What's a better way to watch anime than manually going into a folder, waiting for the hard drive to load the file list...

What's a better way to watch anime than manually going into a folder, waiting for the hard drive to load the file list, then double clicking to open in mpv?

>Plex
>Sign In
>*cringe*

Attached: anime list.png (490x546, 38K)

Going into folder, opening episode, then dragging others to mpv to make a playlist

cracking emby premium sounds like a fun way to spend a few hours

Making my own anime out of feces smeared on the walls of the local sushi restaurant

Don't watch anime faggot

Use a media server

this_goes_in_to_my_cringe_folder.mkv

Maintaining a database of your episodes+paths then using libmpv to play the filename.

Watching it with svp 4 makes the wait worth

>waiting for the hard drive to load the file list
>spinning rust drives in 2018
Found your problem. All mine is on a NAS with SSD and RAM caching and it takes next to no time to load.

There's also start menu searching, so I can just type part of the name of the show and the episode number and it finds it.

use taiga

Neato for you

I don't think Linux has a remote FS search cache. You're not using Windows, are you?

The client is windows, but what I meant was the server is running ZFS so it's excellent with caching.

mpv is a meme

>Attack on Titan

At least you aren’t a goblin slayer fan

use search function lmao

???????

plex is aids. tried it. went back to nfs mounting my server drives on my notebook/desktop to watch shit.

If you're only watching on a local network then you don't need to sign in.
Why was it aids?

What about good old Kodi?

I've heard the emby guys are douchebags so I'd rather not use their shit

Drag all episodes and drop them onto mpv.exe or an open mpv window??????

> manually going into a folder
You'd be shocked, but not every device supports "folders".

this

Kodi

I just set my hard drives to never spin down in Power Management. I guess this may wear them out faster, but... I have hard drives from 2008 that still work doing this.

kodi

Where do you download your animes?

mpv with autoload.lua

Buying the Blu-rays you fuckin thief.

wut
and is that fucking mpv on WINBLOWS

kissanime

>watch non-gay-anime shit on my phone, streamed from my desktop and transcoded into a bandwidth friendly bitrate on the fly
>can pause and pick up where i left off when I get home on any device.
>auto updates metadata, subtitles and cover art
>can stream to shield, xbox and firetv.

This is what true comfy feels like. Enjoy dragging your files into your browser.

BTN

How you do this?

for episode in ~/rtorrent/downloads/Mahoutsukai\ no\ Yome/*; do mpv "$episode"; done

...and we're off until the morning.

Attached: yuno_gasai_chibi___mirai_nikki_cute_yandare_by_kirameanskiller-d5zrfob.png (1024x1024, 693K)

rm -rf /animu_folder/

Stop being manchild and grow up

Why not simply mpv ~/rtorrent/Mahoutsukai\ No\ Yome
Sounds like bad practice to keep it directly in the root.

i just say "alexa: play (show name) episode (number)"

> alexa
> these people post on Jow Forums
I'm at loss of words.

p-p-plex.tv

Sorry stallman, now back to your pedo-anime kind sir.

>Why not simply
Didn't know mpv could do that. Thnx

roll yourself up in blankets like a burrito, get out phone, and then play anime on media server.

Drag the whole folder into the playlist in MPCHC and then clicking on the episode you want

>not using an SSD in 2000 + 18

Kill yourself, holy shit.

What do you mean, better way? That's the fucking best with a wireless keyboard on the bed. Just do what you described and hit the next video button on mpv to continue watching.

Attached: confused Alicia.png (194x214, 44K)