Jesus Christ this is the most cringe-inducing show I've ever seen and the normis eat it the fuck up

Jesus Christ this is the most cringe-inducing show I've ever seen and the normis eat it the fuck up

Attached: MV5BMTYzMDE2MzI4MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTkxODgxOTE@._V1_.jpg (1012x1500, 524K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u1Ds9CeG-VY
youtube.com/watch?v=_cjfvH9UekA
youtube.com/watch?v=-hL4lMcIqS4
youtube.com/watch?v=r1z5y8mMi6M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Can you expand on this?

>implying Mr Robot ever hit Swordfish levels of cringe
>youtube.com/watch?v=u1Ds9CeG-VY

it's only you that making it so.
by perpetuating your own shit

>the normis eat it the fuck up
No they don’t

nah it's good

I've known very few people who have watched it

your dad watched me fuck your mom

I thought the same thing the first time I tried to watch it. Picked it up again a while later and thought it was all right.

meh, I like it.

It's not cringe if every female (and most males) on earth want to fuck you

that poster looks soo edgy
lemme guess its full of c00l hax0rz guys intensely staring at the screen and rapidly typing in without looking

That is the gayest thing I've read all week.

Not actually, it's more about a guy that suffers of axiety and suicidal tier depression that happens to know how to code. Also dad issues

Yes! Also drilling holes into components and watching the console as a password is bruteforced.

Can you imagine being this upset about a tv show being well reviewed?

this

your dad fucked me

Based and orange-pilled

no one's cared about this since 2016

at least he danced like a hacker

i knew a guy who drilled a server lock instead of using a bic pen. true story.

And I watched

>is a pro hacker
>>>>>>>>uses linux mint
>>>>>>>>>>linux
>>>>>>>>>>>>mint

Attached: DDFE76CA-43E7-40A3-9331-B65375C4DA3B.jpg (1242x660, 343K)

The first 2 or 3 episodes were actually really good
Then it seems like the higher-ups realized you can't be [[DROPPING SUCH WOKE REDPILL BOMBS ON TV]] so they had to soften it up and make the characters like drug addicts and addicted to crime and shit; its too bad because it could've actually been pretty good. instead it just got retarded.

I didn't know Freddie Mercury also did hack

>be a pro hacker
>use a fucking foot for your DE
youtube.com/watch?v=_cjfvH9UekA

He uses Kali

I've only watched the first season. It was alright, but I'm not sure I'm going to bother beyond that. The whole mr. robot reveal was just so cheesy. Too bad about his cute drug dealer too.

2nd season was so bad I dropped it there

now I'm your mom

"OH MY GOD, CHRISTIAN SLATER IS MY DAD!"
"OH MY GOD, EVEN WORSE, I'M CHRISTIAN SLATER!"

>Also drilling holes into components
This is a perfectly fine way of obliterating a drive.
>and watching the console as a password is bruteforced.
What the fuck else am I going to do? It’s very stress and anxiety inducing waiting for a password

Season one is it’s own perfectly self contained series. It has a much better tone and pacing than 2 and 3.

Holy fucking cringe

What happened to the Jow Forums I use to know?

It just felt like it went crazytown in the end. It was going on as a straightforward caper, and then suddenly it had like 10 ridiculous plotlines stuffed into the last 4 episodes, along with a twist that would make mnightshamallan blush.

This

It did.

>I've been a hacker 27 years xD
>uhh you don't know how a binding agent on tape works mr.27 years hacker and all the other folks here who hacked the planet kek? xD *throws tape on heatplate*

second season is a bit of a lull at the start but it ramps up at the end and then all of season 3 is exceptional

It's Hollywood crap, it's supposed to be entertaining and not accurate.

tons of actual hackers and security firms have said it's the most realistic depiction to date, especially since a lot of the hacks are "hello, i'm the county password inspector" tier shit instead of "i've backdoored the encrypted mainframe debugger, time to inject the worm and brute force the ip address" nonsense

It would have been a great show if they had just kept it a semi-accurate hacking show like in the first episodes, but of course that would bore the normies and they'd stop watching without constant cliffhangers so they had to turn it into "woah bro I'm going full schizo xDdd!!! The thing that you thought was real last week?? It's not!!!! Xddd"

wow assembling a 3d cube
made of other 3d cubes
such coding
much hacker

Also I have absolutely no idea who the target audience was supposed to be because the group of people who appreciate realistic hacking scenes are not going to give the slightest shit about some normie tier drama revolving around a pop culture mental illness and vice versa.

