Nanosecond latency

>nanosecond latency
>superior colors
>superior video games
Why did we abandon superior tech again?

Attached: 1533869486646.jpg (1280x960, 331K)

scanlines, power consumption, physical size

Scanlines are a good thing though.

because they were heavy and hueg as fuck (*I slam my lead lined monitor on the table and put on my fingerless gloves, ready to pwn these n00bs*) and produced enough heat to make a small room warm. you're going to find that a lot of technological advances are 2 steps forward 1 step back.

Because I've never enjoyed a non-Nintendo console more than, or even on the same level as, a PC game in my life; consoles merely served as bridges to friends in my youth.
also
>implying consoles have less latency than a dedicated PC
hmmm...

op is clearly talking about crt monitors and not console vs pc

God I miss Ar Tonelico

Didn't plasma screens have low latency too?

Back then bigger screen = better screen. The flat craze rode that real well helped greatly by the fact consumer crt tvs as well as signal standard were shit.
The rest is FUD and shilling for chinkshit lcd factories.

>Didn't plasma screens have low latency too?
In theory yes, in reality they were hideous because of how they did image processing.

Power hungry as fuck.

why do you think that

NPCs see something really slim that they can hang on the wall of their normie houses and their mind prints "buy this thing"

power consumption and weight is such a pedestrian complaint.

we adopted an inferior experience because our ape muscles can't move a box that is almost always remains in one spot and electric prices regressed technologically to being more expensive.

LCDs are basically an admission that we can't afford the future.

Convenience > Quality
Look at almost any point in time where there has been two formats competing. The more convenient option always wins out.
No one bought LCD because the quality was clearly superior its because if you wanted a big screen you didn't have to get something that weighed half a ton. Along with other advantages

Your ignoring all the other issues that CRTs had besides just the weight and power
Low brightness even from the start
Convergence issues
Phosphor degradation

A good way to stop this is to stop Donald Trump

>480p only
>flickering crap
>xrays
>lead poisoning

Lol I wonder why people trashed them.

>power consumption
Power consumption is the biggest meme of all.
Like people care about their CRT consumption when they drive a 1.5ton vehicle and have AC turned on 24/7 at home

They actually do and don't. It's a rationalization and tribalism thing.

Bad for your sight

Nobody wants to cube their shipping costs to satiate some autistic obsession over picture quality. KYS

Where does the myth come from that late CRTs were completely analog and did not touch the signal in any way?

Why? He's against chink chit. LCDs are chink, CRTs were made all over the world.

>It's another OP has his nostalgia glasses on edition.
oh boy...

I was so spoiled by my CRT monitors growing up. I think for quite a few years I used 2048x1536 as my desktop resolution. Everything was so clear on that 19" display. Black levels were good, I remember distinctly because I switched to an LCD not knowing any better right around the time DOOM 3 came out.

Maybe MicroLED panels will finally be a true successor when they hit the market. The companies manufacturing them expect them to be cheaper to produce than OLED, and they don't have issues with image retention, or burn in. Fingers crossed they actually end up in monitors instead of just xboxhueg TVs.

i miss their high pitch whine

>implying the lcd cartels that killed plasma won't off memeled too if it threatens their market share
>BURN IN
>SHORT LIFE
>ENVIRONMENTALLY DANGEROUS
>DEADLY

That might happen, legitimately always a possibility. In this instance though some of the biggest LED panel producers are backing MicroLED. That possibly indicates the market being ready to switch to the newer technology. We had decades of them shoving 1366x768 dirt cheap panels into tens of millions of laptops. They can't keep it up forever and they know it.

Dear god that looks awful. What's with the scanlines and blurriness everywhere?

Are you talking about CRTs? What are some good ones?

I didn't. But the mainstream did because of size, weight, and power consumption. CRTs will always have a place in the workplace of enthusiasts, but I don't think the quality of flat panels should be completely ignored in favor of CRTs. The advantages flat panels had in their day were so important to the mainstream that people overlooked the terrible drawbacks. Because of the obvious advantages, modern flat panels can get fairly close to CRTs in terms of color reproduction, response time, and obviously refresh rate. Who knows, maybe one day a company will start producing limited production pinnacles of CRT technology for enthusiasts in the future. Could be an interesting time.

Attached: IMG_20181020_222031_172.jpg (2704x2704, 2.23M)

>Girl Power
What does it do?

As somebody who once carried a 32 inch CRT up to an apartment, fuck CRTS.

CRT properties have been replicated or closely approximated in recent years. OLED panels have been in professional use for a number of years now.
The big one that LCDs have lagged behind in is in flat pixel response. Nothing except OLED has been able to come close to CRT.
Sony has had some very high quality 10bit OLED panels with super fast pixel response. They have incredible color accuracy as well. Their real Achilles heel is lifespan and price.

I doubt CRT will ever enter production again. To produce a modern wide screen tube would be pretty intensive in tooling costs as nobody has it any more. Its not like every CRT was the same quality either. Cheap CRTs and Pro level CRTs were still a world apart which is really paramount in this whole argument.

Our only hope on the horizon is MicroLED. We've really got nothing else except more run of the mill IPS and VA panels for the next decade.

Attached: LCD-OLED compare.jpg (1270x428, 135K)

I remember having a 75Ghz CRT monitor and it gave me severe headaches. Do not want.

Attached: 1521780164275.png (383x364, 139K)

What are some "Pro-level CRTs"?

Some of the Sony Trinitrons were absurdly good because they had lower pixel pitch than their competitors, they have fantastic colors, black levels. Their only issue was their size and weight. They had 24" and I think 30" wide screen CRT tubes way, way before such sizes were common.

gets you fired and/or makes you poorer

Do you think it's worth buying one, lad?

people are dumb and don't know how to calculate the amount of energy they use

are QLEDs any good?

>doom 3
>get surprising gift for my birthday few days after installing the game back in the day
>an lg flatscreen to replace my conveniently disposed off for the sake of desk space near perfect 19 inch trinitron

H E L L
E
L
L

I saw it.