Make a long arch install script that installs the system, sets up encryption...

>make a long arch install script that installs the system, sets up encryption, partitions the drive and injects all my configs + rice
>set up cronjobs for everything, don't have to even manually update or recompile programs by hand at this point
>setup rsync scripts to backup to my 2 external drivers + fileserver
>....have nothing to do
what the fuck I hate linux now
why am I so bored

Attached: weary wojak illuminated.jpg (645x773, 80K)

install gentoo

what's the difference? all text based installers are scriptable and it would end up being the same
Maybe OpenBSD...

Create a problem and then solve it

>filthy fucking NEET shit makes a garbage post
Oh colour me surprised.

work on actual stuff now that the OS is out of the way

proof that archfags use arch just to feel superior to others because they have nothing else going for them. once their only source of happiness dies out, they return to the void and expose themselves as being lifeless blobs with no redeeming qualities.

lmao

Get a job

>I want a system that I always have to fix and play around with
>I don't know why mankind invented computing in the first place

Jesus fucking Christ what is wrong with you people? It's like complaining that your hunting knife is already as sharp as it can get and you're 'bored' now because you have nothing to do. A computer is a tool to DO something.

Just take up cybersexing user.

>needing an install script
>not just using a configuration.nix file on NixOS

Attached: 1473339665090.jpg (600x418, 27K)

Do none of you fucking realize that this is a humble brag? Fucking tards.

share it if you would, I was thinking about writing one myself

found the npc

>proof that archfags use arch just to feel superior to others
Wrong. There's nobody in my life to impress. Peoples eyes glaze over if you even mention computers these days. And, I certainly have no desire to earn the respect of the degenerates that frequent this board. I like Arch because it is a rolling release and it's a little more flexible in terms of letting you do what you want.

Nooo, u just took away days of my life

>I was merely pretending!

Fuck off you useless cunt. Delete your diary thread.

can you have that parttion your disks and setup luks + dmcrypt?

but you created it. you already know the answer

Attached: 1541264440189.png (672x787, 930K)

>using cronjobs instead of systemd timers
>install scripts instead of ansible

absolutely disgusting.

I don't use homosexual software, sorry

share the load

not yet, but nixos developers are working on an installer, yes
however, you have to realize that it is not an easy process to automate robustly
if you have a script doing this, it is dangerous, as /dev/sda or /dev/sdb is NOT a guaranteed place a specific drive will be
run your script on a machine or different setup, and you will have to do it manually
generally speaking, it is a REALLY BAD IDEA to automate formatting of drives
manually doing it atleast informs the user exactly what they are doing and they won't lose data without making a mistake

>if you have a script doing this, it is dangerous, as /dev/sda or /dev/sdb is NOT a guaranteed place a specific drive will be
that's what UUIDs are you fucking retard.
your shitty fucking os doesn't even have a proper text mode or remote installer, meanwhile you can install arch or gentoo with a simple bash script.
fuck off

this but unironically
gentoo is a natural next step from arch
t. went ubuntu > mint > arch > gentoo and having a blast