for using the Oracle JDK commercially you degenerate pajeet sucking microsoft shill. OpenJDK is free and downloadable and is basically the same.

thanks for confirming what I said you dumbass. Enjoy your openjdk meme faggotry.

C#. GC control including pausing, "using", structs, real generics.

You said JRE, not JDK you niggerfagging faggot.

C# is an open standard.

mfw this poster doesn't know the difference between the JRE and JDK and just came here to shill C# even though he doesn't have the slightest clue about Java.

C#

Use whichever one is more sought after in your area

One language is better than the other because one is more expressive, more easily human-readable, and faster to compile.

C#'s ecosystem is shit compared to Java. Also Java jobs are paying better.

Java has the FOSS factor until Oracle bought out Sun and asspounded anything that isn't a big money maker to death.

C# is cleaner syntactically and has better libraries.

Attached: 1390349308427.png (309x305, 188K)

C# any day

>27 posts
>14 IPs
Microsoft shills lmfao

>has better libraries
Java still has the much more mature build system and third party library collection.

Well... C# is basically Java in 'not shitty'

It can do anything Java can.

Besides mono it has an open source cross platform development core (.NET Core). No matter if you want to run on Windows, Linux, MacOS, Android or iOS.

Compared to Java, C# is godlike. No bulky syntax and many things Java simply doesn't have. Delegate Types, Operator Overloading, An equivalent of C#'s LINQ and Local types / implicit variables (like var).

Fun fact: In C# it is possible to use .jar libs as well as native java code.

Oh right and it also has pointers. Try that in Java.

>Compared to Java, C# is godlike. No bulky syntax and many things Java simply doesn't have. Delegate Types, Operator Overloading, An equivalent of C#'s LINQ and Local types / implicit variables (like var).
>he thinks Java is still at version 5

Java is ACTUALLY cross platform. C# is (((((("""""""""""cross platform""""""""""")))))).

>what is ((( )))

And what exactly changed?
Does it have Operator overloading yet? No? How about Delegation? Oh it was proposed but not added? Hmm...

>And what exactly changed?
Java 10 introduced type inference which means your post was objectively wrong.

Java because bytecode weaving

Do you not need to declare delegates in C#?

Operator overloading is for gay niggers and functional interfaces are better than delegates.

Attached: Pjt.Init().png (500x855, 143K)

C# is a better language (it's syntax and semantics).

Java as a language in itself is shit, but it has a better ecosystem (ie not windows-centric, Swing, JVM etc.).

Both languages smell of poo.

>but it has a better ecosystem
Use Kotlin instead. Checkmate. C# confirmed for useless.

Kotlin is nothing but syntax sugar. But then again that's half of what C#'s claim their shitlang offers.

That's the point. C# doesn't have anything to show but modern features. Big whoop, Kotlin provides all of that without being stuck using aspie.net.

>Kotlin is nothing but syntax sugar.
>being this retarded
Scala is Syntax sugar too?

Scala has actual features to offer. You can do HKTs in Scala, you can't do that in Java.

You can do that in Kotlin as well arrow-kt.io/docs/patterns/glossary/

both are trash, go & c are the tools you need

>Go
nice botnet that just got generics like a week ago

Arrow is a nightmarish maze of annotation processor macros, not a language feature.

Go 2's generics are the worst parts of Java's and C++'s combined.

>Arrow is a nightmarish maze of annotation processor macros, not a language feature.
mimimi.. Kotlin is still a million times better and more powerful than C#

They're both the same variety of junk, building on the broken foundation that is Java rather than fixing it.

so tell us, what language are you using? C? pfahahahahahahaha

All I want to do is make really shitty phone games.
Is Scala or C# more appropriate?

You actually ask him because he throws some buzzwords at people he doesn't even understand? Please listen to him. I know for a fact you will want to kill yourself.

Depends on the circumstance but I enjoy using C for systems stuff, Racket for quick and dirty stuff and Haskell for the rest.

Scala is a mess, it's powerful but it's also a victim of kitchen sink design. Java, C#, Kotlin, who cares. They're all the same in practice.

>I enjoy using C for systems stuff, Racket for quick and dirty stuff and Haskell for the rest.
found the autist

I'm asking anybody who will give me an answer.
Is Scala a joke, should I stick to C#?

