Are ad blockers immoral?

Are ad blockers immoral?

Attached: 42ea0404f59546bede61401f41acffdb.jpg (2560x1440, 1.12M)

Other urls found in this thread:

fortune.com/2013/04/30/sony-patent-is-hilarious-terrifying/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The implementation of ads these days is immoral
Ad blockers are necessary

Ads are a PULL system.
Meaning that you as the client has to sent a request to receive the ads.
Blocking them stop your computer from requesting to view them. Just as if you were to look AWAY from a billboard. If anything you're doing them a favor for not wasting their bandwidth cause you sure as hell weren't going to click on it or purchase anything.

Is not looking at a billboard immoral when driving down the road?

No. I bought my machine with my own money, I get to choose what runs on it and what doesn't, what it loads and what it doesn't.

What kind of moralfag question is that?

>immoral

Learn what that word means, user.

capitalism is immoral, ads are capitalism, therefore ads themselves are immoral

It's not theft, but it avoids supporting the person who gives you something for free.

If I could selectively support moral people by blocking ads only by the immoral ones, I would do it.

Attached: tumblr_o4y21f2XwE1tzue9go1_1280.jpg (1280x1280, 252K)

fpbp

No fuck ads

I am amazed that most of the population submits themselves to watching ads.

Even the traitorous AdBlock is better than literally nothing

Most of the population doesn't even know you can block ads.

Concept of ownership is outdated. See app store and microsofts push to their own store. You can only run what they allow you to.

Ads are immoral

are ads moral?

Are you trying to get us to do your home work for you?
My computer my rules, justify the morality of bombarding my computer and using my resources for your comercial gain.

>People are taking the piss out of you every day. They butt into your life, take a cheap shot at you and then disappear. They leer at you from tall buildings and make you feel small. They make flippant comments from buses that imply you’re not sexy enough and that all the fun is happening somewhere else. They are on TV making your girlfriend feel inadequate. They have access to the most sophisticated technology the world has ever seen and they bully you with it. They are The Advertisers and they are laughing at you. You, however, are forbidden to touch them. Trademarks, intellectual property rights and copyright law mean advertisers can say what they like wherever they like with total impunity. Fuck that. Any advert in a public space that gives you no choice whether you see it or not is yours. It’s yours to take, re-arrange and re-use. You can do whatever you like with it. Asking for permission is like asking to keep a rock someone just threw at your head. You owe the companies nothing. Less than nothing, you especially don't owe them any courtesy. They owe you. They have re-arranged the world to put themselves in front of you. They never asked for your permission, don't even start asking for theirs.

enable your adblocker for 30 minutes and decide for yourself

Morality isn't objective. Personally I don't think it's immoral because I preferred the internet the way it was before monetization.
If people don't feel like offering their services for free, I don't mind if they stop offering their services altogether. I don't want to owe them anything.

/thread

>blocking immoral content is immoral
No.

for jew

Attached: 74b.jpg (252x291, 29K)

Attached: linuslols.jpg (400x300, 45K)

>Is not looking at a billboard immoral when driving down the road?
not yet

i'm glad stupid people exist to subsidize the websites I enjoy

You can do that tho

Morality is a spook

Attached: download (9).jpg (252x200, 8K)

Quality meme replies.

Most people don't use adblock to reduce the money people earn but because of how bad ads are now.
Using adblock is the same as switching channels when ads start and i don't think anyone would call that immoral

Attached: pencil-chan.jpg (750x1058, 111K)

based

It bugs me how reCAPTCHA won*t work without allowing ads. I can lurk just fine, but I need to manually switch adblocker off to shitpost.

I remember patents about that actually.
Or, my favorite where you have to say a word to make the ad go away.

>you have to say a word to make the ad go away
That was Microsoft wasn't it?They had something like that for the new xbox

No, because ads are a common way to spread malware. It's good security. There are other benefits though. Like speeding up page load times, saving bandwidth, and sites look better.

Is running undesired software which I'm not informed about on hardware which is my private property immoral?

>Is not looking at a billboard immoral when driving down the road?
Yes, because the billboard might be a speed limit or stop sign and you ignored it

Therefore not only immoral, but clear-cut illegal

What piece of shit adblocker are you using? Asking to avoid.

ad blockers are a basic human right

Doritos™ Dew™ it right?

Advertisement is an invasion into your consciousness designed to hypnotize you.

No.
They're a necessity.

It's illegal not to stop at the stop sign, not to not look at it you fucking idiot. If you stop without having looked at the sign, you're in the clear. Doesn't matter how you figured out you're supposed to.

>tfw this is set in 2018

Attached: dgGvgKF.png (1186x677, 114K)

You can whitelist a moral person's website, but they can't control what their advertiser shows. The character of the person you're trying to support is irrelevant when they aren't the ones actually serving you ads.

>tfw you stop without looking at the stop sign

Attached: devilish.jpg (819x912, 216K)

no, the only thing immoral is the one that told you that its in moral and you should support his life style by disabling them and clicking all the adds you see

get disconnect.me you absolute fag

I don't look at speed limit signs, I use crowdsourced speed limit data from Waze via my Android Auto console.

