Why are tech salaries outside of the US so low?

Why are tech salaries outside of the US so low?

Attached: Developer_Salaries_World.png (1049x880, 241K)

Do you have any idea what it costs to live a decent life in the USA?

Because somehow companies have to get you suckers to accept your ridiculous hours, low amount of vacation days and almost non-existent benefits.

So they wave cash in your face, and you swallow that, and get to feel better when comparing your salary in pointless threads like this.

Oh yeah, and living expenses are drastically lower as well. Rent, too.

>not even in the list
Someone please end this misery.

>be amerigan
>get shot
>$200,000 hospital bill
>fired from job after working for 5 years without any holidays
>homeless

Attached: lmao.jpg (400x400, 22K)

Because the amerilard state gets all the money back through exorbitant taxes :^)

Not much outside of Jew York and Commiefornia. Of course, those also happen to be where 99% of "software developers" live, so...

Lol no. Life in western non-shithole europe is very expensive these days. Switzerland is probably more expensive than silicone valley

>studied computer science
>now on welfare because of depression
>forced to work for free or otherwise lose my benefits
>"kek just get a job"
>currently get 1050 euros a month for 10 hours a week, a job would land me 1500 euros for 40 hours of work a week and would immediately dump me in higher tax range
There's no reason to work in the Netherlands. Wages are insufferably low.

Tech companies in US creating a lot demand. They were sued for colluding and artifically keeping salaries down.

Welfare systems all over the continent will crash in less than 10 years

In the city proper, yes. It's not all unaffordable, otherwise all the Croats and what have you wouldn't be able to afford living there.

To take all of the real talent from the rest of the world, and thus make them less competitive.

they don't pay 3000$ a month to the rent jew

>Jew York and Commiefornia
Livability ranges. On the low end, $50k is a pretty good wage (in places like Missouri and Kansas) whereas $75-85k is very comfortable in most cities. That's enough to afford a decent house, two vehicles, and whatever tech equipment you want.

i have the easiest kind of tech job that barely involves any programming and I'm earning 45k

how the fuck does an actual programmer only make 50k a year in Germany?

I don't believe an average code monkey In the us will make 90k

are you stupid? the people earning 200k-300k in the big tech companies pull the average up.

>now on welfare because of depression
>"""depression"""
Ah yes, the cuck cop-out.
Depression doesn't real

Yuropoors are low IQ, the only reason they exist or are somewhat prosperous is because of United States, they piggyback everything from us, if we didn't help them they would be a third world shithole like Russia or Africa.

Tech wages are extremely inflated in the US because most of the well paying jobs are in California where living costs are far higher than anywhere else

You can't really blame them, all of their real men died in the 40s. This is especially true of the germans

It's not just tied to developers, there is hardly any job where you make more as long as you are a salaried employee. The only way to escape this is to have your own company / work freelance in the software industry.

I know quite a few people who work as "consultants" instead of salaried programmers and get compensated 4-5 times as much as people who are regularly employed. However this is all before taxes, so theyll get fleeced quite roughly as well.

>average
Our american competitors are usually homeless or live in the coding sweatshops where they work.

this

>be europoor
>get cut
>get AIDS
>be single to end of your days, while Chad Muhammad fucks your ex gf.

Europe is pretty far behind technologically so there is less demand for software developers

I love how everyone's argument against SWEs in America is healthcare and cost of living. If my COL doubles and my salary doubles, so does my savings. How many Europeans are putting 65k+ USD into their retirement accounts each year?

.t European making 140k in the USA

Don't mean to be a rascal, but what kind of job?
I have my degree in civil (looking for job rn), been lurking here for a while and just started learning cpp. Would like to stay in my field but it can't hurt to broaden horizons.

yeah but you're still living in america, a country full of americans

not worth it

Cope

Some euros are pushing for EU unemployment program. Wonder it it will happen, they are also talking of making an EU army for "peace"

GIS

Where? How you saving 65k?

>poor/dumb
>better in europe
>rich/smart
>better in USA

Attached: 1519526145589.jpg (580x472, 62K)

>I love how everyone's argument against SWEs in America is healthcare and cost of living.
>implying it's just those two things

Attached: 1532607359252.jpg (385x505, 227K)

Because he makes 140k a year. That's less than 50% of his salary. Once you settle down, living expenses are pretty low even with kids (until they go to uni assuming you'll pay for them). I have my first job out of uni here. 75k a year, $500 a month of rent+bills. Working for 3 months but I can put in half my paycheck into savings. Once I buy all my "wants", I can easily put in 70% of my paycheck without it affecting my standard of living.

yeah but what use do savings have when you've been shot in the fucking face?