If you want to create phonegames you should use Java or Kotlin because they are natively supported by Android. Why the fuck would you use C#? And if you want to create cross platform games you'll have to use one of the gay JS frameworks.

Kotlin

D.

D sucks.

I implore you to reconsider.

What does D have to offer?

It's compiled but has good syntax. And it compiles really fucking fast.

google is a javashop and pays better

That makes it (possibly) better than C++, I don't see what it offers over Java/C#/Kotlin/Scala.

No runtime requirement already makes it better than Java and C#, with syntax at least on par with them if not better.

C# because i love it

>No runtime requirement already makes it better than Java and C#
That may be an advantage if you're writing an OS, I don't see how it's significant if you're just doing application development.
>with syntax at least on par with them if not better.
Generics with !() is basically the only improvement I can think of there.

Java is better, not owned by microshaft

yeah. it's owned by oracle instead lmao

Java for network applications, which is a wide well paid field. But be aware that Oracle is slowly running it into the ground, so be ready to jump ship in the future. Use C# for game development, business GUI applications and as a compromise between Java and C/C++. Java is an absolute pain when it comes to developing anything close to the hardware level.

Both are very similar though and it is very easy to switch for someone who is competent in either of them. So which one you start out with does not really matter as much as beginners might think.

Attached: 1361042254824.jpg (500x667, 67K)

C# is proprietary

Why everyone is saying that Oracle will ruin Java? Isn't java owned by Oracle for quite some time? What about openjdk?
Asking, because not sure what to pick to master for upcoming year, C# (maybe use only open source version?) Or java

Attached: 1540177599671.jpg (720x480, 91K)

Oracle actually improved Java.

what you pick between c# and java depends entirely on what is most popular in your region

.NET is extremely popular in europe and I really enjoy C#. Therefore this is the field I got into. I get absolutely spammed to death by recruiters on LinkedIn.

If Java was more popular in my region, I'd go for that. That's literally it. These arguments are really fucking stupid.

Why is that? Why C# is so popular in Europe? In my country colleges teaches Java (most likely because of Android) and in University usually C++
t. Easterner

linux is fucking crazy man

I was taught Java as well in uni, and in the end me saying this doesn't mean that Java isn't used at all. It generally is pretty equally split with some tendency to lean toward .NET. One widely used government application is even partially written in Ruby.

I think in general .NET is just widely used almost everywhere except the Bay Area (mostly because it isn't as hip as node.js)... I'm not sure why this board has the impression .NET isn't a widely used platform lol. It's just a very reliable and scalable platform that is very flexible and comes with a lot of really reliable and convenient tooling that is designed for large projects like Visual Studio (which is probably the best IDE there is and if someone hates it its the n.1 indication they don't have a job), SQL Server, TFS (which was later called VSTS and now Azure DevOps), Nuget, WCF etc...

In the end Java is good (although personally as a language I don't like it compared to C#) so in the end what really matters is what you can get a job for. You can easily transition to any other OOP language if the market turns in a way that C# or Java somehow ends falling out of favour even though I don't really think this will happen for either langs in the foreseeable future.

They made oracle JDK paid only. But that's not actually a big deal because they also maintain and develop the openJDK which is actually the reference implementation of Java. So oracle JDK is now a commercial-only product with pro level support but openJDK is open for anyone to use. People are just throwing a big hissy fit over it for no reason when they should be using openJDK unless they're a big corporation anyway.

And? That takes maybe 5 lines after which you can re-use it any number of times you want.

I'm just about to begin learning Spring. What resource can you recommend?

>unironically learning spring
Nothing but suffering awaits you

bwahaha holy shit lmao
enjoy working at microsoft guys I'm sure you'll have a blast

asp btfo.. useless shit

techempower.com/benchmarks/#section=data-r17&hw=ph&test=query

neither is as good as kotlin

Attached: kotlin-chan.jpg (500x768, 85K)

/thread
Such an underrated language

C#
>java is pajeet language.

Why kotlin?

>Microsoft
>Not pajeets

C# doesn't make me want to kill myself so I consider that a plus.

Have you ever tried using BigInteger or BigDecimal in java?

Him being autistic. Don't mind him.

this guy knows whats up

big stinking pile vs. polished

Attached: skinny-man-pose.jpg (329x238, 47K)

who else here /ascended/

this

java all the way