How NVIDIA conquered the masses

dont watch ff you are sheep goy

youtube.com/watch?v=o_LSLPItMTY&t=6s

Attached: OY VEY.png (1920x1080, 1.55M)

Other urls found in this thread:

cnet.com/news/nvidia-cuts-prices-on-gtx-260-280-graphics-boards/
forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2013/10/28/nvidia-issues-aggressive-33-percent-price-drops-for-geforce-gtx-780-770-graphics-cards/#49c0416f1a17
youtube.com/watch?v=0dEyLoH3eTA
youtube.com/watch?v=0CSby1zFkDw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The video crashed. I'm on AMD btw.

This redpill is too big to swallow

>nvidia market share
>edward bernays outta nowhere
welp that escalated quickly

Attached: worriedmerchantincolor.png (782x670, 532K)

>literally look for reviews and Jewish trick don't work
Is it really that hard?

>Using feminism and smoke
>Using footage iPhone sales day and tim cook
>Call mass media tv show manipulation
>Shit on Raja Koduri

Thats how you know its good

how about you fuck off AMD shill

Yeah it's PR not that nvidia cards perform better in more games using lower tdp and thus produce less heat

Yeah, just ignore the past where Radeon GPUs were objectively better. Still just 50% market share back then.

Only reason I went with nVidia is because to play 1440p 144Hz on all my games.

5 straight generations of dominance and 53% peak marketshare or so.
Nvidia dominates for 1.5 generations and everyone buys them, even if their $160 1050Ti is only two-thirds the performance of an RX470 for the same price.

most people are empty headed goys

>why yes unlike intellectual individuals who would rather spend more on a worse product

(((Edward Bernays))).

Every.
Fucking.
Time.

its simple really despite nvidias lies, jewery and underhanded tactics. they still offer the overall better product. sure amd cards might be cheaper and faster in some games but they lack the overall features of what nvidia offers. the hardware encoder for example. nvidia cards since the 6xx gtx line have a hardware encoder for video capture right on the card that is seperate from the actual gpu but still has access to the framebuffer so it can get the frames directly from there without impacting gpu performance. sure it might not look as pretty as software encoding but its fast, and it just werks. amd solution is to use the shaders which double as compute units which is also the case for nvidia to do hardware encoding which impacts performance. this little expose is only here to illustrate that the overall package is a better deal on the nvidia side. theres also the issue of the high end market. amd has currently no cards that compete with nivdias highest tier cards.
if amd would come out with something to compete than im pretty sure amds market share would go up accordingly.

the simple crux of the matter is nvidia is shit and does shitty things. but amd is worse. and if you have to choose between two piles of shit and are forced to eat one. you will choose the owe that stinks less.

Attached: becca shrug.png (760x579, 459K)

that's pretty ironic
what's funny is ATI had Nvidia beat for 5ish years
even my nvidiot friend bought a 5850HD and didnt need to upgrade for years whenever that was
then he had a 970
then he downsized to a mini-itx box with a 580
then now is a macfag

It's almost like AMD gave up making enthusiast GPUs so they lost their share of the market. Having a bleeding edge product boosts sales of your lesser product, it is a common marketing strategy.

Who is this cum conjurer?

community manager and voice actor for digital extremes

friendly reminder
the 9800gtx/GT260/GTX280 were such shit that nvidia had to cut costs from $649 and $399 to $499 and $299
they had to pricematch the ATI HD4870 (which was still better)

Same thing happened with the GTX700 series and the R9 200 series

cnet.com/news/nvidia-cuts-prices-on-gtx-260-280-graphics-boards/
forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2013/10/28/nvidia-issues-aggressive-33-percent-price-drops-for-geforce-gtx-780-770-graphics-cards/#49c0416f1a17

What's funny is you still can't do that, even with an RTX 2080ti.
It depends on the game, obviously. I can hit 144hz with a 7870 i bought used off goodwill for $50 in the few games I play.

DE_Rebecca
Please don't make me start posting my folder of her. I haven't played Warframe since 2013.
Back in 2012 when it was very small closed alpha shit, I personally talked to her many times.

Also,

>its simple really despite nvidias lies, jewery and underhanded tactics. they still offer the overall better product. sure amd cards might be cheaper and faster in some games but they lack the overall features of what nvidia offers. the hardware encoder for example. nvidia cards since the 6xx gtx line have a hardware encoder for video capture right on the card that is seperate from the actual gpu but still has access to the framebuffer so it can get the frames directly from there without impacting gpu performance.
Uhhh how are you this misinformed and retarded? You actually believe that bullshit you just wrote?
Shadowplay lowers FPS more than twice as much as Relive does. AMD cards also have dedicated encoders.
AMD cards can also encode h265 with Relive, while Shadowplay can not.

They cut price of the 500 series by 30% on launch day of the 7970 and 7950.
And the 500 cards were still 25% worse performance for the money AFTER the price cut.
And that was when the drivers for GCN still sucked and there was still lots more performance to grow on GCN.

the 1050 ti is the most efficient gpu of all times

does that include consoles?
i had the idea AMERICAN Micro Devices won this generation by far

Brought to you by cryptocurrency scam. Otherwise you would buy something better.
Your CPU, most likely, have even more efficient GPU integrated right in it.

