Is this the unification language for all programmers around the world? Is this the "english" of the programming world

Is this the unification language for all programmers around the world? Is this the "english" of the programming world

Attached: 523523253.png (1600x1600, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

techempower.com/benchmarks/#section=data-r17&hw=ph&test=query
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's an awful language that is only used because web browsers support it. Nothing like English at all.

>It's an awful language
Its actually pretty fucking decent

That's how its shaping up to be. I learned to stop worrying and love JavaScript.
>has both functional and oo programing elements
>it's now a jit compiled language thanks to nodejs
>can be used like a server sided normal language thanks to nodejs & npm
>can be used to make make desktop applications thanks to electron
The nodejs compiler just needs multithreading, which is being currently developed and implemented. JS will soon be able to do everything that python can do like machine learning (TensorFlow.js) and numerical computations (math.js). Then, it needs better native support for mobile apps, like how we have electron for desktop.

I can't wait for the rise of JS and our zoomer overlords. Only C++ and Java boomers who can't understand coercion or its functional programming elements hate it.

Attached: 1227871fe4361ab20682a552629faf3a.jpg (250x367, 13K)

JavaScript is outdated. TypeScript is better in literally every way. There is no excuse to keep coding in JS.

English is an awful language that's only used because of movies. So pretty comparable.

Js is Ts ya autist

JavaScript is webscale.

No it's not you retard. It just compiles to js.

It's not. Learning JS won't land you a job outside webdev.

all software developer jobs are webdev jobs now except for like the few firmware and game developer jobs

>weird inconsistent behaviour
>gorillion different implementations that are almost, but not quite, compatible
>Is this the "english" of the programming world
Yes.

-- bug in typeof operator (typeof null == "Object)
-- no integers
-- broken equality operator
-- misnaming a variable doesn't cause an error
-- insanely powerful prototype system allows String.prototype.indexOf = null;
-- no characters
-- abysmal unicode support for strings
-- slow if you write it unlike a static OOP language, completely negating its dynamic benefits

Unironically like every programming language other than javascript

>no integers
U wot

I can't wait for web assembly to take over the putrid shitfest that is JS

Also all adobe software uses it
And nodejs

The code editor you are using now was written in JS

JS is even bad for what it was initially intented for but now bootcamp brainlet hipsterfaggots even use it for backends which is beyond retarded.

It has harmed the software industry like nothing else before.

>-- insanely powerful prototype system allows String.prototype.indexOf = null;

How is that a bad thing?
You can do similar in Lisp and it's awesome.

for what you say, it is the english of programming

English is an awful language that is only used because Indians and Americans support it.

>no types
>awful performance
>Only used because they blasted through cutting every corner and being the first in the browser

I do web development. I use javascript. It belongs in the trash can. Web browser vendors move slower than molasses. About the speed pitch flows. Maybe in a couple centuries we will have a real language.

>nodejs
>electron
HAH you can probably get paid more than an embedded systems programmer for yuppie startup shit that runs like garbage.

But Node.js is unironically great.

>But Node.js is unironically great.

Attached: 1541109784505.png (1440x1557, 738K)

I know listening to Jow Forums can be a meme.

But as a hobbyist, can one give me a language/framework that can allow me to do my shitty little in browser games?

Because I've literally heard of nothing else the works quiet as well as HTML5+JS+Node.js

Prove me wrong. Also what else are you gonna use. Django maybe, then what?

>inb4 php

Any JVM language/VertX
Any ASP language/ASP Core

Have Oracle and Microsoft joined forces to hire shills?

There's not a single thing nodejs does better than any of the frameworks I just mentioned. Besides you can use JS with vert.x.

Spring Boot

By knowing node js you automatically know js which means you know front end back end and you can create pc apps. This the biggest + of node (or js) and thats a big fucking plus

it can already be multithreaded if you use napa.js or hamsters.js - but yeah native node support will be cool

> t. unemployed boomer who doesn't know a thing about how it really is

>I don't care about performance
>I don't care about actual multithreading
>I don't want to have to use my brain
>I am too stupid for RDBs
>I am a faggot hipster
Typical JS "coders"

You have aby performance problems with code or discord? I dont

>Code
Fucking slow as fuck compared to any other native editor, especially startup time.
>Discord
How many times have their servers crashed now? It happens constantly.

