Why do you use a full-size keyboard, Jow Forums?

I just made this image revolving around an idea that I've had for a while. I've been considering getting a cherry mx blue compact keyboard for typing, and a cherry mx red ergonomic gamepad for playing games. Is this a good or bad idea? Does anyone here have this kind of setup? Should I be asking /v/ instead?

On a more tech related note, can you set the compact keyboard to be dvorak and the gamepad to be qwerty? Does Windows and GNU/Linux support different keyboard layouts for different keyboards?

Attached: Compactkeyboard-idea.png (1062x1806, 83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ultimatehackingkeyboard.com
twitter.com/AnonBabble

have you ever considered moving your fucking keyboard a few inches over
what the hell kind of non-problem is this you're poring over

Yes but if I move my full sized keyboard to the center, I have no room for the mouse, at all. Also the way my current desk is, I can't move keyboard that easily, I have to rearrange everything around it.

>wow my full-size keyboard is too big for my desk
>this proves compact keyboards are always better!
Thanks for the input

/thread

It's all related to numpad position. I've wanted for a long time to get a keyboard with a left hand numpad, or a 10keyless with a separate numpad that I can position myself. Typing on a full size keyboard is uncomfortable, and if I position it so that typing is comfortable, my mouse is way off in outer space; I'd have to constantly move my shit around. I ended up just getting used to typing with my hands off center, as much as it irks me.

>still no g13 successor
>most "gaming keypads" are just slashed keyboards

What kind of meme device is a gaming keypad?

fpbp

Full size has 10 key, a tool adults use. I could get a compact keyboard and USB 10 key but why would I do that when I have a keyboard with one already.

Fixed your shitty image.

Attached: a.png (1062x603, 152K)

Is your desk three foot wide?

Attached: s-l500.jpg (500x500, 39K)

How do you reach the mouse without awkwardly stretching your hand all the way to the right? What about applications that need both keyboard and mouse, ie AutoCAD?
2'-9" wide. Technically, yes, it's weird.

Imagine being so autistic that you spend 8999 hours on a shitty mspaint image instead of moving your keyboard over a few inches.

I can't move it freely, I have to take off a speaker, lift it up and place it, lift up again and place it until it's comfortable. Then I have to readjust the wrist rest and make sure the mouse pad isn't hanging off the desk or caught between the desk extender. Then when I want to take a break and play a game, I have to readjust everything which was perfect before, and then I have to spend 8999 hours on getting it at the right angle and distance without annoying the shit out of me.

Basically, no, I can't move the keyboard.

spotted the armlet

>How do you reach the mouse without awkwardly stretching your hand all the way to the right?
I solved that by learning to use the mouse with the left hand.

just get a decent sized desk lol

>playing videogames
Back to /v/ nigger

>using the mouse
found the pleb

Attached: 1540120327826.jpg (720x843, 54K)

this is so fucking stupid
just move your keyboard further

I can't, my desk is built in. I would need to move to another house or renovate this one

>using the mouse

Attached: shiggy-6.jpg (894x894, 368K)

How else are you supposed to use Windows

Please take a picture of that nonsense of a desk

>using windows

Attached: shiggy-8.jpg (250x250, 19K)

Just move the compact keyboard to the side. Is it really that hard?

>using freetard shit
xddd

Your problem seems to be that you're using a mouse while typing. You should stop doing that.

There's no space on my actual desk so I have a desk extender that sits on the pull out thing. There's nowhere to put the center speaker other than on top of the keyboard.

Attached: 20181102_012325.jpg (2048x1152, 893K)

Is that why people use compact kbs? I thought it was just because it looked cool.

roast me: the thread

Just get a full size keyboard that's left handed and bind all your "gaming" keys to the numpadd, retard

I actually have the exact setup that's on your third option there. Tenkeyless keyboard in the middle so typing is symmetrical and a small WASD gamepad on the side. Both hands are symmetrical on the sides while playing with mouse and pad and they are symmetrical while typing with a keyboard. I really like it this way.

looks like a childhood desk desu, ask parents to upgrade it

I have a fullsize keyboard because it was the cheapest
>tfw that desk is larger than mine
Just fuck me up

Just scoot over on your chair a few inches to the left then.
Fucks sake, I knew compact keyboard users were retarded, but I didn't realize it was this bad.

>Just scoot over on your chair a few inches to the left then.
Judging from his picture he only has an old stump to sit on.

I just want a G13 with Cherry MX Reds that doesn't need LGS to work. Is that too much to ask?

You're fooling yourself if you think that it's about anything other than what it looks like. There is no other purpose.

this is next level autist

fip bip

Then move your compact keyboard more to the right when gaming you brainlet.

This seems to only be a problem for you OP...

Attached: OPArm.png (640x400, 8K)

Try this.

