WHERE MY VSCODE NIBBAS AT

WHERE MY VSCODE NIBBAS AT

Attached: serveimage.png (512x510, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.notepad-plus-plus.org/index.php/Plugin_Central
uvviewsoft.com/cudatext/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

VSCode is for faggots, who think implementing an IDE in a browser is a good idea.

>implementing an IDE
It doesn't though.

The last few releases have been buggy. The problems panel has several different annoying bugs in 1.28.2.

Hell, the problems panel is bugged in a different way with pretty much every release.

Remember to use VSCodium so that all of Microsoft is stripped out as much as possible!

Here

Attached: 1541280796478.jpg (897x655, 482K)

>not using vim on gnu/linux and notepad++ on Windows

Get the fuck off my board.

>vim
How does it feel to be homosexual?
Use Emacs or acme

Attached: emacslogo.png (604x519, 43K)

yo

Attached: 1536671108114.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

Daily reminder that there's a vim addon for VSCode.

Also, how the fuck do I get the C++ syntax highlighting to cooperate with g++? It's giving me red underlines for thing that are from the fucking standard library, like std::string.

here

daily reminder to use Exploration branch because it includes Electron 3.0 which runs on v8 6.6

>writing IDE in JS
ISHYGDDT

Attached: 1476850188078.jpg (573x681, 47K)

fpbp

Attached: 1540731500565.png (1217x1015, 708K)

Cringe and green pilled

Attached: Untitled.png (762x809, 74K)

Here, the UI is super nice, good marketplace of extensions and the integrated terminal is really handy

Holy shit I never knew that came out of the box. Im off to try it now.
Im back. God I love emacs.

*microsoft spying intensifies*

It's open source, how paranid could you *possibly* be?

This thread is about text editors, not operating systems.

see

Checking inn, vscode is the best text editor for non-autists

The binary you can download from Microsoft is proprietary.

Just like all binaries on the planet, compile from source you nitwit.

LMAO who uses VSCODE?
Just use Notepad++
vscode is a copy of it anyway

Nopepad++ doesn't have the same addons or interface

LMAO

addons: docs.notepad-plus-plus.org/index.php/Plugin_Central
pic linked is the interface
atleast use it before you claim such stupid things

Attached: notepad.png (1361x749, 443K)

it even has a function outline, split pages, multiple cursors. MS just copied it and slapped typescript all over it.

Yikes, that looks awful

Or you can just install Code Runner

what's objectively the best/coolest font and color theme to use?

I bet you code in HTML and CSS

Attached: VS.png (25x24, 1K)

I'm using VSchromium

Source Code Pro, Railscasts

>uses Vim extension in VSCodium
nothing personnel kid

does vscodium get updated regularly?

Absolute shit.

>code
>HTML and CSS
your bait is effective. good job.

I use it only for Go development and generic text stuff.
For PHP and Rust I got PhpStorm and CLion.

Attached: crystalia_g_38738844_411128659411820_8747189506668494848_n.jpg (1080x1080, 68K)

Have started to move to Sublime Text 3 after my VS code debugging got all fucked up

>Yikes

Attached: JERRY.gif (267x200, 307K)

Blue brah chad brappin in

Attached: 4E89C39D-2AC7-4C70-B8F7-92A3A44BC8F3.jpg (1280x720, 72K)

uvviewsoft.com/cudatext/
The only editor you need.

I actually do, is too

>one copy of VSC

Attached: file.png (859x960, 325K)

So far yeah, usually on same day of stable release too depending on what needs to be removed from the new addendums MS made. The GitHub repo is also set for most distros to automatically push an rpm or deb on the same minute.

VS Code + Typescript is comfy af

I would actually use it if it was Microsoft free and made in qt

VsCode + Python + ES2015+ is comfy

Fuck your Typescript.

That looks disgusting and nothing like visual studio code. Enjoy having useless OS GUI elements all over your shit.

Nigga looks like a videogame character, what the fuck did they do to his face

YOU dumb fuck, you can change any part of it, hide those "annoying gui". Like the lines, window frames, literally any aspect of it. Move and do whatever you want. it just requires you to actually try, which is something you can't do.

>t. angry incel

>Electron

I don't really get the memes. For what I need it for, which is C#, it's great. I could use Rider instead, but that shit takes ages to load and takes up so much RAM I can't use Firefox at the same time. Inb4
>get more RAM
I tried, my motherboard refuses to boot if I put in more than one bone at a time, and I have no money for an upgrade. I think I'll unironically buy some super expensive gaming laptop once I have a job, just to avoid this kind of bullshit with obsolete components.

Have a look at cquery, clangd or ccls and lsp

Please don't call me that

Right here, though vim is superior for config editing

Attached: 14105838246011.png (817x443, 34K)

Non-free unless you compile it yourself, while being advertised as free.