>amd has the better value and performance
video uploader really doesnt know how shitty to own a AMD gpu

I have thousands of video games. And I found that nvidia has better compatibility on some rare occasions. Which is why I got nvidia.

I believe you

I switched from amd because the drivers were fucking dogshit, no price/performance difference is going to make up for my computer blue screening from trying to play a webm.

Nice.
Nvidia kept making their driver/software worse and AMD kept making theirs better over the past 2 years and vastly surpassed Nvidia there.

Don't switch to AMD though because then they'll just switch that around and AMD's will become worse then again.

More historical context.
youtube.com/watch?v=0dEyLoH3eTA

Good, I want nvidia to become an absolute monopoly and fuck all gaymur shits in the ass.

Don't call it a grave. It's the future you chose.

Attached: 1539964418227.png (686x773, 74K)

>WAAAHH YOU SHOULD BUY INFERIOR PRODUCTS JUST BECAUSE

It's not Nvidia's fault that AMD sucks

It's not Nvidia's fault that AMD is a budget brand

Their cards worked, their drivers were ok compared to ATI back then (which were fucking garbage). And that is that simple. Reputation is what matters.

HAHAHAHAHAHA LOOK AT THIS SEETHING AMDJEET GRABBING AT STRAWS TO EXCUSE AMD'S SHITTY CARDS HAHAHAHAHAHA

>muh freud
>muh nvidia propaganda
>muh brainwashing
>muh subliminal suggestion
>muh people don't care about facts
>muh value for money

pathetic LMAO

I can tell you why I bought NVIDIA, it's because Pascal was much, much faster than anything AMD had at the time and I was extremely disappointed by the driver support for the 290X CF I had at the time. Don't regret my decision either, shit's expensive but at least it works and performs well.

I'll buy AMD when they're relevant at the high-end again.

AMDrones are like Apple users

They're going to keep buying trash even when its inferior

Being an AMDrone is being part of the AMD cult

Only AMD is good, Intel and Nvidia bad just like NPCs

t. nyidia shill

It's never amds fault, it's always everybody elses fault.
Back in the day when AMD GPUS were better, I bought them. These days Nvidia GPUS are better so I get them.
Instead of crying about muh mind share why doesn't amd make better cards again, so I can you know, buy them and support them.
But for god sake FUCK off if you think I should buy AMD gpus just out of "pitty" while people scream about "muh nvidia mindshare, why do people just buy them even when they are shit"

You faggots can't have it both ways, either people are informed and buy the best product, or they are fanboy retards and only buy their favorite brand.
You can't complain about nvidia fanboys and at the same time DEMAND people be amd fanboys because otherwise it's not fair.

HONESTLY JUST FUCK OFF, release a superior product or just shut the fuck up I want to see this bullshit brought up again.

you will never see intel or nvidia fanboys do these types of videos

only amd fanboys

from op's video, hardware unboxed and adoredtv they're all amd fanboys who go out of their way to shit on nvidia and intel

You can't criticize from a place of pow...
Hol up, are AMD the niggers of hardware?

>AMDrones are like Apple users
>They're going to keep buying trash even when its inferior
you do realize that's what you nvidiots did by buying the gtx 4xx and 5xx series?

>are AMD the niggers of hardware?
Nope, Intel has that spot now.

Attached: the pajeet's choice.png (1024x619, 425K)

amd gpus arent cheaper than nvidia in my country, for exaple both rx580 and gtx1060 cheapest cost around 270euros

I refuse to buy any Nvidia garbage, because their Linux drivers are objectively terrible.
They have directly affected my work, both in a professional and personal sense (I write stuff related to Linux graphics).

Since AMD's drivers are significantly better, they're literally the only viable option for discrete GPUs, and all I will buy. Intel iGPUs are good too, but that's not a discrete GPU obviously.
I would only ever consider buying Nvidia if they fix their garbage, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

Attached: 1402882854675.jpg (750x750, 107K)

Same here, plus their cards always run too hot and the shitty driver meme is not a meme

Nvidia has dominated for 6 generations now

Tesla, Fermi, Kepler, Maxwell, Pascal, Turing

AYYMD doesn't want to compete, not Nvidia's concern

AMD built itself as a poorfag brand so it's no surprise that they refuse to compete with Nvidia on the high end and are perfectly content on churning out low tier cards

They are probably content with console peasant shekels from Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo

The only reason they're competing on the CPU side is because of aggressive pricing, their CPUs aren't faster than Intel's rushed jobs and Intel didn't have any real competition for like 10 years that all of their best engineers are on different companies now

Nvidia won because they bought up major developer houses and took their marketing into massive overdrive.

They did this with 8800GTX and 8800GT-era. They were such blockbusters that it allowed Nvidia to weathered the Fermi debacle and rebound again with Kepler and Maxwell.

