Password managers

what do you think of pass?

I left Apple (no more Keychain) and am using FreeBSD now but I don’t want to use jew LastPass what are my options Jow Forums? also inb4 use gentoo

what are you using?

Attached: image.jpg (640x640, 141K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/mayfrost/guides/blob/master/PRIVACY.md
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This is a boy.

about those password managers though

Enpass.

Working pretty well for me.

how long have you been using it? why’d you pick it?

Attached: image.jpg (1024x768, 314K)

Well, price. It's free for the desktop app, then you just pay per mobile platform for lifetime ownership.

It's self hosted, that is you can have it hosted on Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, Box, WebDAV etc. It's a pretty smooth and it just works. Additionally you can set it up with a SMB share.

The encryption is done locally, no phoning home. It supports finger print access for vaults and it's pretty good about the way it segments things.

It just suited my use case. It also supported some import tools I needed (i.e. I could suck the info out of Firefox with some fucking about).

They're working on a new version of clients, which apparently pretty shit house, but the current version is great. Certainly can't hurt to have a play.

I use keepass, OP.
It's nice, but I have to think about the syncing process myself. No cloud sync.
About pass, I dunno, it may be cool, but at the time I found out about pass, I already had ~80 passwords in my keepass database.

What sort of functionality are you looking for?

I was using KeePass before I moved properly to Enpass. It was pretty good, but just didn't have the support for the platforms I was using.

Which platforms were those? I use mine with
>Android
>Debian
>Windaz

So....?

It works with all of them, the apps are just behind in terms of features and functions.

Enpass has autofill in Android, browsers and in Windows. Just stuff like that.

I'm using it on Windows, OSX, Linux, Firefox and Android.

Keepasa2android also supports autofill

*Keepass2Android

Cool. Didn't went I was looking.

He can draw his own conclusions.

oh thank fuck i felt weird about my boner at first

Why did you leave Apple's Keychain? I've never tried it so I'm asking.

Anyways my advice is BitWarden, open source, free, cross-platform, noice.

pen + notebook

you're making this sound really nice, i'll have to look into it.

nothing crazy, i need something that securely stores my passwords, doesn't phone home to another service, and if it has a browser integration that's a plus.

Suppose that: you want to make a password a string of 20 characters including numbers, special characters, upper and lower case letter

And suppose that you're not an idiot and that if you're this into privacy you have cookie and history autodelete because you're not using botnet Firefox.

Imagine now how much would it take to log-in into each fucking account everytime you try to live on the internet.

Where did u get this pic of me

>David Bowie in the background

While they can try, it's difficult for a non-autistic person to actually image being on the spectrum because of the odd importance placed on repetition of daily tasks.
If you're going to log in every day, keep the login session cookies.

Anyone ever user Dashlane?

Bitwarden

I been trying Firefox sync, not sure if I'll stick with it though. Trying to migrate away from Chrome

Bitwarden. It's FOSS, but new. Has almost all the features and convenience of it, even supports lastpass import. It's free, but I buy pro to support the dev.

Use only open sauce & not infrastructure-as-a-service-cloud synced botnet password managers.

The various implementations of keepass are the obvious choice. Couple with syncthing or something for sync.

github.com/mayfrost/guides/blob/master/PRIVACY.md

kpcli > pass

Attached: kpcli.png (1280x720, 29K)

>5k+ lines of perl
no thanks