This kills the CS fag

Attached: oBfjH.png (916x651, 108K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computability_theory
liceunet.ro/bacalaureat/matematica/programa
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

rollmao

Rollin

I can't imagine the levels of autism required to unironically do measure theory.

At least that is still pretty harmless and really nothing to sweat about, did you know that these algebras of sets really ARE "algebra" algebras if you introduce the right mappings for sets?

This nothing special and nothing really hard. I remember when I did my CS degree it was a part of Math I. And I had 4 modules of math. It's true. You don't learn any kind of programming. But you learn tons of math. And isn't computer science about that? I don't understand companies that want you to have CS-degree for Javascript. Like WTF man

>mfw this is what i did in 11th grade
imagine not going to math/computers intensive high-school, lmao@urlife

those are shit companies, user. just avoid them

weebtards with hard dicks

>it was a part of Math I
No, it wasn't. Pretty much nobody learns what a sigma Algebra is in his first year.

This really only becomes useful for some advanced analysis, Lebesgue Integrals and such or Stochastics.

where the fuck are you from that you don't learn this shit in high school?

A country with an average IQ of 100.

It is. I've checked my Math I script. It was a part of Math I at my Uni.

Pretty unlikely, they are only necessary for advanced stochastics and analysis and pretty much useless for the typical first year stuff.

This is typical third semester stuff, what did you use sigma algebras for? Lebesgue integration? Stochastics?

don't you hide behind your country's average iq, retard

?
In which country do they teach sigma algebras in highschool?

No. That is pretty basic stuff for a modern CS degree. If you're a pajeet getting a degree in India or some other 3rd world shit hole then maybe it would kill them.

>That is pretty basic stuff for a modern CS degree.
No, it isn't. Why would a CS student learn about sigma algebras?

that kills any math undergrad too

I learned it in Nottingham University during the first semester of CS. You learn it, along with discrete mathematics, because it teaches you to think the right way and it teaches a deep level of abstraction.

To be more specific, it was taught in artificial intelligence to create models for ai learning.

>went to the sixty symbols college
my man

Attached: lol.jpg (960x720, 124K)

It kills the engineering fags too, only math and physics will prevail

>you to think the right way and it teaches a deep level of abstraction.
Not really. It's quite an ugly part of mathematics and the theory generally isn't all that useful.
Why not do some (metric space) topology, something more useful in applications, or algebra if you want to get abstract?

>it was taught in artificial intelligence to create models for ai learning
Where do sigma algebras play a role there?

>babies first measure theory class
lmao

OP coping with the fact that he can't into Math. Want to see bootcamp nodejs fags work with neural networks or data science in general because they can't even into stochastics. Besides it's a nice feeling to know that I'm not a mathlet

Honestly don't remember exactly how we used it because since then I've never done it again. I just assumed every other uni taught it too. We never really implemented it apart from setting up some models of data. Might just have been because the professor, who had a Ph.d in mathematics from Oxford, wanted us to see how many brainlets she could shake out of the course.

Useless for anything but academic corner cases

Why do I get nervous and sweaty every time I see math like this?

Attached: 1522943337481.jpg (1280x720, 110K)

>Honestly don't remember exactly how we used it because since then I've never done it again.
Why was it taught then?
Especially in the first year wasting time is stupid.

>I just assumed every other uni taught it too
It's third semester stuff for people learning about stochastics and Lebesgue integration.

where are the numbers

Wrong. Measure theory is actually quite important and has application in many areas, eg. Image processing, stochasticd and solving DEs/PDEs.

Went to a top uni in france, we learned this in the 4th semester.
Most advanced thing we did was hopf algebra.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computability_theory
kills CS

Attached: KILLS_CS.jpg (627x360, 21K)

but THEY dont learn it

Attached: T_RETARD.jpg (567x432, 51K)

It only looks complicated if you don't know what the symbols mean.