youtube.com/watch?v=-hL4lMcIqS4
WE
LIVE IN A SOCIETY

youtube.com/watch?v=r1z5y8mMi6M

I get cringe when I see spergs talking about how is shit because the hacking is too irreal. First off, it's accurate, times look faster because it's a fucking show but the idea is mostly the same, and most effective "hacking" is actually based on social engineering like in real life. The other type of hacking is sitting your ass reading published vulnerabilities or finding yourself one; specifically in the machine you want to attack, this is just made in other season and it actually took time to do, easier because they knew the system source by working there.
But most importantly, the fucking point of the show aren't those details, it's the guy, as
said, it's about loneliness and moral, you have more than one thought about something being good or bad; the point is not either to be biologically accurate with the double personality, is more of a fantasy visualization about internal conflicts.
All is well put together, you get mad at literally a tv show.
>wanted to be a l33t hacker
>failed because brainlet
>then this show about a hacker came
>it's cool as fuck
>fictional character is all you ever wanted to be
>it's better than you
>buaaah why I can't be like him this show is totally shit

>all method of hacking used by the show is real
>its true that people working in computer are more likely to be depressed and drug addict
>using real linux distro
>there is no 90s nerd with big glasses
>Eliott is pretty based and redpilled

the only cringie shit I can think of is the KDE guy scene

Attached: mr-robot-101-gnome-vs-kde.png (720x405, 246K)

Reminds me of that one guy who told he was going to install Kali Linux and learn how about computers after seeing some Mr. Robot Eps, He couldn't even install Ubuntu.

Dude, go on /tv/ and they'll tell you the exact opposite, it's just a matter of who's watching it.
I'm a soft dev but I don't have much experience in networks so I watched the show actually thinking that the shit they're pulling might actually be possible (at least in S1).
For the schizo part, if you watched Fight Club you'd have understood what would happen with only the first episode. It's exactly the same plot but more modern. It's foreshadowing it so much it's practically screaming the entire season "IT'S NOT REAL, HE'S JUST CRAZY".

It's actually not cringy in the context of the episode. I mean it's like, the executive that used to work in dev encounters a briliant cybersecurity engineer and engages in linux small talk. It's like when you see a kid play a video game you used to play or something like that. It makes you think back a bit and might induce nostalgia, making you want to talk about it.
This scene also serves to introduce that guy as tech savvy. He's not a guy that ramped up the ladder only with soft skills, he also knows his shit.

Step aside.

Attached: 08-Sin-miedo-a-la-verdad.jpg (600x776, 103K)

Jow Forums used to talk about this show positively back when the first season was airing.

A FOOKIN FOOT.
A.
FOOKIN.
FOOT.

first series was ok second was worse only stared the third but i feel it's going to be shit

No, it's least un-accurate. It's common everyday shit.

It went to shit REAL fast. After the first few episodes, only neo-Jow Forums was talking about it.

Have you seen the episode descriptions?

Attached: Cringe.png (994x954, 362K)

It's normie nowpunk, WHAT did you expect?

Is it worse than big normalfag theory?

No, different genre. It's entertaining for someone Jow Forums related, but don't expect anything more than entertainment.

This, but it basically retold Fight Club

shit it's even worse than i thought

t. desperate incel who thinks having sex trumps everything

>>>/Reddit/

Fuck you Swordfish is a masterpiece!

Swordfish, Hackers, etc, all of them are great and awesome because they don't try to be anything more than entertainment.
Mr.Robot, specially after the first few episodes, went to total shit to anyone slightly over normie levels of Jow Forums knowledge. Sure it still has a comedic factor, but that's it.

>hacking
>on a mac
>running osx
>not hacking on a thinkpad running unix
>implying you can hack on a mac
You can't hack shit on an apple device with it's locked down OS and constant monitoring of your each and every move. What a laughable show.

Is this reddit??

This. S1 is pretty good. Didn't like S2 at all, felt like they're dragging it too much.

With a couple re-edits in the S1 final episodes, it could very well finish there.

Attached: Azu is looking.jpg (555x531, 38K)

>>implying you can hack on a mac
implying you cant you absolute fuckhead.

>what is ruby
>what is bash
>what is github
>what is python
>what are vms
but most of all

>what is as unix compliant OS

>Mr.Robot, specially after the first few episodes, went to total shit to anyone slightly over normie levels of Jow Forums knowledge
How so? And I'm genuinely curious as to where you would've taken the story? As I've gathered, people are objecting to themes explored in the series and I don't understand it. Aren't writers free to explore anything other than technology in a technology related TV show?

