Save your eyes, get 240hz monitor

It's like you want to be near sighted

Attached: 1522297251727.jpg (1280x720, 143K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sagernotebook.com/Notebook-NP9155.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

90-100Hz is the sweet spot.
120Hz is pushing it.
144Hz is pure placebo.
240Hz is falling for the marketing.

Geez the fucking refresh rate arms race.

600hz when?

Attached: Segway_Polizei.jpg (2126x1685, 494K)

t. Eyelet

t. I need a 240Hz monitor to play """competitive""" Overwatch

I don't play overwatch and I don't have a 240hz monitor. I went to the store and tried it, there's a very noticeable difference between 144hz and 240hz. You may not see it.

The 144Hz was rigged to look bad in the store

How would a lower refresh rate damage your eyesight? Do you think looking at a stationary image will make you go blind as well?

Uhh, yah
It's why people go blind when they look at the sun. It's a stationary image.
We all know the world is flat.

The change from tube to modern panels was a fucking downgrade, yes they weight less and are much more portable enabling growth of new devices but the actual truth is that they had and still have less Hz and the color accuracy is unrealistic making every movie look like a fucking cartoon show.

>mu my eyes don't see more than 15fps
its still a downgrade

>mu i like animu
ye actual downgrade

based

144hz is noticeable eyelet

anime on 120hz is much smoother than 60hz thanks to tscale setting in mpv

1. screenshot isnt even hitting 240hz on csgo lol
2. usually valve makes helicopter blades preblurred, because no matter how high your hz is its not close enough to be continuos which causes legit blurring

I'm sure you can also hear the difference between FLAC and WAV

No but I can tell the difference between 320kbs and FLAC bnich, same difference.

hahaha

using LCDs since 2007, all at 60Hz, at least 10h a day.
My eyesight is better than yours ever will be.

I dont need more than 30 Hz. Call me a pleb or whatever, but at least I dont have to spend money because I dont see a difference anyway.

i am near sighted, do you think these crappy monitors over the years have caused my nearsightedness?

Yes

well they don't make 120fps 14" laptops with a trackpad, which i am using for programming. i don't use computers to play videogames

>The change from tube to modern panels was a fucking downgrade
>yes they weight less and are much more portable enabling growth of new devices

so you'd rather not have screens than have good, portability and use less power. yeah much worse.

>the 4k meme

i became nearsighted after using computer for a year, that was CRT though

Disgusting graphics.

This is bait. You can see the Fraps counter, they're both going at 170Hz

All that Hz and still more input lag than a CRT baka.

They do, however, make 15.6" laptops like that.

sagernotebook.com/Notebook-NP9155.html

OP is a shill. Sage, report and don't fall for his merchant tricks.

>I can tell the difference between 320kbs and FLAC bnich
You could probably make a career as the most expensive tuner, after all nobody managed to pass AB, let alone ABX tests trying to disgtinguish between transparent lossy and lossless.

Got any numbers?

320k and flac difference is massive, all you need is a good audio setup

With gold plated cables

The helicopter propellers look way more natural in the 60hz

Is 240Hz really worth it if the GPU can't reach 240fps?

DELETE THIS

I'm planning on getting a 240hz when I upgrade my GPU. Probably around the time Navi comes out in case it brings prices down.

And wood knobs. Preferably teak, but cherry is good if you don't mind a little extra weightiness in the sound.

All of you retards wave your hand in front of face right now. See that blurring? That's your brain unable to process detail show for less than ~13ms at a time. Most people have a threshold higher than that up to 20ms. Yes you can "see" up to like 1000 FPS but it doesn't mean your brain will be able to clearly process any of that at all. Most people won't benefit beyond 60 FPS and very very very... few will be able to make out detail shown for less than 13ms at a time (ie jet fighter aircraft pilots).

24 - 30 FPS: 41.6 - 33.3 milliseconds
50 - 60 FPS: 20.0 - 16.6 milliseconds
75 - 90 FPS: 13.3 - 11.1 milliseconds
120 FPS: 8.3 milliseconds

So if you believe you are a very small fraction of the population with really good eyes then get a 75Hz at most. If you SERIOUSLY believe you can benefit from anything faster than that then consider becoming a jet fighter aircraft pilot.