Name 1 time you actually used this shit in your programming career.

romania. look it up.

Why don't you show it to me?
Burden of evidence and such, I have no clue how I even would look it up.

>programming career
Aim higher, user.

Attached: 34img9.jpg (479x435, 49K)

I did natural sciences instead desu. Had moderately difficult math and easy CS but more physics, chem and bio.

Not him but this is the actual Romanian mathematics curriculum (M1)
liceunet.ro/bacalaureat/matematica/programa
The names are in Romanian but fairly self-explanatory.

Looks pretty good, but nothing about sigma algebras seems to be mentioned?
It looks just like they did some first year University algebra stuff, the other things like integrals of rotation surfaces we did too.

Name 1 time you actually used this shit in your wizard career.

I'm not really sure. I'm so I wouldn't know what kind of math that user did (I had M2), but he may have been taught some more stuff. This is particularly true for better, more "intensive" high schools.
Pic related is the baccalaureate exam.

Attached: IMG_20181104_153245_079.jpg (683x1119, 166K)

Reminds me of something we learned in CS in the 90s but i've subsequently forgotten most of.

>Pic related is the baccalaureate exam.
Maybe I am just tainted from University, but it doesn't look too difficult, compared to the German Abitur, maybe 0.5 to 1 year more stuff.

But the stuff in the OP is usually introduced in the second year of University, as it only really becomes useful after you have done the regular calculus stuff, I really doubt that it is a part in many classrooms.

What "kills" me the most is implementing proposals from papers written in continuous time.
They get all fancy with their arbitrary small epsilon but it of no practical use given the bounded precision of micro-controllers and properties of the noise we have to deal with in practice.
This is me venting out, but if mathfags would deal with real issues instead of the problem they choose to be convenient it would be useful.

It's probably not gonna be like that for much longer. This year they've started discussing whether or not they'll turn half of it into piss-easy multiple choice questions.

inside the sets

aren't sets a tennis thing

That looks way easier than OP's pic.

every math exam in uni ever

Attached: 44509161_308659303053577_8568014466195652608_n.jpg (544x960, 39K)

Oh no we started this in high school and finished it with math I in uni.
Pretty sure only lispfags have to deal with this.

>sets
yikes sophomore in here

/thread

>Physics
If you keep up with the current discussion around string theory you'll find that physics right now is completely hopeless.

All modern computer components can be modeled by maps found in sigma algebra. Knowing things about sigma algebra helps you wrap your head around problem spaces you can work with in low level programming (ic scale).

>string theory is all of physics

Because fields like fluid Dynamics are any more hopeful.

Because modern physics isn't just using the same century old models to model increasingly more niche phenomenon.

no

Attached: 18-08-44-308_2018.png (1366x768, 3.01M)

That's like second week of linear algebra

Maths is a subject of beautiful concepts and proofs ruined by pointless abstract notation.

t. never took math classes past freshman year

>CS butthurt

>can be modeled by maps found in sigma algebra. Knowing things about sigma algebra
Do you even know what you are talking about, or are you just not a native speaker?
Also how do you Modell a computer component as a sigma algebra?

Do it better then, notation is awful, yes, but how would you improve it?

Less greek letters. Maths is the only field where people get away with using cryptic symbols without standardised definitions.

Okay, so you are literally retarded.

No, "Greek letters" are the least problem mathematical notation has.

>Maths is the only field where people get away with using cryptic symbols without standardised definitions.
What the fuck are you on about?
Physicists do the exact same and most of the time the Greek letters have one standard use case, but again this isn't even an issue at all.

>Physicists do the exact same and most of the time the Greek letters have one standard use case, but again this isn't even an issue at all.

So they have standardised definitions, good that we can agree on this.

>So they have standardised definitions
Exactly like the mathematicians.

It's hilarious, somebody who's understanding of math is near zero talking about the good and bad of mathematical notation...

things like that should be considered human abuse and forced labour