>get 2yr technology degree
>make ~130k off the bat
Glad i didnt fall the cs meme

that's literally minimum wage, have you tried applying for jobs other than unqualified labor

What's the use of your backlogged healthcare system and collapsing welfare system when Muhammad runs over your kids with his van of peace and then your wife fucks him to make sure he feels included?

It's even less in Sweden actually

Attached: 1536564894611.png (664x861, 99K)

>Sweden tech workers make less than 4k USD a year

kek

Take a look at Brazil's salaries.

wtf

it's per month you fucking americans

4k net per month is not bad at all in europe

>tfw 30k/yr in chile
>tfw shit's getting more and more expensive as time passes
this country sucks.

it's called inflation user
zimbabwe is even better example than amurica

You confuse europe with san fransisco.

>Yuropoors are low IQ, the only reason they exist or are somewhat prosperous is because of United States, they piggyback everything from us, if we didn't help them they would be a third world shithole like Russia or Africa.
And then:
Yeah, You Americans are so smart that you can't even recognise monthly wage. Sure are showing your superior IQ there

Attached: 1510918798907.jpg (925x583, 71K)

at least you have a job fgt
i'd be happy with $300k/mo and can't find shit as a fresh graduate

Even 90 is low. Im making a 100k in florida by simply not being a shit ass like half the devs i know

Did you do interships and build a proper resume? Getting jobs for me out of school was really easy

no. A 1 bedroom apartment in Silicon Valley is about $2000-$2500.
In switzerland, it's about $1500. Expensive, but not ridiculous.
$1500 is the price of an apartment in the Bay Area CA in the areas not yet under gang control.

Prices in Zurich are easily as much as $2000-$2500 a month for an apartment.

do some networking m8, as in, talk to people, go to meetings, talk to them about your interests, ask them to help you find a job/more people, etc.
believe it or not, people here in chile use facebook and whatsapp groups, linkedin, etc. a lot, so you can start there.

in spain it's like 150 euros a month in the city for the shittiest apartment

Attached: 1541074942824.jpg (1024x1024, 176K)

>150 euros a month in the city for the shittiest apartment
I pay more than that in santiago of chile for a shitty studio apartment. yet, I bet your wages there are better than ours.

Only internships since you need to do those to even graduate, i don't really care about programming at all but got some small networking projects i made on my shitty homelab.
I know, been attending a couple of events and there's fucking nothing regarding my area. The only job offers i can find are from Santiago and everyone tells me that moving there from nothing is expensive as fuck.

How many non-white, criminal drug addicts would I find myself living next to in the shittiest Spanish apartment?

that sucks fren

none if you live in a respectable city, places like santander are mostly white and is probably the best city, almost no muslim immigration for the north. anything south of zamora though starts getting more 56%

give me a quick run down, how much does renting a pretty whatever, lower-middle standard apartment cost in silicon valley or in NY? how much do you spend on health insurance, food, commuting?

>american talking about low IQ
Nice joke. Now scooter back to walmart in your bathrobe, hippo.

>aparment
$2000
>health insurance
paid by the company, $0 premiums with $1000 HSA seed every year
>food
eat breakfast and lunch at work, take to-go for dinner (available at 5pm), only eat on weekends, probably $40 on groceries every month
>commuting
either ride the shuttle or bike

they're a bunch of communist shitholes

Call a recruiter they would be glad to get you a job

>I know, been attending a couple of events and there's fucking nothing regarding my area. The only job offers i can find are from Santiago and everyone tells me that moving there from nothing is expensive as fuck.
ah... yeah, you won't find anything outside santiago. you either move here, start your own business, or get used to the shittiest IT jobs you can find... that is, if you can find any.
btw, where do you live?

>Only internships since you need to do those to even graduate, i don't really care about programming at all but got some small networking projects i made on my shitty homelab.
do you have ways to prove to potential employers that, indeed, you did have personal projects? ever used github to keep config files or whatever you needed? added a link to your github repo(s) to your CV?

I make 60k/y in my firstyear at a company. Will increase to 90k/y within 3 years

what kind of apartment is that? how big it is, how close to your work place is it located, which district is it in i mean how safe it is?

A second floor corner apartment in a complex managed by a single owner. 800 square feet, 8 minute bike ride to the office.

Frugal Version:
>rent a room in a house
$800
>health insurance
paid by the company
>food
Get all calories from food at work except when dining out with friends.
>commuting
10 minute by bike.