>YA NO ESTAS SOLO

this but unironically
gets woke

fuck off Esmail i'm not writing your show for you

>As I've gathered, people are objecting to themes explored in the series and I don't understand it

Attached: 1541283672603.png (689x610, 158K)

>Aren't writers free to explore anything other than technology in a technology related TV show?
yes, and wouldn't your precious harry potter and marvel movies be much better if half of the screentime was about drugs, crime, and if half the avengers or ron weasley are actually dead and manifestation of the protagonist's insecure delusions and also misrepresent mental illness and autism every step of the way?

I agree, it's complete garbage, the writing is so so bad.

It's trying to be deep and complex but without any support so it just falls on it's pretentious face, all the way through the floorboards and into the ground. I felt the same way about what very little I watched of Black Mirror.

Yeah, it's not reel like Jow Forums. We acktually know wtf we're talking about lol

The only reason I can think of to answer why you'd think that is the unrealistic hackz, but those only make up like 10% of the show and the rest is Elliot struggling with schizophrenia n shit so wtf

I've literally thought about doing this exact thing. Just making like a two and a half hour long movie edit of the first season. Just focus on Elliot's crazy shit and end it with the S2 episode showing the montage of him going to jail. It would unironically make a pretty decent movie, ngl

>that shirt
Dios mio

dude, you're onto something

Tried to start on editing it, but I ended up having some audio sync issues. Plus, it's hard to get rid of some of the more annoying and obonoxious voiceover monologue. The first third of the film would probably just be most of episode one with the filler ripped out. Then you focus on him joining the team (none of that "will he, won't he?" bullshit) and then the actual takedown of Steel Mountain. End with the Fight Club twist, he goes to jail, boom, decent self-contained film.

no this is Patrick!

I'm sure a ton of people would watch that. I feel everyone loves hacker/man vs self themed movies regardless of whether they're good or not, but this one sounds like it would be really good.

Thanks user, unironically, you've inspired me to take another stab at it.

do it man!

You should do it, user. It has a lot of potential. I'd watch it for sure!

Attached: the gang.jpg (1049x1481, 1.2M)

It was cringe for me because he said that he uses KDE but "GNOME is meant to be better" or something like that.
I've never heard of a KDE user that would say anything positive about GNOME.

I think that entire scene was meant to depict the fact the dude didn't know shit

They are just fucking nitpicking. Because Elliot is supposed to be like an average Jow Forums user in their mind. This is the story if Elliot is a Jow Forums user.
>begin scene
>wake up a 1pm
>grab the half open box of lucky charms from under his bed
>stuff his face as he is still in bed
>phone post until 2:30pm when he eventually decides to get up
>Walk over to 1337 hax0r computer running arch
>runs "sudo pacman -Syyu"
>Xorg crashes
>sends 8 hours on his windows computer trying to diagnosis the problem
>stuffing his face with gas station tier food while doing such
>figures it out
>"I'm a 1337 hax0r I figured out how to fix xorg.conf"
>The outro music plays
>end scene

Attached: mrrobot_s2_cast_rami-malek2-920x518.jpg (920x518, 33K)

kek

this unironically sounds better than actual Mr. Robot
would watch/10

I don't know user it's got some cringey themes but it's breddy gud overall.

>dude drugs lmao
>dude roasties lmao
>dude society lmao
>hackers rise up!

hey I'm and your post is exaclty what I was thinking hours after posting my post

Attached: ^39BAE125D1D314C4C0F70D25BF7F88A581A86B44A29FE2AADB^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.png (217x190, 55K)

There are a few good episodes that carry the plot. The first episode pissed me off with "I see you running GNOME, I'm actually on KDE myself and I know they say this desktop environment is better but old habits they die hard." Then later...

"*cries like a twat in the corner* Sometimes I get so lonely" "I do morphine" then his hottie dealer comes over gives him his set and she offers MDMA and they bang.

"MUHH LONELY" Also the first episode with Ron's Coffee shop how does "controlling the exit nodes" allow you to see encrypted traffic to a hidden service? I understand seeing clearnet traffic from tor but a hidden service doesn't make much sense unless Elliott has NSA type of packet tracing capabilities.

Attached: 1541347700844.jpg (1080x1080, 80K)

I actually watched the 3 seasons

and whatever people tell you about it's a must watch especially if you're intersted about tech and tech-related politics

you might not like it but it still a must watch

(just don't care about Jow Forums-tards baching it because it say some shits about trump in the third season)

Attached: 1528457448877.png (1000x1000, 1.76M)