Attached: angle.jpg (1274x1172, 87K)

DESKLET BTFO

Full-size keyboards are dumb cause the numpad is only for accountants and cash register bitches.

just move your keyboard you autistic retard

Because I use the numpad all the time for calculating shit and solving captcha.

>not using splits for ideal positioning for each hand
Jow Forums disgusts me sometimes.

Attached: DSC_0126.jpg (2304x1536, 1.01M)

Unfortunately. I'd buy a compact one if there were any good PS/2 compact keyboards for my 3rd world language.

A small keyboard that you're not meant to move your hand around on at all. They can have things like a thumb stick.

took way too long for this to be brought up. I like having them at the width of my armrests.

Are you like 4'11?

fuck this layout is exactly something im looking for but its some kickstarter project and has some weirdass wings on the top. why cant anyone make a regular layout mechanical keyboard and split it

Attached: 1291437143753.png (595x333, 319K)

>but its some kickstarter project and
It's done.
They already shipped 2000 units and are currently working on "modules", such as trackpoint, trackball, touchpads and extra buttons.
They are plugged into the slots at the bottom.

Also, there are regular split keyboards. Though this one is programmable.

i use a full keyboard because the software i use has different key commands mapped for the number row on top of the keyboard and the numpad and i have to use both to use it quickly

link nigger

this

DO YOU REALIZE THAT YOU CAN MOVE THE KEYBOARD SO THAT YOUR HANDS ARE CENTERED WITH THE SCREEN
WHAT THE FUCK KIND OF BRAINDEAD RETARD ARE YOU

I use a tenkeyless keyboard.

I rarely need to do a lot of numbers at home, so the number row is just fine. Why take up a little more desk space for something that really has no benefit for me? At work I definitely use a tenkey enough to need it though.

It's like you idiots never considered moving the keyboard to the side when gaming

Attached: DSC_0073.jpg (3840x2160, 1.55M)

The third option is like man spreading for nerds

Gaming keypad, ergodox, USB keypad, mouse.

>The body THREE TIMES WIDER than the shoulders' bone structure
How fat are you OP?

nigga save up your pocket money and buy a new desk jesus fuck that's shit

Then move your fucking monitor you faggot.

This is silly, the idea of compact for better typing angles and more right arm space for fps games makes sense, but putting the ergonomic hand keyboard thing essentially just extends your keyboard so youve ended up in the same spot you started.

>Why do you use a full-size keyboard
because i actually use the keypad, dork

Op here. Think I'll reply to keep the (you)'s going just because I think this thread is amusing.

What gamepad would you recommend currently?
Nice trips, yes, I've had it like that for a while. Looks comfy but it's not that comfy.
No I'm like a foot taller than that
It's actually new, I got it recently because my desk can't fit my monitor and keyboard.
Long story/complicated situation. The desk is built in and I'd have to remove it and renovate my room and stuff. Can't do that, can only extend it the way I did.
If you're doing keyboard shortcuts and clicking stuff like you would in Autocad or something, then you would need to use the mouse while typing
Finally someone who understands.
Yes but then I'd be staring at the monitor bezel instead of the monitor center.
I have a nice chair but I don't have a lot of room to move it around, the atx tower is in the way.
What, closer to the mouse? No.
That looks really cool, where are they selling it?
This
Not this
I can't move my keyboard easily, I'd have to rearrange everything on my desk. Imagine that it's sitting on something like a house of cards, and I can't do anything about it other than move out after I finish college in like 2 years.
Ha
Take a picture and put it here
I'm skinny but I just drew the shoulders like that because ovals are easy to make, didn't want to spend too much time

I can't. My monitor is an 80 pound CRT. That's the reason why I don't have space on my desk to move the keyboard.

Attached: 1500515162819.gif (728x426, 128K)

>That looks really cool, where are they selling it?
Hungary.
ultimatehackingkeyboard.com

Or maybe manufactures should just put keypads on the other side?

>put piece of cloth under keyboard
>slide keyboard left or right depending on how you want it aligned
or even
>move left or right with your chair depending on the task at hand

OP just created a brand new product range with his gay boy lo fi thread

compact keyboards with gaming pads and mouse

>that top pic
youre wrong
litterally either just move the keyboard over when you need to type on it, or get used to typing with it not exactly in front of the monitor. using something other than a full size keyboard would litterally be a downgrade for me since i actually use the keys to the right of the alphanumeric section.

based

Can the gaming pad do double duty as a numpad if needed?

Was about to say this.

/thread
Remember to sage, lads.

test

Why the fuck is Clover claiming In banned when on wifi while browser on wifi works fine. The hell is this shit.

/me controls everything from laptop. only keyboards I like = laptop .. use x2x to drift mouse pointer across to desktop (linux) .. x2x or synergy achieves that

I SERIOUSLY hope this isn't actually a problem to anybody

This is the most retarded image i've ever seen on Jow Forums. Shilling people into buying gaming keypads of all thing.

I agree with you but I wanted to try out a model m, so been using one of those for a while now