New job requires frequent travel

>New job requires frequent travel
>have to settle for an overpriced gaming laptop
Does anyone else find the "REPUBLIC OF GAMERS" "Alienware" "Predator" "Omen" type aesthetics absolutely disgusting? I just want a plain fat workstation looking laptop not RGB LEDs and pointless styling that only 10 year olds could like.

Attached: budget-gaming-laptops-group-lowres-4134.jpg (630x420, 113K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2avXbTFsXBc
youtube.com/watch?v=AOb4ps8dzJ8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>I just want a plain fat workstation looking laptop not RGB LEDs and pointless styling that only 10 year olds could like.
get a zbook or a precision or a p series laptop then

Attached: aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cubGFwdG9wbWFnLmNvbS9pbWFnZXMvdXBsb2Fkcy81NDk1L2cvZGVsbC1nNy0xNS0wNDIuanBn.jpg (775x500, 63K)

Thenaybe get a workstation laptop then? Dell has latitudes and Lenovo has whatever current letter they assign it to

They look ugly but the worst part is that they run really fucking hot. You'll be lucky to get over a year out of them before some major issue pops up.

msi makes them but they charge more. gamer garbage actually lowered the price of workstation pcs significantly, be greatful

>pointless styling that only 10 year olds could like
Show us how many anime stickers are on your current laptop first

They are for 10 year olds.
>Happy Birthday Billy Zoomer, here's a new GAMING LAPTOP!
>F-fuck you mom! If you didn't get me Fortnite bux I'm going to break it into a billion pieces! WAAAHHHH

this, also clevo/tongfang

>work in a computer shop
>anyone who brings in MSI are kids and their parents
>half the time they are beaten to shit or broken
>"Little Zoomer tends to hit and punch it when he doesn't place below 40"

Attached: 1349158158642.gif (240x135, 2.73M)

>shit for 10 year olds is styled for 10 year olds
Woah...

What's your budget? Is your company paying for the laptop?

nah, some of these look fine
I agree you probably wouldn't want to show up with one of these to a business meeting though

Attached: original_1b30958b764079ca21db7f48f022c808.jpg (612x410, 59K)

Just don't play video games, you autistic faggot.

>no good AMD laptops
fug

Attached: e98.jpg (212x249, 5K)

Check HP gaming laptops

>tfw a friend of mine started studying to become a web dev
>tfw supermarket clerk sold him a $2000 Alienware saying that's the best value for programming
He's convinced he made the best choice. Then again he isn't very clever.

Xiaomi Mi gaming laptop.

No gamer aesthetics.

Attached: Xiaomi-Mi-Gaming-Laptop-07.jpg (1300x800, 63K)

That looks pretty okay, even as a general laptop. Does it have a removable battery? Is there a similar model without a dGPU? Are there AMD versions?

Get a Mac

>ThinkPad P52
>Thinkpad P1
>Thinkpad X1 Extreme

what's the fucking problem

youtube.com/watch?v=2avXbTFsXBc

>have to settle for an overpriced gaming laptop

What? No you dont

>niggerpads

Or you get a fucking thunderbolt enabled business laptop and a thunderbolt eGPU.

>Looks clean and professional, not gaymen tier
>Contains 1050ti/Quadro GPU/i7/Xeon
>Meets OPs criteria
>Yet it is a 'niggerpad'

Attached: usrs.jpg (513x510, 59K)

might as well wear a jewish star while you're at it

and what's the amazing alternative that you'd suggest, given that everything you don't like is infested with kikes and nigs?

>no good laptops

Attached: blur cat disgusted.jpg (540x540, 20K)

Origin makes some that don't look like gaymen rigs.

This. Use an external GPU if more power is required.

You have to open it to replace the battery but it's easy to do.
No version without a dGPU and no AMD version.

Attached: csm_xiaomi_mi_12_177d0116a9.jpg (738x554, 132K)

Okay, so let's address some points here because I am completely tired of seeing them.

1. Most laptops don't actually look like anything because they're not really designed to, so let's just get real and say you're bland as shit.That's fine, but you're bland as shit.
2. I don't know of a single laptop that has it that doesn't all you to turn off the keyboard backlighting.
3. If you have the money to buy a PROPER desktop replacement workstation, you have the money to get work on it to change it up.
4. There is no PROPER workstation that you're going to get that won't standout, let alone that if you're using a laptop in a place where such a thing would matter almost literally everyone is going to notice you and literally the only thing you can do to mitigate that is to buy a Macbook because it's pleb shit which plebs don't think twice about.

It always comes down to the same fucking things, you just don't know what you're talking about or your a fox-and-the-grapes poorfag. The only thing learning about tech has taught me is that no one truly knows anything about tech. It's fucking exhausting.

Ah well.
Good to know there are some remotely palatable laptops with decent internals that aren't shit compared to previous entries in the series.

just get a razer blade and buy a shill dbrand skin to cover the logo and you're fine

This!

Blade pro owner here, did the same thing and the offset trackpad is comfy for browsing and the lighting can be turned off completely.

Bought it to replace my desktop and because I'm always on the road, so I needed something I can travel with, no regrets on the purchase.

>gaymur trash is better

ThinkPad A285, or A485.

Modern 10-series laptops have desktop grade GPUs in them. The 10-series uses less power, and produces less heat, than all previous versions.

