Does installing pic related on your phone really remove the botnet completely? Has it been audited?

Does installing pic related on your phone really remove the botnet completely? Has it been audited?

Attached: lineage os.png (1200x800, 11K)

Yes. I personally did it myself.

No android is forever botnet

How do you know it's botnet free though?

By not being a brainlet

I mean the botnet part of android are gapp services. Which do not come installed.

>what are proprietary blobs

Learn to write properly, faggot.

>"removing botnet"
>a device that can easily be tracked via GPS or cell phone signal

Ask yourself this, has your phone hardware been audited?

It really depends on your definition of botnet. Android may still have code to call home to Google and I believe the default browser is Chromium based. There are proprietary blobs in LineageOS but I believe no phone is 100% free yet because of the required proprietary WiFi/4G drivers. Finally, unless you are in airplane mode, your phone will still contact cell towers that can track your position. Cellphone companies regularly send usage data and GPS data to authorities. You cannot disable this without being in airplane mode. Have fun!

Android is open source but all smarthones have proprietary drivers (camera, wifi and others) that are not open source and could track you.
On top of that, google services definitely track you, you can use android without google, that means no play store, no google maps, no youtube and no any other google app. there are open source alternatives but some are not as convenient.
even if you manage to compile your own version of android without google and only using FOSS apps you still have the problem of the carrier tracking you with their antennas, there's nothing you can do about it.

No, even lineage has blob
Better than stock android

No, it does not replace the baseband.

The Google one yeah but not the baseband (is. GSM) one
In some cases, like Samsung, you get an extra unremovable botnet in the baseband, in Samsung's case it's called Samsung Knox

i can't believe it's 2018 and there isn't a decent alternative for a smartphone OS.
android and ios are both spying garbage, windows phone is dead and was also botnet
ubuntu phone, dead
firefoxOS dead

does symbian still work? a nokia n95 is about 40$

no, they integrate parts o fthe google api into the OS.

they also disabled cert spoofing so you can't easily use a 3rd party google api replacement.

>removing botnet
No it stays here forever. Plus the developers of lineage do not support microg so they are practically encouraging botnet.

>he's never heard of Sailfish
>he's never heard of UB ports

Attached: 1540152326959.jpg (419x400, 28K)

yeah, never heard of them.

what's with the retarded attitude?

>thinking his short sightedness allows him immunity from mockery
do some fucking homework you retarded zoomer

Why support anti feature, do they support gapps?

>want to install os for the express purpose of escaping the botnet
>Gapps
user...

Attached: 20181104_003316.jpg (530x448, 67K)

It's open source

No android is 100% botnet free though.
There's non-free firmware and modem/sim fuckery that's closed source. Nothing we can really do until open source hardware + basebands/GSM and all that become mainstream.

Installing microg is as bad, stop using malware

>using the same picture in two different threads within a short interval of time
camouflaged phone poster spotted

Man I regret installing Lineage on my S7E. Samshit may be bloat but at least it has a decent feature base.

Replicant is libre and free. You could also wait for the Purism 5 meme.

>2018
>still believing botnet is bad
Just learn to accept it, anons

> Does installing pic related on your phone really remove the botnet completely? Has it been audited?

If you install it and you *don't* install gapps, yes.