15 Technologies in the next 10 year

Hey Jow Forums, im currently working to make a presentation for class about 15 technologies that might appear for general use in the next 10 years, but i'm having a hard time to finish.

Already made 7 so far:
- Self cloth fold machine
- DeepLearning
- SuperBatterys
- Self Drive Car
- Augmented Reality
- Lab made meat
- CRISPR, Genetic Engineering

Attached: DSuZHql.png (246x246, 38K)

cuck.ed
A site that matches your wife with a potential bull

Attached: image_3.png (481x357, 209K)

Wayland

I need technologies that peasants understand, but thanks anyway

Sexbots will be widely available sooner than clothes foldubg machines you cuck

The Linux Desktop

Mandatory watches for straight white males that electrocute them for using pronouns to refer to a person before asking which they prefer.

Foldable screen

Seconding Sexbots. The future is here and it's made for my willy.

>Augmented Reality
there is no infrastructure for this, you really think they could build a base infrastructure for this to be general use?

Real time ray tracing

>Self Drive Car
I drive my car myself

implying peasants actually understand any of this shit. Or you. What kind of shitty class is wasting your time with such a pointless and speculative presentation? You had better be in highschool, user.

Just google "startup" and pic the top 8 techno buzzwords that appear most frequently which you don't already have. Also you're missing "blockchain".

>Real time raytracing:
Nvidia has something in the new RTX cards that is similar but not quite real time raytracing. Look up raytracing if you dont know what it is but it's very expensive to do realtime in terms of computer resources.

>Memristors:
Think RAM in terms of speed (30+ GB/s) and persistence when power is removed from them like with SSD's. This is essentially a tenfold jump from what most high end NVME ssd's (pretty top of the line stuff) are capable of today.

>Full Sense VR:
Having touch sensation and feeling of hot and cold in vr while it's all simulated. Maybe even control everything with a helmet as in SAO since we already have simple helmets for controlling a pc.

>Replacement manmade organs:
We can already build simple organs like bladders from stem cells so it's not that farfetched we could make more complicated organs from them. Also if they are made of a base of your own cells your body wont reject them and you wont have to take meds to keep your new organs.

>Custom Immunity system:
We're already testing with making diseases target other diseases to wipe them out instead of attacking the body. Imagine if we could get something that targets the HIV virus instead of having your own immune system. This is also seen as one of the few ways to possibly cure HIV since it molds with the host dna at some levels.

>Gene editing for hereditary diseases:
Not sure if that's what you meant with crispr (since it's mostly used on vegetables for now) but we could in theory edit the dna to remove the possibility of genetic malfunctions (alzheimers, huntingtons disease).

>Quantum computing:
Which works at a different way that regular cpu's work but for now only works at perfect 0 since the temperature causes little errors in what they're computing.

However I have two options that would maybe take the place of quantum processors (since they're so awkward to maintain) I'll post them in the next post since I've run out of characters to write them.

>Self cloth fold machine
What

>Wetware processor:
Using an actual fabricated brain (actual cells in a similar way to the replacement manmade organs) maybe a rat brain or something (since i've seen it used to run a little robot before) and running software on that, no heat, and all it needs is some sugars and liquids to keep the organ healthy.

>Photon (light based) Processor:
Instead of using electrons for logic gates we could use light, we can bundle light very efficiently through a single pipe (by putting them at different wavelengths so they don't bother eachother) we could in theory create something far more efficient than a processor using electrons for the processing.
Also photons are a lot faster than electrons so that would help as well, the only problem now is to make a diode small enough to emit the photons for the processor but we have 10 years so maybe we'll get there.

That should bring you up to 15 I think, have fun looking up info for them and make a really good presentation for class.

Lab grown meat is cool and all, but what we really need is cheap food substitutes. Man, here we are in fucking 2018, why can't I just go to the store and buy a month's worth of FDA approved meal replacement nutrient powder? Onions is cool, but IT HAS FUCKING ONIONS IN IT and they are just money grubbing faggots, overcharging the shit out of people. The people making DIY versions can get the price down under $1 per meal.

Not to mention, if we produced that shit in bulk, the government could give it to poor people instead of actual food, think of the money that would be saved on welfare payments!

>onions
What the fuck kind of weird word filter is that? Really mods?

Deepfake videos are a big one. All it takes is a decent gaming pc and a few fake Facebook accounts to cause riots in Pakistan n such.

>being this new
please be bait

>Self cloth fold machine

>Not happening, too many moving parts to make it cost effective.

>Augmented Reality

Already a meme

>Lab made meat
Can only make short muscle fibers because they need force applied to grow. No way to make fat marbling. No solution in sight.

>CRISPR
98% of people have immune response to CRISPR. Also, CRISPR and similar techniques can't target specific cells. Gonna take >10 years and something else than CRISPR to solve

Attached: 1540236337656.jpg (480x580, 26K)

>but we could in theory edit the dna to remove the possibility of genetic malfunctions (alzheimers, huntingtons disease).

I have a single gene disease and I've followed developments in this field for more than 15 years. It's gonna happen, but most likely not within a decade.

Smart Contracts probably the biggest one

RISC-V processors or anything else than x86.

It's self driving cars to make streets and roads busier so everyone drives slower to prevent accidents. You, dummy.

I root for both with all my heart, but thanks for the laugh.

Automated LAN.

So is that her nose, or her mouth?