Attached: grimes_surrounded_by_fans.jpg (733x464, 102K)

This guy is full of shit and you should definitely buy a 240Hz monitor

Attached: Jew.jpg (400x400, 34K)

Noob gold sounds like shit

Even if your brain has to interpolate the frames it can't see, the motion smoothness is noticeable. Yes, it's diminishing returns once you get 75 Hz and above, but at getting 75 vs 144 Hz can be worth the premium. The only reason 240 Hz is not worth it right now is because the resolution and TN panels are trash.

Also we have HDR to care about too and I don't think anyone has hit the VESA HDR 1000 standard other than that Phillips TV.

>Even if your brain has to interpolate the frames it can't see, the motion smoothness is noticeable.
You're confusing monitor response time with refresh rate. A monitor with 1ms response time and 60Hz refresh rate will be significantly "smoother" than a monitor with a 10ms response time and a 120Hz refresh rate.

>Yes, it's diminishing returns once you get 75 Hz and above, but at getting 75 vs 144 Hz can be worth the premium.
Not to 99.999...% of the human population.

Look man like I said if you truly believe you can benefit from higher than 75Hz displays then consider becoming a fighter aircraft pilot.

Attached: 1541304969663.jpg (612x612, 91K)

Why would refresh rate effect your eyesight?

>t someone who never ever seen a 144hz display

That's the worst part, I do own one and I realized what a huge meme it was. Now I'm stuck on 1080p resolution until I save enough to switch to a 4K monitor.

I can differentiate single frames on my 120Hz display. You're full of shit, having a higher refresh rate means you get more information, which matters a lot when you're looking at quick pans across a scene and trying to tell what's going on there.

This is why I squat?

kill yourself, my man

>So if you believe you are a very small fraction of the population with really good eyes then get a 75Hz at most.
'sup tard, as much as I dislike apple there is a reason their ipads push 120hz, people can see it, and it looks superior to 60hz.

Have you sent your fighter aircraft applications in yet?

Yeah, it's amazing what a placebo can do to people. Next year they'll release 240Hz iPads and people will go "wow I can totally see twice the fps".

so if I can see 240hz I can be a fighter jet? Fuckin' A, breaux.

>I can differentiate single frames on my 120Hz display

Attached: Smile2.jpg (362x310, 48K)

Plebian troll ass nigga.

It's been academically trialed that a 15ms is the most people can, generally, consciously notice a difference/change. I don't have the source on hand, though.
So yes, past 75hz you're getting into very diminishing returns, whereas 60hz is "close" to appearing smooth.

CRT were usually 70-85hz and people were satisfied with that. Then some retards decided 60hz would be standard for LCDs.

Conversely, around 300hz is around the point at which the airforce says that we can no longer see any difference at all on a subconscious level.

24fps is optimal anything more is just placebo

So your eyes are fucking horrible and you extrapolate that experience to everything? I've used 60hz displays all my life and it's only been 4 months since I bought a 144hz panel anything under 90 feels insufferable. I've replayed new vegas but because bethesda fucked up that engine i ended up with only 80fps and it took me solid 10 hours to accommodate to this and even then it was still uncomfortable.
also
>4k
just turn up antialiasing you nigger, you've already revealed you have horrible eyes so there's no way you can see individual pixels on your screen unless you're pushing your nose into it

I'm not, response time is the time pixels need to change from black to white color, which doesn't govern smoothness but acts as an effective limit on your display before it starts ghosting, which is an entirely different situation from the problem of smoothness. So no, 60 Hz and 1 ms response would not look smoother, but it would look better because 120 Hz and 10 ms response time would be always ghosting and unacceptable for release to the market.

Again, let me clarify, yes, refresh rate has diminishing returns but no, just because you can't process every frame in your brain and gather visual information from it to act does not mean the extra frames go to waste, your brain again interpolates the extra information you can not process visually to give the impression of more fluidity and smoothness.