This isn't 1998 where the webmaster hosts his own ads and the ads are just images with hyperlinks. This is 2018 where a few of the ads are merely annoying and the other ads will bend you over your battlestation desk and fuck you in the ass if you don't have them blocked. Anyone who wants to cry about the morality of it can go ahead and not use adblockers. Then they can pay me to remove the spyware they get.

Cuck

Those arent billboards retard.

>windows is the only operating system there is

billboards obscuring road signs is illegal

3rd party ads are the interwebs #1 malware attack vector.
Blocking ads is Common Sense 2018.

Attached: 1535837754822.jpg (375x299, 33K)

Do tell me first which one DOESN'T do it. [spoiler] Opera [/spoiler]

Well shit spoiler tags don't work in this board.

>Opera
What? The browser?
I use ublock origin on Firefox with no problems.

it's antisemitic first of all which itself is equal to Nazism, you block adds you are literal Hitler
get over it

@68355179
Low energy shitpost
No (You) from me faggot

this

they are staeling

Is monopolizing a web page immoral?
Is subletting your ad space to an advertiser serving malware-laced ads immoral?
Is mining crypto without user consent immoral?

Yup, I think it has its own adblocker built into this browser. Thanks for the tip.

First day here, huh?

Oh yeah. Sorry 'bout that. Adblock Plus works great for me on Firefox. I used to job Opera on Linux, but I dropped it when they dropped WebKit

you own your own hardware for which you paid (a lot of) money and the information on it is nothing but a set of instructions for how your own hardware should work
every law saying otherwise and mandating you to use it in XYZ ways, even when you're obviously not harming a single insect in the process of doing so, is immoral and an intrusion on your rights as an individual. Yes, including and specifically IP laws

Blessed post

Attached: 1540283661910.jpg (480x818, 53K)

My father used to browse whidouth adblok and the things thous adds did to his computer where quite immortal.

>macos doesnt have an app store

never heard of it

No Problem! I'll try that one.

Nice spelling

Just use GNU/Linux you fag

Yes. You are given the privilege of viewing websites with ads in exchange for displaying said ads. It is a business transaction. By using an ad blocker you are neglecting your part of the implicit contract and thus it is in the same category as theft and piracy.

It doesn't really matter if you think the ads are intrusive etc. If you think so, you have the option of avoiding the business transaction altogether, i.e. not visit the websites that use such ads. At best you can use a VPN or something so that you confuse the ad tracker but still view the ad.

What about malware?

What implicit contract? How the hell am I supposed to know whether a site is add supported before visiting it? I'm free to use an adblocker, so the site doesn't execute their shitware on my machine before asking me. They are free to tell me they don't allow Adblock on their site, after which I'll fuck off without consuming their content. Nobody is harmed in that coerced in that situation.

is fucking your moms ass until it starts farting in my BBC inmoral?

LARPing is not immoral.

Absolutely not

came here just to post this.

Are public libraries immoral?

Remember to use AdNauseam my dudes.

If websites had any semblance of moral code when it comes to having ad space, I would run without a blocker.
>Pop ups with no way to easily close them
>Auto playing video with audio
>Site redirects
>Banners that have absolutely fuck all to do with the site material
>Countless viruses and overall malware to be concerned about

I could go on. At the end of the day, if I really like a site's content, their ads aren't AIDS, and I wish to support it, I'll disable ad blocker

I showed my normie sister how to block ads and she was elated, thought it was the second coming of Jesus.

That was Sony. They wanted televisions to show interactive ads like a video game, except you had to say the name of the ad or brand before the ad would close or move on to the next content.
fortune.com/2013/04/30/sony-patent-is-hilarious-terrifying/

Attached: Capture.jpg (545x392, 33K)

Is sony even Japanese anymore?

The best part of that picture is that he stands up to say it.They really wanted to turn people into zombies that would buy their burgers

SCEI has moved to California.

Attached: 1528801694749.jpg (503x333, 35K)

Source? And please, don't say "Konami".

Make website owners and ad networks legally liable for misbehavior of ads they serve.

If lawsuits over infecting users' PCs with malware start threatening the only thing they care about (their profits), they might actually begin putting some effort into cleaning up the shitty ad ecosystem.

Who actually clicks ads?

Weirdos

Ads do not actually make a profit. The entire web ecosystem will collapse in a few decades when companies stop paying Google millions of dollars to show their car ads to 12 year olds with no wallet watching fortnite videos on youtube.

>it's immoral for individuals to feed their families
Typical commie
Food=immoral to commies

That patent had an awesome reaction image.

Attached: ha ha ha.jpg (266x296, 20K)

Isn't that the reason for targeted ads?

>you can only feed your family in capitalism

Not using an ad blocker is immoral. I would never follow an ad, so I'm going out of my way to make sure the companies that buy the ad aren't paying for nothing.

Hi ad agency guy.

Attached: captobvious.jpg (400x400, 26K)

not using AdNauseum is immoral
ads are immoral, so citizens have a moral duty to undermine them