ITT: real innovative tech

Attached: 1532509714287.jpg (700x1316, 451K)

My processor will finally be able to brew coffee ?

it changed my life

Attached: daisuki nendo.jpg (678x1024, 182K)

And hold and keep warm hot pockets for later consumption?

yes

Passively-cooled GPUs

Attached: palit.jpg (1080x720, 105K)

>a piece of copper and aluminium
>innovative tech
choose one

Seriously though, I don't understand why passive cooling isn't standard for most users, not interested in overclocking/tweaking. A computer should be perfectly silent.

Prepare to RMA until you don't have coil whine.

Hey, i heard you want your digital circuits to go over 3 Mhz

Attached: CMOS_Inverter.svg.png (1200x1200, 23K)

Don't mean to sound like a shill but if any other company can cram a quad-core i7, rx 470 gpu in a 9" x 5" x 1.5" enclosure or smaller without it thermal throttling during normal use please let me know.

Attached: nuc_1.jpg (740x383, 27K)

how much fan noise though?

reasonably loud for the form factor but only under max cpu+gpu load most likely

>without thermal throttling
I got bad news for you user

>during normal use
Of course it's gonna throttle if you run avx prime95 + furmark for an extended duration.

That NUC is really impressive, I feel like I want one but at the same time have no actual use for the thing.

same, vega 56 gpu is half of the nuc price with twice the performance (at least) and twice the vRAM.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-04-17-41-04(1).jpg (720x767, 172K)

what the fuck is up with coil whine anyway? or rather, what the fuck is up with the quality assurance of these products? it seems like every goddamn PSU and GPU have coil whine these days. same with backlight bleeding for new monitors. it should be illegal!

Someone tell AMD

Most users likely don't care for perfect silence and having some actual airflow beyond natural convection vastly improves cooling while also decreasing the required size of the heatsink.

3rd reply

Xbox One X without an internal PSU and without the BluRay drive is more powerful and about the same size.

On paper. The thermal/TDP throttling on that thing is really really really bad not to mention the cpu consists of faildozers cores at 2.3GHz (which also throttles). Consolefags will lap this dogshit like the second cumming of christ tho.

Attached: xbox-one-x-aco-frametimes-fight.png (807x371, 18K)

16.6ms is 60fps btw

>[anything that causes a minor inconvenience to me] should be illegal
why do people run to the government to solve all their problems for you?
You want a SWAT team to break in and change your diaper too?

your opinion should be illegal

>about the same size
What?

Attached: Comb04112018061710.jpg (1135x998, 184K)

>8.5 pounds
Holy shit, that could kill someone if it fell. Why is it so heavy?

Attached: zachqwe1o4w01.jpg (645x773, 62K)

Attached: 1537772613321.jpg (608x509, 94K)

Now slap a fan on it

Too bad for you, I've got a LOICENSE for my opinion

but does it have a glowing skull?

Ignore the text, it's fucking bullshit. In the future we would want cleaning fenamonbots, or make passable food on the days you don't feel like cooking.

Or dual pci-express m.2 slots that can be hw 1/0 raided
Or dual ddr4 sodimm slots that can go up to 64GB
Or *free* games
Or thunderbolt 3/USB/SD ports
Or ect ect

Attached: 1524561102677.jpg (680x537, 40K)

nope, bad idea. I had a monstrous fanless hsf (Zalman FX100). It worked fine until the weight killed the motherboard. Fanless hsf is a meme. Much better to run a quiet fan with a standing heatpipe hsf rated for a higher tdp than cpu tdp.

Attached: fx100-large.jpg (2676x2443, 569K)

Because it doesn't work that well. Unless you drown it in mineral oil or put in a sealed wind tunnel.

Really pushing the threshold there buddy.

do some push ups

still need a way to exhaust heat buildup inside pc case. Without any exhaust fan, pc will overheat. I tried completely fanless once

Should have tied it to the case with baling wire

No power brick, PSU is inside the case.