Let me get that straight.
You bought a 144Hz display on which you can totally see the difference yet you've got a GPU that struggles to get 80fps out of an 8 years old game

No seriously, apple will shit out any gimmick and people will praise it as "revolutionary" even if it means jack shit in real world objective metrics. I applaud them for being able to rip people off that easily. 480Hz iPads shouled easily be able to rake in millions of more customers in.

>"I-I can see 9001 gorrilion fps"
>"buh mah gaymen card can only do 80"

Attached: 1537238112178.jpg (321x432, 34K)

>gpu
no, the CPU, i have 2600 and i get more fps in fucking skyrim. The entire engine is fucked up as even on the lowest resolution i gained just 5 fucking fps. God knows what special sauce intel compiler injected into this game

get a decent computer that pumps out 144 frames per second in Quake or whatever, and play it on a 60hz monitor and a 144hz monitor. you will see the difference, guaranteed.

i know this is bait but i'm still going to reply to it

Attached: me.jpg (174x238, 21K)

>your brain again interpolates the extra information your eyes can't see

Its called a placebo. Your brain process extra information when on drugs too doesn't mean it's there. Get your head checked.

Wow, I had no idea there were this many jet fighter aircraft pilots on Jow Forums.

What aircraft do you pilot? Does it at least go mach 2?

Attached: 1539830492506.jpg (500x432, 37K)

Attached: file.png (640x960, 988K)

i do have a pilot's license
i fly c-cessnas b-but it's p-pretty similar user

turn on temporal scaler

Nope, I have myopia, and I wouldn't want to be a pilot anyway.

I'm confused, it's a bait or a shill thread?

>interpolated visual information is placebo

Yeah no, fuck you. The information exists and is there, it's not made up of nothing.

macbook pro speakers

Both

Thats why you play the latest games on low graphics 720p/1080p even though you have a 1080ti because

>hardcore gamer

I have a 144hz monitor, it was not rigged, I would know

Baiting double-agent

Also
>only getting 176 fps in fucking counterstrke

Just saying, but they tank the graphics because excessive effects is a impairment while playing. It looks good but it doesn't help.

Like I wrote, take part in tests, amaze the whole world, tune pianos for big bucks.

I like eye cancer too

As far as this fighter pilot meme, you don't need to "be able to see 300hz" to be a fighter pilot.
It's just that the US Airforce has done such testing to see that that's the limit you can subconciously notice a difference in.

I'm pretty sure the F35 still uses 60hz screens.

Can Jow Forums recommend some crts that don't have too much junk in the trunk

Attached: crt.jpg (1200x1600, 204K)

The only 240Hz now available are shitty AUO 6bit TN 1080p panels with low ppi
When at least 24" 1440p proper 10-bit non-TN 240Hz are out then it's worth

Any links to reliable research which shows that 240Hz monitors are a remedy against myopia?

My 15 year old plasma TV does 600Hz.

do you understand what a CRT is?

>Never heard of slim crts

Do you understand how rear projection tvs work?

Attached: rptv_diagram.jpg (265x198, 9K)

they are shit, most of them have shadows or if you not dead center you wont see shit

Wern't the pictures on those a little fuzzy?

Even then, a gamer is made to see fast moving objects, and pump adrenaline 10 hours a day, before he's even an adult. I figure a gamer, or future gamers (with even more faster paced games) can see more frames than a fighter jet pilot.

not being able to see an object displayed only in 1 frame != not being able to notice the smoothness of movement

They could do 480p just fine.

Attached: mk.jpg (4608x3456, 3.69M)

>Upgrading before monitors hit 1khz refresh rate
Fucking NPCs

>plasma TV does 600Hz.
>he doesn't know the difference between subfield drive and refresh rate

Attached: 62615.jpg (645x729, 41K)

>240Hz monitors
Enjoy your reverse ghosting

Get a 240hz monitor. You don't want to hurt your eyes do you goyim?

Attached: kike.jpg (1600x900, 219K)