Backwards compatibility is more important than innovation

>backwards compatibility is more important than innovation

Attached: 1536358437726.jpg (800x668, 52K)

True

ˢᵖᵒnˢᵒʳᵉᵈ ᵇʸ ᴬᵖᵖˡᵉ

> Innovation is automatically better...
Truly retarded desu

>monolithic kernels are better for performance

Attached: 1541117963778.png (644x800, 6K)

>systemd is bad

Attached: 6b5.png (680x550, 95K)

Hi, I research power systems security. A huge problem with our power grid's security is that a lot of the computers managing it are running some rather old versions of Windows, and they can't be upgraded. The software running on those computers might not work on newer versions.

Backwards compatibility is a pretty damn important thing. If you can't run the same program on the newer platform, you have to either shell out money to have a new program made from scratch every decade or so, or you have to stick to the older, less secure platform. Given that companies would like to not pay out the ass for a software product to do the exact same thing as the previous one, they'll likely choose the latter option.

Microkernels are definitely better for performance. But name a modern, well designed microkernel that you can actually use.

>amd faggots will defend this

>muh innovation (hello Apple shill)
>no backwards compatibility in your commercial software/hardware
WIthout backwards compatibility you lose the business/enterprise money, so that's a big no-no for tech companies.

You can use seL4 with the Genode OS framework. It's called Sculpt OS.

Attached: a_magical_place_0.png (913x463, 209K)

>innovation is always good

npc meme is one of the most cancerous things to his Jow Forums since the Jow Forums.js

.t

Attached: 6b5.png (1006x813, 73K)

it's literally the sheeple meme for zoomers
why is history doomed to repeat itself?

Attached: 1541265192549.png (720x717, 565K)

Is it possible to to turn npc into normal person using pills?

>people who don't conform to my very specific and unwavering belief system must be sub-humans who cannot think for themselves

It's called using weed

/thread

>pass bong to NPC
>becomes inanimate
good job

>"innovation" according to apple
>remove all ports because the future is wireless
>offer no better wireless solutions than before and make charging your devices even harder for no reason

Attached: 470924547157.jpg (600x767, 40K)

Attached: soulless wojak edits.png (2200x874, 1.58M)

Left was fun. Right is after the normie invasion.

this post made me wistful

Don't bother posting an actual opinion here, only stupid wojak edits and meme posts will get attention.

Attached: _20160713_094627.jpg (142x177, 6K)

>compatibility is more important than innovation

Attached: akqGz.png (1076x647, 328K)

Slap Linux on that shit

Absolutely correct.
I'm not paying a bunch of sleasy trendy modern hipsters to try to recreate the service that my IBM mainframe is doing so well.
If you want me to buy your computer, you better offer me full retro-compatibility.

Attached: boss.jpg (900x596, 58K)

Darwin? actually i'm quite curious to know how much of a trainwreck is to use darwin the same way people use desktop linuxes.

>normie invasion
>normie

Attached: 1529037267436.jpg (529x386, 133K)

>Backwards compatibility
>can't run the same program on the newer platform
that's upward compatibility you dipwit
also, writing nontrivial software for windows and expecting it to work at newer versions is next to impossible for managed code. shit even breaks at minor versions.

The fact that the NPC meme is constantly being used in a wrong context shows how retarded people are and that this board is actually full of "NPCs"

>(((innovation)))

Attached: girugamesh.png (452x391, 122K)

Microsoft's bread and butter is companies that computerized in the 90s that need backwards compatibility so that they can keep using their spreadsheet software from 1998.