Get 2012 macbook pro for free

>get 2012 macbook pro for free
>install ubuntu
>battery life cut in half

looks like i dun goofed. what do now?

Attached: Next-gen-macbook.png (1600x899, 1.33M)

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2018/07/19/ditching-windows-2-weeks-with-ubuntu-linux-on-the-dell-xps-13/
linrunner.de/en/tlp/docs/tlp-linux-advanced-power-management.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Grow the fuck up and install macOS

would i have to buy it?

Nope. Command + Option + R on boot gets you in the internet recovery. Reformat, download and install. Profit

install gentoo

Attached: 1517916395748.png (1245x852, 106K)

no one gives a shit about unix

except few turbofreetards

Install gentoo

why havent you just used macos, you hipster faggot?

I have, and I don't like it. But if i can't get the battery problem solved i'll probably go back to it out of necessity.

That's the point, unix was garbage and apple made an OS literally worse than that. Then they put in in hardware that REQUIRED to be in a fucking freezer to function properly and even then it throttles. What a fucking joke of a company, I only got one because my whole family and uni is full of mactards and I need exposure to this toddler locked down OS to be able to help them. I fucking hate it though.

Attached: 1508747426931.jpg (656x611, 76K)

>macshit
Found your problem.

Attached: 1541260078141.jpg (450x594, 30K)

If it's such a toddler OS then why do you need to use it to know what to do?

Because my mactarded family and uni professors essentially require me to have it. When not in use foe that I have a wankers 10 VM running.

I don't know man, you did something wrong.
forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2018/07/19/ditching-windows-2-weeks-with-ubuntu-linux-on-the-dell-xps-13/
Ubuntu is great with laptops these days.

Install and configure TLP, powertop, and thermald. Something along the lines of "sudo apt install powertop tlp thermald; sudo powertop --calibrate; sudo powertop --auto-tune; sudo systemctl enable tlp; sudo systemctl enable thermald"

Don't you have to spam threads to be posting?

Attached: 1.70_has_been_deposited_into_your_account.png (1903x1070, 784K)

linrunner.de/en/tlp/docs/tlp-linux-advanced-power-management.html

>gentoo

Just configure ubuntu better faggola. I run debian on my 2014 pro and it gets about 7 hours battery life

sudo apt install tlp

>needing to do this
Jesus christ why not just use macOS?

Attached: full_retard_big.jpg (1322x688, 390K)

MacOS _is_ POSIX compilant

I'm going to try to so this. Any tips regarding wifi connection stability?

Take it to an Apple Genius and get MacOS reinstalled for only 36 monthly payments of $99.99.

You need to google around on how to enable the power saving shit.

>getting a Mac
>not using macOS
What's the fucking point then? If you're buying a Mac use fucking Mac

Basically this. Part of the hardware cost goes to development of the OS, so there's no reason to buy one unless you want the OS.

But OP didn't buy it he got it for free. So he should reinstall MacOS or get a lightweight distro like Alpine.