No because I got burned by Ayymd dogshit drivers too many time back then.

Actually, Nvidia only started to dominate with Kepler and onward.

It was highly contested with Telsa and Fermi was a flop.

>Make inferior product

>Have interior PR

>Calls competitor evil for having better PR

?????????

Attached: 1539898335826.jpg (700x5000, 1.83M)

AMD should invest in actual PR people instead of shills.

fanyboy shills do it for free though

>4-core Intel blowing out 8-core AMD out of the water
KEK
E
K

Never gets old

>for free
>when there are countless of anti-Nvidia and anti-Intel threads on Jow Forums every single day
>thinking that a bunch of fatso neets can pull that off
>same wojak replies, same canned responses, same forum sliding

Love all this nvidiot butthurt so much they lash out at AMD for the Nvidia assfucking they're getting with RTX prices. Intel will make GPUs for deep learning and not gaymen and AMD nakes Navi for consoles and machine learning first and foremost. Gaymur shits BTFOREVER, I hope nvidia fucks you in the ass as hard as possible.

Attached: 1523133145489.jpg (1280x1280, 90K)

>overhype his assfucker company non-existent product again
>being this emotional attached to a corporation while lecture us with the video in the OP

yeah, I believe it's delusional fanboy shills that think they are fighting some holy war against the big bad. Much like you have social justice warriors who think they are fighting nazies. They do it for free, because they are literal drones that can be directed to do your bidding.
What's better is unlike intel that leaves a money trail to them or nvidia. You can't prove these people are doing it on the behest of their company. So not only is it cheap, it's also safe and clean for AMD themselves.

KEEP CRYING GAYMUR SHITTER

Attached: 1464545892551.gif (300x300, 192K)

no sir ples this is not true

Attached: 1489160516428.png (800x612, 245K)

Since maxwell nvidia clearly had the better product and before that there were periods where amd was sometimes better but between amd shit drivers or developer support nvidia has always been the safe bet, it's just as simple as that.

>Pooduri
>deep learning
(lol

Intel's GPU will be a tech demo, they can't even get their own CPUs right and they're a CPU company first and foremost.

So much AyyMad itt

enjoy your nvidia RTfaX goy

Attached: a_ov_Pepe_160928.jpg (760x428, 30K)

>intel shitter is shitting on intel's 2020 GPU SUPERPOWER
lmoa what happened?

Watched the vid, it's shit.
>can you think of groups of consumers today who have emotional attachments to coporations and products despite what facts might say about the products
Yes, literally for every company, nvidia, AMD, intel, apple. There is literal retard fanboys for all companies.
I also dislike how in the video is trys to set this idea that only nvidia is manipulative and that amd is purely factual and gives you 100% accurate fair information.

The irony of the entire video is that it does what it critizises the video for, not only is it trying to create this image of "amd good guys, fair and factual" and nvidia "always evil and bad"
Leaving out actual performance metrics of video cards (except one example between 1060 3GB vs 580, price performance, which can change based on region and time).

Lastly what I hate the most is that this video doesn't try to be accurate and detailed, rather elicit an emotional response and probably generate some clicks and discussion by the usual fanboy on fanboy responses.

For all the "muh emotional manipulation of the subconjous is bad" he very likely is trying to use the same shit to get views, comments from the discussion and so on.

The irony of telling sheep that they sheep for following somebody else and instead should rise up behind you and chew down on your narrative is lost somewhere I guess.

>steam
amd users download drmless games.

>1050ti is still the best budget card
>1080ti/ 1180 are still the most powerful cards on the market
Why would anyone choose amd? When 1050ti gives 25% more performance than the 460 and costs the same?

Tesla was a huge success, you fucking faggot

8800 GTX & 8800 GT laughs in your fucking face, AYYMD couldn't compete with HD2000/3000 garbage at all in the DX10 era

Fermi was a great success too and outperforms HD5000/6000 garbage which has aged extremely poorly

youtube.com/watch?v=0CSby1zFkDw

Prices are not the same across all regions.
Freesync vs Gsync cost.
Better drivers/software (ReLive vs Shadowplay/GeForce Experience)

Nvidia's jew tricks to gain market share go all the way back to 1999 when they cockblocked 3dfx out of the OEM market, then bought up all their intellectual property and hired half their employees when 3dfx bought the farm.

Do those numbers come from steam, possibly during or shortly after the crypto-currency boom? Additionally do the numbers include laptops.

I ask these questions because these things may provide a LOGICAL reason why nvidia has the dominating market share.

They include laptops.
Another big factor is chink boom. Shortly after PUBG was released, the number of Chinese speakers went to over 30% (outnumbering English), windows 10 use increased by 20-25%, nVidia cards got over 15% more popular, 8GB RAM setups got twice as popular, etc.

Nvidia just werks and it's AMDs fault for making GPUs that perform worse in emulators and consume more wattage.

I thought the video was satire for people who can see through this bullshit. 10/10 would laugh at people shilling this shit again.