/prog/ petition thread

We need /prog/!
We don't want hardwarelets in our board who just watch youtube videos.

Show how much we (real programmers) need /prog/.

Attached: 20181103_221002.jpg (1046x754, 103K)

Other urls found in this thread:

glot.io/
dis.tinychan.org/prog/
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Lainchan
archive.tinychan.org/prog/all
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Was going to say we should name it /c/, but it already exists. Anime/cute, seriously? This site is fucked beyond repair.

cringe

Kill yourself.

yikes

We fucking had /prog/ and it was a text board and it was glorious.

You're too much a newfag to remember it. Please go back to r3ddit.

Petition it on

>being proud that he wasted more time in a mongolian ant farming forum

you reek of newfaggotery, kys

/prog/ but like glot.io/

See

Yes! I like progressive rock too.

As a professional developer I can't relate to anything on this board in the first place.
/dpt/ is strictly puzzles and hobby programming, /wdg/ is beginners trying to get a web dev job without a degree.
Professionals either don't come here or if they do they discuss their work elsewhere.
So I'm not sure what kind of content you would have for a /prog/.
A board full of solving fizzbuzz in haskell and "what are some resources to learn php" questions doesn't sound very fun.

>As a professional developer
stopped reading right there

Attached: 3855383857.png (680x680, 124K)

what are some resources to learn php?

Came here to post this.

No, we need a /mob/ile board for all the phoneposters and newfags like to go suck each other's dick there.

Kek this.

Where do you know that he used a phone?

You can check the user agent string with JS

if( /Android|webOS|iPhone|iPad|iPod|BlackBerry|IEMobile|Opera Mini/i.test(navigator.userAgent) ) {
console.log ("you're on a mobile device!");
} else {
console.log ("you're probably on a desktop. Who knows... user agent strings can be modified.");
}

I'm a js code artisan software engineer and you're lying!

Don't believe me? Run the code in your browser

there's like 4 of them already and they're all dead, lurk more.

Please, bitch. I don't have enough socks for a dedicated board.

Attached: 165r65465e45677.jpg (300x224, 14K)

I miss the text boards.

that's gonna be a YIKES from me, sweaty!

/prog/ is dead, long live /prog/!

would be cool, much slower but with more quality threads.

/c/ is the best board of Jow Forums.

Yeah, bring back /prog/
Fuck moot for killing textboards

ONE WORD, FORCED INDENTATION OF CODE.
THREAD OVER.

I miss [spoiler]/prog/[/spoiler] so much.

Please. This board should be renamed to Jow Forums - Consumer Technology.

it should be /prog/ you fucking tranny

just use /dpt/ you faggots

/prog/ already existed as a text board before they were removed. It was full of pure shitposting.

there are barely any programming threads on this board outside of the programming general
you're a minority too small for your own board living as migrants on a consumer electronics board

there is a prog textboard
dis.tinychan.org/prog/

The "I'm from Reddit" starter pack.

I forgot that place existed. It doesn't even look that dead.

no. the solution is to create "/gg/ - Technology General" where all the faggots can fuck off with there /general/ shit which has made Jow Forums unbearable without filters.

Weebism is mental illness btw.

>Not knowing about lainchan
They have a pretty comfy community for DIYers and Programmers. Get in on it and try not to newfag too fucking hard.

>lainchan
>It turned out that nearly everyone on the moderation team were under the age of 20. The reason for revealing themselves was in an effort to get people to buy stickers and donate to the site moderation. This included a live stream with the owner, an underage wannabe /cuteboys/ poster literally whoring himself by jerking off on camera. The former owner of Lainchan, Kalyx was also under the age of 18 (believed to be 14 at the time)
>On the 10th of April, 2017, Lainchan experienced a massive data purge. kalyx wiped the host servers hard drives down to the OS level (apparently "for the lulz")
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Lainchan
don't spam your shitty chan faggot

cute

>lainchan
LARP hell and who cares about your shitty meme anime?

everyone know about that shithole dude there's a reason it's still dead after all these years

>petition
Where can I sign?

Dont you think thats where OP got the idea from in the first place?

how about /cs/?

>tfw no /gf/ - gnu/freedom

I'd actually love this
Jow Forums is all consumerism
I'd like a board where its more "Look at this dumb python project I did " or "Look at my web app" or "How do i land a dev internship?"

It's not the same

Doesn't even have to be a text board. Just a cozy place for us. :3

based and redpilled

/prog/ NOW

>yes I will bite

kalyx doesn't own lainchan anymore, appleman does. kalyx wiped the site because he's an asshole attention whore underageb& faggot who couldn't stand getting no attention for his apple products and programming sock selfies after he sold the site, so he fucked everything up in the same way that a toddler starts breaking your things in the middle of a tantrum. If you're gonna bitch about lainchan, at least do it with facts instead of warping the truth with willful omissions just to make an argument. Also they're called "imageboards", not "chans" you fucking redditor.

