INTEL FINISHED AGAIN!

techsecurity.news/2018/11/researchers-exploit-another-intel-hyper-threading-flaw/

Attached: 20181103_181500.png (720x704, 497K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PUNJ_tkq2hk
ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSB27U_7.1.0/com.ibm.zvm.v710.hcpa0/mtfac.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fake news

>Technical University of Havana, Cuba
Even Castro knows Incel is shit

>This issue is not reliant on speculative execution and is therefore unrelated to Spectre, Meltdown or L1 Terminal Fault.
Womp womp

Looks like moar cores wins again.

Attached: BD495i_1.png (700x600, 87K)

Delet

Is Ryzen too wide for this to work on it in practice?

Attached: o0800050512308060428.png (800x505, 149K)

This doesn't concern me, my OS has Hyperthreading disabled by default as the lead developers know it's full of wholes and intel isn't making it open source so it can't be really fixed

You mean half-cores

and another one!

Attached: 1536543090411.jpg (630x630, 35K)

Absolutely fucking based
truely fine wine

>Cuba
intel ht kikes beheaded

This is what happens when you take a 40 year old architecture and stick instructions and features onto it during that time like sticking plasters. The design is broken and needs to be taken to the glue factory and melted down like an old horse.

Most likely affects AMD too

>full of wholes

Why the fuck are there no 8 core APUs or at least 6 core like intel?

>still on piledriver
>no real SMT
>probably not vulnerable since crypto keys are on integer cores

because you have to put 8 cores and a gpu in a tiny space without it being 200w tdp, just wait for zen2 probably 6 core APUs

Delid*

considering its using the method ibm uses
the chances of this to work is near zero

please explain

because amd is under no illusions, if you want more cores, you are spending more money on a computer, and in that case, you are going to be using a dedicated card anyway so why bother with something that will be turned off?

Laptops also some software use iGPU for acceleration.

No

>Most likely affects AMD too
I want to see it demonstrated on AMD before we start making assumptions here.

I'm so happy that I bought one of these.

Attached: 1501822872228.jpg (787x960, 68K)

so what I would trade security for performance every day of the week

Attached: shitty wine edit.png (334x507, 140K)

>Intel has a million security issues
>Stocks remain stable
>AMD has become competitive again, Intel can't compete with AMD pricing
>Stocks fall almost 40%

Attached: mogged.png (970x367, 670K)

>me sharrel
>ooga me hunt food for mark
>mark hunt food too
>we have twice food
>ooga booga we happy food

wew

Okay, but assuming she's 100% female would you give it a go? I think I would, cowgirl would be interesting

>amd is up 100% this year
>incel is the same
Why do incels prove every single day they're underage and never actually owned any money.

>Almost 2019
>still content with my 2500K

Incel is garbadge. Too bad there is no other option in current year.

Incucks in full spin mode. There is zero evidence this design flaw affects AMD, just as the prior HT flaw only affects Intel's implementation. Even the spectre flaws which affect AMD were limited to local processes unlike on Intel where it allowed ring0 access. Intel has been cutting corners for years to gain a performance advantage and now those chickns are coming home to roost, and all they've done to fix it is lie about the competition.

>HURR DURR INCEL
>UNGA BUNGA OVERPRICED
>intel still makes more money
>HURR BUNGA INCELS NO MONEY UNDERAGE UNGA DURR

Attached: 1538137513833.jpg (750x750, 294K)

Tell me more

Дepьмo coбaчьe.

Oh, nigger tries to talk for the first time... Cute!

>intel still makes more money
Thanks to chinks and poojeet.

How many of these exploits (whether it be ayyyymd or jewtel) are actively used on the average home user? Most of them seem to have a specific use-case scenario like physical access to the computer and things like that.

youtu.be/PUNJ_tkq2hk

Faster models already out.

wtf is that holy shit.

Hyperthreading exploits are basically theoretical for all practical purposes. If they weren't you would see actual examples outside of clean room research bullshit.

Some vodka gopnik ran quake 4/doom 3 on their own chernobyl monolith backyard manufactured CPU that comes with Russian backdoor ready for russians.

As far as consumers are concerned the tripfag is right, SMT/HT exploits aren't really a concern. They are more of an issue when you are using virtualization to host multiple VMs with no trust between them, because they expose information to other guests that those guests should not be able to obtain.

Russian backdoor > NSA backdoor

Enemy of my enemy

>paying $3000 for russian backdoor

Attached: cover.jpg (1200x630, 101K)

Freedom from NSA ain't free. Chinese botnet is cheaper.

All these attacks have literally nothing to do with x86/amd64 isa.

Can non-x86 save me?
When can things be okay again?

He who trades freedom for performance deserves neither freedom nor performance

ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSB27U_7.1.0/com.ibm.zvm.v710.hcpa0/mtfac.htm

Even IBM doesn't care about multithreading too.

Good to know you're so useless and have nothing of value that security isn't a factor in your thought process

Attached: 1538289157695.jpg (464x618, 32K)

yeah i can see that they went from giving 1 thread to 2/4/6/8 per physical core...

not a coder here. do these flaws actually endanger my personal info in a more than 0.001% risk? i know the chinese and americans already know everything so i don't really care about threats only a nation-state can exploit.

>He who trades freedom for performance deserves neither freedom nor performance
Based and founderpilled

99% of the people target high profile targets

now if someone is smart enough to deploy it in a wide scale range and somehow have the capacity and the connection to store the data in real time then no

Attached: 1536256520965.png (657x488, 585K)

CPU based on VLIW.
Slow clocks high IPC
Nightmare to code for, niche platform

still on 8370, will use it for the eternity

>niche platform

by niche you mean literally only the russian goverment right?

congratulations you've succesfully caught up to the year 2004

Xbox One and PS4 have them

I meant Ryzen.

But that's incorrect, while a Bulldozer module is less than 2 full cores, it's still much much more than a single core with SMT.

And yet they'll still get away with releasing new cpu lines without even fixing the previously discovered critical security flaws.

>(c) 1891 IBM
Ruskies basically reproduced an IBM typewriter mechanism in silicon

Ain't nothing wrong with a woman with man bearing shoulders user. She'll give you strong children.

It's time to move on, user

our security department ditched all Intel computers from our critical infrastructure points, now our receptionist can enjoy Solitaire with 16 threads

same here

security was a mistake

we shouldn't even be using computers for anything that requires it

Attached: Maserin-Fly.jpg (1200x725, 139K)

>computer baed

BASED

You're fired!

except they do, they are caused by (((intel))) trying to force performance out of that pseudo-cisc garbage architecture

they are massivelly paraller they cant run at very high speeds otherwise that 28 core 5ghz would look like a fucking iceberg compared to them

Why don't you man up and admit you're wrong?

Always wanted an Elbrus 2K processor. Too expensive :(

no, niche as in no one wants to emulate out-of-order superscalar operation on a VLIW architecture because C garbage is non-performant without it. coincidentally all these recent spectre flaws are directly related to the VM-like implicit nature of these over complex, hot garbage, superscalars.

how is he wrong? the ISA is merely a shitty abstraction to a nightmare monolith of 80% die-space machinery directly created to make C babbys feel like their "low level language" is fast.

If GPU acceleration is used then the cpu is hardly taxed. Hence, no need for 6 cores.

Based.

It just needs a language, compiler, market and a more performant architecture.

Wait for Zen2 desu.

Absolutely based.

And you laughed at bsdfags for disabling it