Ever checked how much RAM electron apps conusme? You probably don't even realize that electron apps are nothing but websites bundled in a chrome container.

>I don't care about performance
I/o async loop is way more performant for web applications, and node + v8 is quicker than python / ruby and sometimes even of his C counterpart

>I don't care about actual multithreading
can be done already with napa.js and hamsters.js, native support coming soon too. That said the Async io loop makes up for it so it's already not much needed

> rest of "reasons" are just retard kid memes

keep dreaming neet friend, I'm here earning 6x the average developer working remotely from my comfy house

If you want to make a browser game, js, or languages that compile to js, are your only options client side.

>child that thinks anything new is better than what works

Modern javascript is nice to work in. I understand needing something like Typescript in 2011, but it's 2018 bucko.

If you need to write large software, and need types; use Java or C#, they are more performant than javascript.

>I/o async loop
>doesn't know anythinga bout Java 8+
>doesn't know anything about vert.x

>That said the Async io loop makes up for it so it's already not much needed
You're so fucking retarded. You're generalizing hard and make it sound as if multithreading was useless. Fact is nodejs can't multithread and napa and hamster is nothing but fuckery. JVM languages on the other hand can do both.

>keep dreaming neet friend, I'm here earning 6x the average developer working remotely from my comfy house
Nice larp and even if it was true that's not an argument.

techempower.com/benchmarks/#section=data-r17&hw=ph&test=query

> Java
> 2018
> maybe you're not even indian

rotfl you can't be serious, so I won't feed the troll

JS+canvas for 2d
JS+webgl for 3d
That's pretty much your only choice, frameworks built on top of js have gone a long way since the days where flash reigned supreme over the field of web gaming.

>Callbacks/promises
Pls no

> he doesn't know about reactive programming
> he doesn't know about observables
> he thinks callback hell is a thing in 2018

nice try granpa

Are you retarded or something?

>Java used in backends by Google, Netflix, Amazon, Linkedn, eBay, Uber, Intel,

discord client runs like dogshit.
It's awful buggy.

JS is used as well in backend services from the exact same companies... have you ever worked in a big company? have you ever worked in the first place?

so funny how you try to deny reality (I've worked in the past with c# Java Groovy Ruby Python PHP and more, also for one of those companies you've listed)

pathetic

How about new businesses. Who uses JAVA instead of C#

Do people use python a lot for web? Wondering about learning python/django

>have you ever worked in a big company?
I did and I still do.

No the funny thing is you're not refuting any of my arguments and instead try to get personal. Nodejs has no multithreading and to say that multithreading is generally useless and "inferior" to async in backends shows how retarded you are.

>I've worked in the past with c# Java
Perfect. Explain to me how vert.x is inferior to nodejs

>backend services from the exact same companies
only for their endpoints you fucking JS zoomer.

Typescript still has its use cases, if you need modern features but have to support old browsers

async / await

python is always fine to learn, super easy to pick up if you already master a language

NODE will never be popular outside meme startups. The lack of good standard library limits it because no real company wants to pull 100 random npm packages made by literally whos to run their software.

I'm JS programmer and I have to say, the language it's still bad, but it's on the right track.
It becomes better with every release.
JS is maturing very well .

>Typescript is better
>Ignore the fact that it incorrectly implemented import and is far behind real js
>Type checking on boundary js code is dependent on someone wasting their time writing type information that can drift with changes to code.

Typescript is literally worthless garbage, yet another transpiled shitlang that will fail to stay relevant or up to date with how fast js changes.

What are the alternatives for new companies

But node is popular outside of meme startups. Its everywhere

I never understood this, enabling customer to use malware vulnerable legacy browsers.

Also that's what babel and financial times polyfill is for.

Corporations do use legacy browsers..
I work for a company with over million customers and about 2000 person stuff. The firewall blocks updates and people can't update browsers themselves, and IT haven't made any setup to deploy software updates automatically.
So most recent version of Javascript I can use, without breaking user workflow is ES-5.1 compliant .
At least they don't use IE.