>800 square feet
holy fucking jesus that is enormously large flat you have there
and you pay only 2000 for such a palace? where i live $3000 a month is a godsend salary and such an apartment would be first of all literally unavailable because maybe 0.1% of them are that big and it would cost around $1000

>or get used to the shittiest IT jobs you can find
The thing is, i'm fine with something shit like $300k/mo because i have zero expenses if i stay here in Araucanía, can't find shit tho.

>do you have ways to prove to potential employers that, indeed, you did have personal projects?
I guess i could VPN to my house from my phone right there and then SSH to my devices if they want to check something.

>However this is all before taxes, so theyll get fleeced quite roughly as well.
I've been a consultant for 20+ years. While I don't make 4-5 times as much as salaried programmers do, I definitely make a lot more. And, I write off *everything* so my effective tax rate is around 11%. No salaried person is going to be that low.

>shot in the fucking face?
oh, that's right, i forgot about my weekend side gig as a drug dealer with the local crips. when will i ever learn that it's not worth the risk?

You can't "write off everything" unless you legitimately spend everything you fucking retarded LARPER. Let's say you have a total revenue of 400k. The only way to reach an effective tax rate of 11%, which would be paying 44k in taxes, would be to literally "write off" 200k of expenses, which can only happen if you actually incur those, so your net is 200k, pretty much what any retard out of college makes in Silicon Valley these days.

Not in a city it's not. You're looking at needing to make at least 150k to afford a tiny house in a city with a car

lol every one of your assumptions is way off base, you faggot. either you're a fucking loser wagie or you have a shitty fresh-out-of-school cpa.

No it won't

>NY
Don't rent in Manhattan. That's it. You can live in Jersey City or a neighboring borough like Queens. There's easy access to public transportation so you don't even need a car.

>Why are tech salaries outside of the US so low?
Supply and demand.
As long as every kid in the school has learned to code there'll be no shortage of coders.

>t. larper

alright, if you want to believe that you have to pay high taxes, go right ahead. i'm just trying to let folks know that if you're a consultant who runs his own business, then you can be aggressive with your expenses and cut your tax rate waaaaaay down. pretty much everything you spend money on in your life can be paid for by your company and be listed as business-related. office, car, meals, education, entertainment, equipment. seriously, do you not know how this works?

Is there some ranking of the pure "intellectual" difficulty of certain positions in tech? Obviously this would lead to a lot of debate but there needs to be some general divisions at least.

I'm looking for a position to have as a goal and would estimate my IQ about 120-130 (this was officially tested when I was younger) but am very lacking in experience.

tl;dr what are some solid positions to consider for someone in between a brainlet and a genius?

So you're a retard that just wastes a shitload of money? Congratulations.

Ah, so now you're changing your criticism? Have fun moving your goalposts, faggot.

Because they can't pass the coding interview

Attached: 1530365987682.png (664x840, 149K)

>buy lambo for $200,000
>b-but hey, at least I get to write off $60,000 in taxes
>haha I'm so rich!
>meanwhile the fresh hire wagie at Facebook drives a $5000 Civic and is $134,000 richer than you

lol, go ahead, give the taxman all your money.

BULLSHIT

Go to Madrid or Barcelona and try to find that kind of deal, motherfucker, I dare you.
Maybe you find those kind of fares in "cities" with 100 000 people or less, but definitely not in a big metropolis.

What do you mean why? Murilards are not good enough, that's why. American companies inflate the salaries so europoors, pajeets, rajeshes and chinks can come and work there. Mulirads can't compete with immigrants. So, I don't get this "hurr durr we earn more" threads, when in fact your people are not the one earning that money.

Attached: 1541257386817.jpg (832x832, 111K)

>Nederland.
>Not outsourcing it to Suriname
gaat gebeuren, man

>work for 10 years at company
>become part time
>work at the other for less
>get cancer
> 10 year one dumps you
>become full time in the other one.
>10 year one stock is a penny stock now

feels good

New York is pretty damn cheap. Apartments near Jersey City or South Brooklyn are like $800/month. Even Manhattan isn't that bad. You can find decent places around $1200. Boston is much worse and SF is just idiotic.

So a ~71 000 labor value but almost 1/2 goes to the government? So this is where the free stuff comes from lmao.

Dude, 5 years ago, I started making 47k/yr. September 24 I started a job making 130k.

I make 90k/yr base and I'm 24. Live with my parents so no rent. Biggest expenses are my car and my gf

I live in MA and rents here are getting ridiculous... I'm considering living at home for at least another year so I can have enough to put a down payment on a condo or something. Currently have about 65k saved, with some of it in stocks and mutual funds