Dell fucking vostro

>>have to settle for an overpriced computer
>What? No you dont
Heres your new battlestation bro

Attached: index.jpg (280x180, 10K)

it's fucking disgusting
everything is so childish today in the west that it makes me want to puke all over myself
class and aesthetics are long gone
not one piece of entertainment is not defiled by this
not one

dell,
lenovo y530.
gigabutt.
msi.
xiaomeme.

you're just blind.

>I need a mobile workstation
ThinkPad P series

have significantly less battery life than their Intel counterparts. Apparently the good integrated graphics come at a price.
Wouldn't buy a Ryzen APU laptop until 7nm.

fuck me white kids are spoilt

gamer spotted

The only good option is an Extreme X1.

>t. razer shill
Razer peripherals are shit.
Razer stickers are shit
Razer headphones are shit.
Razer computers are shit.

If you want overpriced unreliable rubbish, then get Razer.
Razer is fucking shit.

As they should be.

>I just want a plain fat workstation looking laptop

My laptop is pretty plain, but it has an 8700K and a GTX 1080.

Attached: csm_MG_2237_5024aa0871.jpg (1622x1080, 192K)

this

>tfw white
>tfw raised in poverty in 3rd world country
>tfw experienced one of the worst shit you possibly could as a white

If I moved to america now I'd go on a killing spree and rid the states of tumblr users

Acer Aspire 7 is what you are looking for. Its basically gaming notebook with workstation astetics.

pls don't go on a shooting spree user, I'm sorry

that looks pretty damn top notch sexy

>white
>shooting spree
wow, way to be a stereotype.

double spotted

Lol, ever hear of a Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Extreme?

neck yourself traitor

>Web dev
No need to say that he's not very clever.

you mean bulletproofpads

my T60 survived a 4 foot drop onto concrete and was still running when i picked it up

love this meme, upvoted

There are plain Toshibas plenty powerful.

>You have to open it to replace the battery but it's easy to do.
I was looking into Xiaomi shit because i liked the way the internals looked regarding repair. The problem isn't replacing the battery, it's finding a battery to replace it with. I was searching for "xiaomi laptop model battery" on both ebay and aliexpress and coming up with zip. Are you supposed to be searching for the model number or some shit? Hard to replace a battery without a replacement battery.

Attached: 1534796939413.png (769x1000, 328K)

OP keep in mind, that good cpu and vga needs proper cooling system. Dont buy those office laptops,unless they have good cooling. And usualy those are bulky gaming laptops. Also you have to tell us you budget. More you can pay- more options you will have to chose from. Msi makes pretty slim laptops around 1150€

Idk. Some of this years ROG laptops are fairly anonymous. Standard non-mothership cabinets with only the logo giving it away.

>slav
>white

unironically get a thinkpad P50 or P70

Looks like a re-badged Clevo laptop chassis. Mine is the same but not as chunky and it's got a 1050 in it I believe, as well as an i7 and 16gb. (it came with 8 but I upped it to 16)

ah, the contra-contrarian!

There are no replacements because it is not old enough yet.

The battery life looks like shit though. I would get it used or the new gen though. Very excited, until then I'm sticking with the haswell incel.

Just get dell xps

I've had my lenovo y510p for over 5 years and it still works like a dream. Although the GPU is a bit old I could still play DS3 just fine. Also could play CEMU and played BOTW at 60fps. Build quality is also pretty great. Heat is an issue but the newer ones have 2 fans and some of the higher end laptops have liquid cooling.

They look fine af

Why is this so accurate? Is it common? When does it stop?

How much salt?

The gaming aesthetic is cool

nigga just use your x220 to ssh into your EBYN2 server

Why does the battery in a laptop matter so much? I can't remember the last time I used my laptop without it being connected to the charger.

If I wanted to shop for bricks, I'd go to Home Depot.

Eluktronics laptop

>1050ti is acceptable for gaming

They're trash, a 1060 or a 1070 max are the way to go on dGPU laptops for gaming

Pretty sure dell makes discreet gaming computers

w0t 1050ti is fine for 1080p gaming

1050ti is perfectly fine for 1080p gaming.
It won't do like ultra settings but it will do high 40-50fps on the most demanding of games

This vid gives example of what it can do(please excuse the music):
youtube.com/watch?v=AOb4ps8dzJ8

>putting stickers on your laptop
not gonna make it

not op but ok

Attached: 806022355_72108.jpg (1280x960, 178K)

buy an m6800, slap a good screen in it and buy a GTX 1080 MXM for it. Boom, done.

fucking SNAP

>running games at ultra on a laptop
Man, I would just be happy at low-medium. Anything higher is overkill. Also just get a desktop if you want to play high end games, I would rather throw something like quake or some random rpg on a laptop to keep me entertained.

Can you actually upgrade an M6800 all the way to a 1080? All the sources I've looked at online usually list the 980m or the M5000m as the upper limit for upgrading, with one example mentioning getting a P5000 working on it.

Workstation GPUs do not perform well in games.

Just paint it pink with white accents. This will not only rectify any design shortcomings, it will make it the raddest and unironically best looking laptop wherever you bring it. Solid black is for closet BDSM cuckolds.

This, and many other sticker thread gems, are why you can safely ignore any Jow Forums poster's opinion on aesthetics in hardware, although props for not giving off vibes that you have one of the rotating 12ch replacements bookmarked, like most people's laptops here imply

>This, and many other sticker thread gems, are why you can safely ignore any Jow Forums poster's opinion on aesthetics in hardware
what if i tell you i wish that dell still made laptops with the latitude exx00/10 design?

Lenovo x230.

good luck befriending 12 year olds on your trips