Promises are actually great.

No one who understands how the this binding works in javascript and the fact that you can only express natural numbers up to 53 bits could ever support javascript.

It literally performs better than any other scripting language thanks to the V8 engine.

And yes they cut corners initially, but it's come a long way since then. It's very usable since ES6.

plus a fucking Datetime has no fields. Doing Object.assign(new Datetime(32), {}) doesn't copy the datetime properly.

>People still talking about Node like its some hipster shit literally "who" who nobody uses

yikes

Attached: 97857465.jpg (240x240, 13K)

different tools for different jobs

you'll get it once you start working
now stop complaining and finish your homework

desu i dont get the hate on javascript. i quite like it. its fast to write code in, and the inbuilt features are really useful. i think python should get way more hate than js

>what is async

>and the fact that you can only express natural numbers up to 53 bits
> 2n**128n
340282366920938463463374607431768211456n
Seems fine to me

Python is literally the perfect language

>easy as fuck to write in
>can do anything with it

>so slow that every library needs to be written in a real language and even then python slows it down just to glue it together

this. js haters clearly don't know the language.

ok that doesn't answer my point retard.
that's literally a security risk and enabling it is inherently wrong.
prove me wrong dipshit.

and no, IE on a supported windows release at least gets security updates and would at least be a valid argument to polyfill/babel.

>Ever checked how much RAM electron apps conusme? You probably don't even realize that electron apps are nothing but websites bundled in a chrome container.

ever wonder how "ram usage" works on modern Linux or other platforms?

Let me guess, it’s the only language you know?

>Corporations do use legacy browsers..
Again, this is what Babel is for. Write modern javascript and have it compile it to legacy javascript. When you can finally drop legacy support however many years in the future, you just have to stop running it though Babel instead of rewriting your code

>nice my nigga

Attached: 1517253679367.png (576x402, 32K)

These are all pretty sensible results given the nonsensical tasks asked of the language. There are many worse things in the Javascript type system than the implicit string/number casting

you have my interest
what is more worst that this in js?

How about the concept of truthy/falsey having nothing to do with comparison to boolean?

> [] == false
true
> // Okay it equals false

> if ([]) console.log("But it's true?")
But it's true?

>not using ===

Yes, I'm well aware that strict comparison fixes this issue. We're talking about oddities that exist in the Javascript type system, not how to avoid them.

Obviously everything works sanely if you don't operate on nonsensical pairs of types and use strict equality checking, but that's not fun to talk about.

so you're just baiting?

Are you retarded?

Are you retarded?

no, but your issues are pitfalls for noobs at most

Agreed. C and C++ are the English of the computer languages. What's JS for?

Attached: surfacebang.webm (480x480, 120K)

JS is Arabic. Only SJWs, hipsters and faggots are interested in it.

do you even know how resident set and shared memory work? most virtual memory values are also meaningless.

retard

yes, it is

But nobody uses C anymore, for new projects before you tell me about some building in fucking bumfuck Arizona or some shit that runs something with it

Everything is built from C. It's like saying nobody uses latin when in fact many languages are built from it. C++ then is the more English.

>Is this the unification language for all programmers around the world?
No, that's Prolog.

>Everything is built from C. It's like saying nobody uses latin when in fact many languages are built from it.

Thats like saying 100 millions bought the Gamecube because the Wii was based on the gamecube you fucking idiot

if you're mentally retarded
it has 54-bit integers because JS integers are implemented as floats underneath
no, because I'm not retarded
if you're retarded>I/o async loop is way more performant for web applications, and node + v8 is quicker than python / ruby and sometimes even of his C counterpart
no

> different tools for different jobs
thanks for this complete triviality that is not actionable or useful in any way

Like some already mentioned, JS is the brainlet programming language forced on the masses by the web browsers with trash performance and spec. It's duck-taped shitty performance language where your skills are literally putting shitty Lego pieces together to build some shit that shouldn't even be built. C, Java, Scala, Haskell and any given lisp are far better made with more mature libraries, documentation and far better foundations.