Force reinstall a Windows update?

What are some ways of forcibly reinstalling a Windows update package? I've already tried
/overwriteoem.

This package is for Powershell 1.0, which is already installed and needs to be uninstalled from the system, except the uninstaller is missing. My plan is to reinstall, then uninstall, but I can't because it won't let me.

I love Windows but stuff like this pisses me off.

OS is Server 2003 R2

Attached: fuck you windows.png (894x126, 12K)

>Server 2003 R2
oh god why

Through uninstalling Powershell I should be able to upgrade to 2008.

ps 1.0 is builtin

dism or sfc

Not on Server 2003 it isn't. It's installed via an update and relies on .NET 2.0.

Attached: dhfExl7.gif (322x240, 3.6M)

Jesus fucking Christ OP

Migrate to 2016 before you take down the rest of us

There is no 32-bit version of Server 2016.

Why are you fuckers always so unhelpful.

>reinstall then uninstall

OP why not download PS > 1.0?

Lemme guess. Legacy software support.

That's what I did, which produced the error in the OP.

Bingo

I've been messing around in a VM and I think I may have found a neat solution. I'm going to try copying the update's uninstall folder in C:\Windows to the real server and hopefully it should uninstall the update even though it's not listed as installed.

We aren’t helpdesk or tech support m8
Also why the fuck do you NEED 32bit native. Windows has WOW64 for a reason. I run some ancient accounting software for a client on 2016 and it has no idea it’s running on a 64 bit OS. It even runs in that stupid fucking interactive service mode. Basically what I’m trying to say is there’s no good reason to be running an OS that old, it’s insecure and impossible to maintain.
If your hardware literally doesn’t support 64 bit you have bigger problems than a windows update to deal with though.

IT WORKED!

Also had to uninstall KB968930, for which the uninstaller was thankfully present

Fuck yourself

I hope you have fun filling out seventeen forms and providing written justification for new paper clips you gentile slave
Go find employers that actually give a fuck about their hardware deployment or customer data and realise how much easier life is when you’re allowed to buy stuff fit for the job

>when you’re allowed to buy stuff fit for the job
Don't McDonalds supply the uniforms for you?

Attached: 2.png (600x578, 686K)

Jesus

Have you looked into wine?
The support for wrapped applications might legitimately be better.

Attached: 1534475164239.jpg (189x189, 32K)

Oh shit you got me, le epic drumpfposter
You still haven’t provided a good reason you aren’t running the software on 2016 (or at the VERY least a hyper-v instance of 2008 R2 that you can checkpoint and roll back to when you break it fucking with windows updates)

Attached: 1458098799122.jpg (593x782, 66K)

I too can react with random faces
You’re still not answering the question

Attached: image.jpg (395x395, 77K)

Sorry mate, you're too stupid to interact with, that's why.

Attached: temple.png (555x574, 745K)

Says the guy running 2003 R2 unironically

Attached: image.jpg (517x283, 97K)

I don't know if this works on 2003 remove-windows feature powershell might do it.

You're conversing with at least two people here, brains.

Attached: 4chanassholes.png (724x1596, 1020K)

That's not me you're replying too. Also, I've completed the upgrade now.

consider suicide, op

no u

Tried it and it doesn't seem to work, but thanks anyway.

Might consider Linux for it in the future, but for now Server 2008 will do fine.

I’ll take both of you
Let’s go

Attached: image.jpg (249x221, 38K)

I fucked up the syntax. Try Get-WindowsFeature Powershell or just Get-windowsFeature * for the name and then Remove-WindowsFeature "whatever ps v1 is called"

>having to uninstall a previous version of .net / powershell / ... to install a newer one
I find this shit really funny. microsoft could have let users have many versions alongside one each other (like, say, python, or C libs/gcc, or...), but they decided that you absolutely SHOULD upgrade to the latest major version...

yet people will STILL use their shitty products.

Attached: 1458619158688.jpg (461x533, 130K)

Server 2003 doesn't seem to recognise any of those commands. This was back when Windows Features were called Windows Components, so they probably are too new. But again, thanks.

It's always irritated me that I can't have multiple versions of things like Internet Explorer on the same machine. Also I've been in situations where it's been necessary to downgrade Internet Explorer for compatibility reasons, but if it wasn't installed by Windows Update, or if the uninstaller isn't still present, it's a massive hassle.

There's so many things that Microsoft could improve about Windows, but every time they choose to implement quirky new features and designs and break compatibility with older stuff. They're constantly giving out the impression that they don't care about their enterprise customers, even though they're the ones mostly making money for them.