What is XMPP?

>What is XMPP?
Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP) is a communication protocol for message-oriented middleware.
Unlike most instant messaging protocols, XMPP is defined in an open standard and uses an open systems approach of development and application, by which anyone may implement an XMPP service and interoperate with other organizations' implementations. Because XMPP is an open protocol, implementations can be developed using any software license and many server, client, and library implementations are distributed as free and open-source software.

>What client should I use?
Get Conversations if you are on Android, Gajim or Pidgin on desktop PC.

>How do I join this Jow Forums groupchat?
Here is the link: xmpp:[email protected]?join

Attached: xmpp.png (220x226, 14K)

Very good Federated protocol. THIS is the move goyims, no more discord

Attached: 93D49E376B3C4AD4973874E39B51C458.jpg (1024x756, 79K)

(you)

Yeah but why use XMPP over irc?

Because shut up!

Please share groupchats. I want to join more.

Actually tell me why I should use XMPP over IRC, everyone I talk with uses IRC.

I'm only here because I clicked on the wrong thread by accident. I'm leaving now. Good luck with your xylophones.

no reason if you already use irc or discord or whatever
xmpp is more like for you're programming a chat group for an application, then you should consider using it because it's very secure

>Gajim or Pidgin
just gajim

XMPP is deprecated and superceded by Discord

discord is not a protocol

Discord is deprecated and superseded by Steam Chat

>XMPP is deprecated and superceded by Discord
Lol discord is a fucking botnet. Why use Discord when you have Mumble?

Why not Matrix? That seems more promising to me.

>Why not Matrix?
Not audited, too buggy, not matured enough, also has a slow electron client.

Matrix is a protocol, not an application

Why is a literally 20 years old protocol being shilled so hard on Jow Forums lately?
I'm not saying it's bad, I actually use it daily because it's much better than anything else out there. But what is going on here? Is it some zoomer who just found out about it and keeps posting the same thread every day?

Also
>Get Conversations if you are on Android
Actually, get Pix-Art

>But what is going on here? Is it some zoomer who just found out about it and keeps posting the same thread every day?
It's to promote the protocol and the Jow Forums public MUC which is happening now.

>Actually, get Pix-Art
No. You fags can't even explain why.

>it's much better than anything else out there
Then why are you complaining? So much negativity on Jow Forums. Even when things go right, someone has to moan.

What's a MUC?

>What's a MUC?
multi user chat. xmpp's name for group chat. we are talking in a Jow Forums chat right now. sameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

There isn't too many reasons, apart from things like it's federated so you only need to sign up to one server and you can connect to them all, omeme encryption, easier to get your normie friends to sign up and it's extensible so there's so much shit that can be supported. Discord, however, a shit.

>only viable desktop client is written with electron
I hate that Matrix is pushed so much. Just finish the pidgin plugin already, then I can use it in Pidgin.

isn't xmpp one of those uefi options that speeds up youre ram, how is this a "communication protocol"?

Nobody uses this, except maybe the dick who keeps pasting this thread every day.

so what do you use instead? It respects your freedom and isn't owned by some shady middleman that definitely doesn't give your data away voluntarily, right?