> Fuck your Typescript

Back to /lgbt

Anyone know how (or if?) I can put the tabs in another position?
I'm used to having a lot of open tabs, so I rather have them listed on the side, but it seems VSCode has them on top by default with no option to change that. Or is there?

I really love VS Code but it upsets me that I have to run away from Microsoft botnet like I'm some fucking Winblows user.

Nobody is running away though. I'm just taking my chances that I'm merely an uninteresting speck in the ocean of data they're receiving.

I wish I was interesting.

Attached: 1530356651482.jpg (420x299, 131K)

>made in qt
Fuck no, vscode has a perfectly good Flat design as it is.

What a retard, go manually tune RGB values why don't you?

It's advertised as "free and open source", meaning two separate words. Free-of-charge and compile-it-yourself.

vscode good and just werks with minimal configuration for multiple languages. I use it for js, c#, python, and haxe, and they all work relatively well

>Not Visual Studio 2017

Ok have fun babby :^)

vim plugins autocompletion works very bad and ugly, i use PyCharm + autocompletion.
Because ama pro python coder.

what

This looks like dogshit and if you disagree, you are major league gay.

Attached: qtcreator-formedit.png (756x547, 49K)

Who was the stupid retard that thought its perfectly fine to open an entire web browser for every single application?

What the hell are you on about, it works faster than IDEs.

"free and open source" are descriptive elements about the same thing. It's not marketed as "download for free, a binary adaptation of this open source software." There is no open source program you can download directly from their site. It's a program which has a huge core that is open source, but the whole thing isn't. So at best they should advertise it as "download for free."

Just because its (hopefully) the only Electron app you have, but it would be come quickly unscalable if more devs follow the trend

>download for free
But that's what they're doing. You can literally go on github and build it yourself, so it's also open source.
Or are you following a neanderthal looking person's own idea of the word 'free'?

About 170mb of RAM with several windows open. That's less than each of the 4 messaging apps I also run.
Honestly I hope more people pick up javascript, it's so much easier to build open source projects.

I've been using IDE's since forever, and even the old ones use a ton of RAM. These electron apps are barely a nuisance compared, and they don't have all the functionality, but they're close.
I'm no big fan of javascript though, but I'm a programming whore, I'll switch if it gets in my way too much and there's money in it.

Did you not read? It's advertised as "the software you can download for free here is OPEN SOURCE" which it is not.

You can literally grab it off github and build it yourself what are you on about?

Its me or after all these corps started to get interested in open source (which is basically "make products for free for me goy") it started to lose its charm? Capitalism truly kills everything

No shit, faggot. That doesn't dispute the fact that the big green download button on their site says "Open Source." when the big green download button doesn't download you open source software. It's literally bait for people who don't know about this shit so that they get lured into being tracked.

>not use Atom
a u retarded?

Attached: atom-editor-screenshot.jpg (800x450, 111K)

Still better than Atom desu

Open source is alive only because corporations donate and allocate programmers for it.
>people who don't know about this
No, it's for people who don't want to waste time to build from source when there are perfectly good binaries. If you are proficient enough with computers, you'll find their repo easily enough.

>Open source is alive only because corporations donate and allocate programmers for it.

Bullshit, corporations like Microsoft tried to kill it but had to bend the knee

I always hated Atom. The default settings are shit and you have to install a ton of packages to make any language bearable. You can't restore an installation's packages either, you have to individually remember and reinstall each package you had and its settings if you reinstall your OS from a backup. And lastly it comes with a shit file tree that sorts files with numbers in their name like this:
doc 1.txt
doc 11.txt
doc 2.txt
doc 3.txt

>Bullshit, corporations like Microsoft tried to kill it but had to bend the knee
How delusional can you possibly be? Look at how much money they give away and what do they get in return? Oblivious whiny fags like you.

>perfectly good binaries
How many times do I have to repeat myself, retard.
Those binaries aren't open source even though the big green download says "Open Source."

On top of that, those binaries contain by fact telemetry which is turned on by default.

>buuh buhh booboo
>BIG GREEEEN BUTTOOON
Holy fucking glue muncher, stop pretending you've ever used an open source project.

>telemetry
OH NOOO

I'll let you know that everyone I talked to that had it installed didn't know it contained non-open source code and were shocked about the spyware.

Great, thanks for the valuable input. I'll make sure to add it as an Issue on their github page next time.

It looks fine but that's not "qt", that's just the way the specific app is designed. Regular qt apps follow the system theme.

Its intentionally deceptive to make you install a non-free program while labeling it as open source.

It's totally fine as long as you know what a binary file is and the implications of running it.
Did you compile and audit the distro you're using right now?

Already happened. They didn't do shit because they know that everyone gets tricked by it.
>"Hey bro, I found this cool open source code editor, go download it!"
>googles vscode
>site comes up, not github page
>sees "Free. Open Source" right above the download button
>clicks on download
>starts using it without knowing about the telemetry (and potentially other malware)
And the cycle begins again.