Attached: 1536528756456.jpg (960x594, 44K)

this

I think you're looking for reddit.com

Yeah, ever since I started working in the industry I've come to realize why I even come here so much better, it's just great entertainment to see so many people shitting out claims that reek of ignorance.

good in theory but the board culture is too focused on general and pseudo-general threads

when /prog/ is created you will have a whole board to get new pics from!

Attached: .jpg (3264x1840, 1.26M)

>arch
>hachikuji
pic related

Attached: 075.jpg (680x383, 28K)

Who is this girl?, user

So.. are you saying it should be called /fizz/ instead?

her name is Anonymous
coincidentally, this one has the same name too...
i wonder if they're somehow related

Attached: .jpg (526x296, 30K)

I have never see thoes pics before...

the 4chin hackers need a board too
+1 vote for prog

Vertical infinity chan has /prog/

Maybe you should get some programming socks and take a few pictures of your own, user!

Attached: .jpg (3567x1417, 1.97M)

As a 'lurker' that hangs around this board mostly for hardware and shit,
I would much prefer if programmers themselves had a seperate board of their own. That way, any programming discussions can usually congregate over there, and there won't be so much jargon that clogs up the board for tech illiterates.

I am 90% sure thats a faggot foot.

>and there won't be so much jargon that clogs up the board for tech illiterates.
The state of Jow Forums in 201current year +1

Seething newfags.

None of you understood why he
made that remark about the "Anime/Cute" board. The "Anime/Cute" board (and the "Yuri" board) is supposed to contain waifufags and yurifags because they regularly spam template threads and generals on /a/, and those threads have literally no discussions whatsoever, so it degrades the quality of /a/. Not to mention, waifufags and yurifags are mentally ill and extremely paranoid too.
Mods never enforce rules unless a post or thread offends them, so there's no point in having those two containment boards for yurifags and waifufags, because mods aren't doing their jobs and moving the trash on /a/ to /c/ and /u/.

It would be better if they removed the "Anime/Cute" board, and replaced it with "Coding" because /c/ sounds better than /prog/.
Actually, on a second thought, it would be better if they did their fucking jobs and got rid of shill threads, desktop threads and hardware thread wars on Jow Forums, instead of fragmenting Jow Forums into different boards.

Attached: 1541367618424.jpg (724x1024, 89K)

"Coding" is a fucking awful name. That's the term that low-tier shiteaters use.
I am a computer programmer, not a code-shitter.

You're also projecting awfully hard about that post.

No, he is not. Yurifags and waifufags are severely autistic and schizophrenic. You are clearly ignorant about those two groups. I suggest you do a little bit of research before throwing ad hominems.

this is the content you'd have: archive.tinychan.org/prog/all

I agree that yurifags are the worst, but nothing about the original post implied anything of the sort.

The purpose of Anime/Cute is to contain waifufags because they spam template threads and generals on /a/. Mods don't move and delete their garbage on /a/, in fact, the mods encourage users to spam template threads and generals on /a/, which means the Anime/Cute board is useless because it has failed to contain waifufags.

/prog/ still continues user, looks like you were not invited

>the purpose of /c/ is a containment board
/c/ has been around since the first week you fucking retard and the purpose is and has always been to post cute anime pictures.

hax my anus

My little sister. I repasted that X220T of hers the very day she took this pic, it was a pain in the ass, because I had to take her entire laptop apart. Who thought putting the cooler under the mobo was a good idea? Also, stripped screws are a pain.
It is, I guess you're too dense to notice estrofem pills on the side (as well as barely visible androcur).

Have a blurry meme pic that I've never posted here before.

Attached: haskell.jpg (1931x1300, 943K)

The purpose of /c/ is to contain waifufags because they spam template threads and generals on /a/, and there's no discussion in those threads because they are always dumping pictures and repeating the same posts over and over again.

> /c/ has been around since the first week
ok? why are you waifufags so fucking stupid?

>/c/ was created to be a containment board for posts in a board that didn't exist yet when it was created
this is what you actually believe, retard.

/c/ was made before /a/, but the purpose of /c/ changed. Why are you still pretending it's 2003?

This whole site needs to be redone with sub-boards you find at the top of each main board. Wouldn't even be that hard, you could just have the /gdesktop/ /gpcbuild/ /gphone/ board links only appear on Jow Forums.

> /gdesktop/
/wg/
/trash/
>/gpcbuild/
/v/
/b/
>/gphone/
same as above

If you want reddit, then go there.

>Jow Forums - programming socks
I'd be fine with it, as it's pretty much the only bearable thing on this board.

I would like a /prog/ just to have a dedicated Rust thread.

There is already one on

>what's that you didn't notice my mentally ill pills on my desk ? Wow so dense.

>I'm a js code artisan software engineer and you're lying!
So you copy paste code

If you're unsure about something, checking whether someone is leaving clues around is a sane thing to do, silly.
I would post more pics, but I'm about to head to bed, and I don't feel like messing with GIMP again to optimize pics for Jow Forums.

me~!

best distro and best girl!

Attached: kluchonogi v3 kolejne maskotki z biedry edition.jpg (1840x3264, 1.5M)