Have at least one point in there about IoT and how interconnected everything will be (normalfags might recognize if you call it a "smarthome").
Definitely a disaster from a privacy point of view, but we are undoubtedly heading towards this.
Run down a scenario if people are confused
>alarm wakes you up at 7am
>lights know you wake up at this time, automatically turn on but dimmed to not hurt your eyes
>coffee machine downstairs begins brewing coffee
>Front door unlocks while you sit in front of it putting your shoes on
>locks after closing
>lights turn off when they know you've left
>thermostat lowers the AC/Heating since you've left

HAMR drives, will increase hard drive capacity hugely in the next few years.

Affordable 3d printers for personal use

do you know any books on IoT programming? itll probably be useful to learn

i just want a job when i finish school ;-;

hard drives with a capacity over 1gb

lcd displays

portable battery powered computers

> 98% of people have immune response to CRISPR. Also, CRISPR and similar techniques can't target specific cells. Gonna take >10 years and something else than CRISPR to solve

You're a faggot that doesn't know shit. Immune response issue has already been worked around.

thirding sexbots. sex drives industry

apple and google have both released 2nd versions of ar sdks for ios and android. 10 years is plenty of time for ar to kick into high gear. remember, 11 years ago there were no app stores, and look at the entire app store ecosystem that developed in less than 10 years.

i think he means a washing machine that folds your clothes after washing and drying them.

ps: fuck recaptcha for talling me to find all cars and then they show me a square with a truck in it and it won't let me continue until i click the truck. you fucking said "cars', bitch!!!

And you're telling me I can have all this barely significant convenience, PLUS the worry that the project will shut down and my home will become useless for a bargain price of just $49,999?
Sign me up!

Banks and institutions have already dropped the blockchain, get with the news.

Attached: 1321821834667.jpg (288x396, 59K)

kudos for the high-effort post user

1GB? No way, that's like 700 floppy disks. Get serious.

They will probably make it easier for men to get laid with actual women, too.

Attached: sexbots.png (535x1312, 106K)

mold used as a technology for constructing things in industry?
>maybe not in 10 years though

net to brain interfaces? similar to the way that adhd and variants is treated.
>eeg machine, sit down, when system detects that you're focusing game creates rewards

why not replace your brain with a machine
why not replace your feelings with a creature in your chest that feels for you instead
why even live at all

isn't this just an excuse for people becoming dumber day by day

oops forgot turning off the light
oops forgot my key again
where is my brain lol (staring at smartphone)

making things more convenient is ok

but when I watch at people nowadays, it wouldn't hurt them to do some labor to do for themselves instead of getting there ass wiped and having a toilet under every chair they sit on

if they would use there free time to do great things, ok
but this is not the reality of nowadays
I think it just furthers the case of getting more and more out of touch with reality and their own selves

>15 Technologies in the next 10 year
I'll be honest and give you 5 technologies that you will want but won't have:
>cure for balding
>cure for dental problems
>cure for ageing in general
>cure for retardation (it's only going to get worse)
>neural interfaces or cheap space travel (sorry, Elon)

Write about the applications of Pi Josephson junctions and how they are set to replace transistors.

high quality reply

10 years is a pretty short time, but I'll try.

FullHD or better will be the most common resolution, and will displace 1366x768 even in budget laptops
HDR will somewhat common and decently supported.
Aerospike engines might be developed into state where they're practically usable (that an actual rocket that uses them will be developed within that same time frame is IMO not very likely tho)
Antiferromagnetic memory cells in consumer hardware (very fast and very resistant to magnetic fields and radiation, I think). Might take few more years than 10.
I'd say that we'll get good mainstream x86 alternative, but that's not gonna happen.
Windows will fix the bug where upon tying first character into control panel search box, the search box looses focus.
gnome bug no. 141154 will be resolved fixed.

You'd have a hell of a job making a photon based processor considering the feature size in your CPU die would be many times smaller than the wavelength of the light. You're basically begging for diffraction effects which would mess you up.

this user here again

>>Lab made meat
>Can only make short muscle fibers because they need force applied to grow. No way to make fat marbling. No solution in sight.

What if we put small electrical impulses into the muscles with a weight on the end to make them do a constant arm curl workout for the duration of the growing. That would atleast increase the mass. Not sure how to fix the fat marbling though.

>>CRISPR
>98% of people have immune response to CRISPR. Also, CRISPR and similar techniques can't target specific cells. Gonna take >10 years and something else than CRISPR to solve

Maybe they'll figure out what's causing the immune response, it's already amazing that we can even edit dna.

Never lose hope, it'll happen sooner than you think. Hepatitis C was thought to be incurable unless you were filthy rich (with interferon injections for a very long time) and now with a single round of treatment (harvoni and a different one that I forgot the name of) that has a 90-100% of curing every subversion of the disease and its even covered by medicare over here I think.

Damn I forgot about that tech, I was suprised to hear we're using helium in harddrives now. I remember reading about that years before and was like pff yeah right nerds whatever. Imagine my suprise to see 12+ TB drives that have helium inside to stop the spinning rust from catching fire.

I laughed

I'm still waiting for custom synthetic humanoids. I want my pet catgirls.

Thanks

Well if we need to make it a little bigger (think the cartridge cpu's from the P2-P3 era) for a massive increase in performance then I wouldn't mind honestly. Even better if we can get them to run on PCI-express type of interfaces so we can stack like 8 of the fuckers next to eachother for a portable supercomputer. On the other hand I've wanted PCI-express ARM cpu cards for ages now and I still haven't seen them.

You have a very poor understanding of nutrition. Meal replacement powders are a bad idea for long-time use for multiple reasons.

>deep learning
>not DarkLearning
this is why you will never be rich. You don't know how to meme normies.

A basic artificial intelligence designed solely for the purpose of talking to lonely losers on the internet.

kek

>A basic artificial intelligence designed solely for the purpose of talking to lonely losers on the internet.
that was tayAI and they unplugged her mere hours after her birth.