Give me good linux distro

> not arch (or arch like)
> not void or gentoo
> minimal
> build it your own installer (like all previously mentioned distros)
> can rice
> has good amount of packages in package manager
> no systemd
> all basic functions like browsing the web and programming work
> open source (just in case it isnt)

Attached: 1538694803973.png (1024x436, 153K)

slackware

/thread

this or devuan netinstall

mx linux
>debian based
>xfce
>suite of custom utilities
>systemd replaced with sysvinit
>"midweight"

Bedrock. You can use any init you want and any package manager you want, plus it will only give you the bare minimum out the box

Attached: 5713885.png (110x110, 1K)

They are also releasing a new version before the end of the year that will change a lot of things.

Stop being a faggot and use arch

guixsd

this
slackware is the only non-edgy autistic distro because it came long before debian came into existence

>long before debian
>This first Slackware release, version 1.00, was distributed on 17 July 1993 at 00:16:36 (UTC),[1]
>The Debian Project was started by Ian Murdock on August 16, 1993, Debian 0.01 was released on September 15, 1993,[7] and the first stable version, 1.1, was released on June 17, 1996.[8]
>a month is "long before"

>there are people out there who haven't yet discovered the unparalleled gloriousness and beauty that is guixsd

Attached: rms1339634664756.jpg (3504x2336, 2.7M)

arch uses systemd now

crux

I see slackware mentioned a lot as better than debian. Why should I switch to it from debian? I like debian because it just werks and has lots of packages, but systemd is starting to piss me off and has caused me a few problems

Right now I would switch to devuan, btw

>what is artix

>doesn't know that the official release of Slackware came roughly a year after pats SLS fork was already around
Also if the Linux kernel only started getting out to people in 1991 then in only 3 years, about a year of time IS long before relatively speaking

Literally devuan

CRUX

For devuan I installed the amd firmware but it still feels laggy, however everything else is perfect. With KDE it looks nicer than most OSes.