Why are zoomers so dumb to use this?

Why are zoomers so dumb to use this?

Attached: 1541113824636.jpg (1000x563, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mastodon.xyz/@TheKinrar/100504098312571577
discordapp.com/privacy
discordapp.com/terms
independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/china-social-credit-system-punishments-rewards-explained-a8297486.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Facebook–Cambridge_Analytica_data_scandal
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICloud_leaks_of_celebrity_photos
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It looks better than alternatives and you have custom emojis

>who cares if it's botnet my friends use it and its FOR GAYMURS LIKE ME

Why are you too dumb to use it?

Zoomers are tech illiterates

Never seen a decent tech literate zoomer that was born 1995 and later

You dont know my friend

But they know how to tap a touchscreen and navigate GUIs and keep up with consumerism trends.

Because everyone I have on Discord except for one friend doesn't use Telegram. That one particular friend of mine uses Telegram and Discord.

That zoomers are dumb that they don't know how to use Discord correctly or that zoomers are so dumb for using Discord?

If I woke up tomorrow and flatly refused to use DIscord, the only "friend" I would have left would be my mom. Discord was the least terrible platform when my friend's group set up and we don't have enough cohesion to survive a platform move.

Yeah cuz IRC is way better.

This. If I bail out of discord, I can’t use one of my friend groups only platforms.

Trying to learn how to use discord as a 25 year old boomer is a pain in the ass.

It's actually pretty neat for small friend groups where you can talk and chat. And it has some goodies like a music bot where everyone can throw in their songs. But these large Discord servers with thousands of people are just madness. It's kinda like a modernized Teamspeak.

But hey I'm a zoomer so what do you guys know that I don't?

It is, though

>25 year old boomer

Attached: 2342.png (723x632, 785K)

Gaming oriented.
Zoomers love gaming and anything that's gamer oriented sells quick. Discord is just that, and fucking a shit.

I guarantee the faggots that talk shit on IRC have never even used it. Too fucking retarded to verify their usernames and log in.

It's convenient, has a large user base, and has custom chat emojis. I don't really give a shit if it's a botnet when I could just close it and switch to IRC with a proxy if I need to talk about illegal shit (assuming that's your problem with it).

Don't get me wrong I love Teamspeak and spent many years with it, but it's really difficult to convince people who didn't grow up or into Teamspeak to use it.
But Discord has so many small things going for it like embedded pictures and links, server side chat history, a universal account system, custom server emojis which are especially great it smaller communities and mentions

Are you like 15 and/or have no friends irl?

Iktf. My clan is on Discord, which is why I started using it, but I joined a few huge servers for their emoji. There's all kinds of shit going on with people 'grinding' different servers and accruing points via bots for making posts. Some servers even do giveaways, though they're not ostensibly promoting any kind of product. It's like there's some kind of underlying economy I'm missing.

>server side chat history

Isn't that bad?

mastodon.xyz/@TheKinrar/100504098312571577

It's easier to use.

You can still talk with people when you're on a different device like on a phone

>join my server!
The first time someone said this to me, I thought I was connecting to his computer. I fucking hate these cringe faggots on discord.

*sip*

Why do you need a chat history for that?

>Some servers even do giveaways, though they're not ostensibly promoting any kind of product. It's like there's some kind of underlying economy I'm missing.

Giveaway entries contain valuable datasets that can be sold for up to $2 each.

It's more aesthetically pleasing and functional than IRC. Storing all your communications so they can blow you the fuck out in court when you try to run for senate or whatever Jow Forums's phobia of being spied on is about is a minor trade off for functionality and convenience.

>more aesthetically pleasing
That's subjective.
>more functional than IRC
False. You've probably never used irc. Tell me now how to verify your nickname. You don't know how, you 18 year old faggot

Bots and role management.
If there was a less bloated ram hog client with the same functions (exception made with the gaming section which I disabled right away) I'd be a happier person, but I'm not discontent with my own life to the extent to be mad at a comm platform for being used.

/msg NickServ REGISTER password [email protected]

Convenience and a shiny interface to appeal to zoomers. You literally open a browser and it works.

that's not verifying, faggot. and the fact that you caps specific things tells us you just copy pasted the first thing you looked up

>need a bouncer to keep up with the chat
>not less functional

>Storing all your communications so they can blow you the fuck out in court when you try to run for senate or whatever Jow Forums's phobia of being spied on is about is a minor trade off for functionality and convenience.

This. IRC is useless in terms of functionality.

Why would you verify a nickname if privacy is the only thing going ffor IRCs

XMPP is better than IRC, which is better than Discuck. So use XMPP.

Does XMPP support everything Discord can do or is it yet another text-only shovelware?

What's wrong with text-only
Anyway, you can send media easily. Voice communication is iffy. Don't know if any clients support it. But the protocol does support it.

>What's wrong with text-only
Useless. Gamers want to pop screenshots and clips in and out with auto- voice capture.
>iffy
>Don't know if any clients support it.
Kek get out of here.

Unfortunately everybody uses it and trying to convince others will be a waste of time, and make you look retarded. Best you can do is use the browser version and not put any personal info out there.

For voice you use Mumble, which destroys everything in existence for voicechat.

>destroys everything
How, does it support 24 bit 600kbps audio or something?
Discord has it all in one neat package.

you mean verifying after you've registered your nick? the fuck are you on about.

if the caps is what makes you think it's copy pasted, you're surely an interesting fedora tipper. clearly, they weren't hiding that they googled it. "[email protected]" would obviously make it a copy/paste.

What's wrong with copy/pasting? Are you above looking something up?

>Discord has it all in one neat package
all the eggs in one neat basket teehee

Discord reads all your window titles, it scans all your files, it knows which programs you have open.

They are literally accumulating massive amounts of personal data, and selling it to insurance companies, and other such industries that can take advantage of data.

You're a moron for using it, the future is grim.

Even Microsoft isn't that nefarious.

You're just stupid.

If you are 25, you were a teenager during the best era of computing.

2008+

Sauce?

1995 is a bit early a guess. I'd pick something in the early 2000, maybe even the year 2000 itself.
1996-born here and the OSes I use most are BSDs, which Discord doesn't even have a client for.

Were already fucked, you know whatever app you use your ISP logs all your internet activity already. As well as the massive amount of webcrawlers and embedded spyware doled out onto our machines by our government and several threat actors. No place is safe anymore.

>Discord reads all your window titles, it scans all your files,
Literally pulled out your ass. It knows running processes and that's for integration you can turn off.

Can you point out in Discord's source code where he's wrong?

Lmao ive been using irc for years and i dont remember how to do that. You just need to set up your irc client once and then never do that again.

discordapp.com/privacy
discordapp.com/terms
It's not paranoia genius, they're not even hiding it. And you're not even gaining much from it.

Attached: y.png (403x285, 211K)

runs in a browser soooo fuck off
their own ToS

You are an axe murderer. It's on you to prove that you're not, until then I'll treat you like an axe murderer.

>Literally your logic rn

Don't bother linking your neocities you massive sperg

I never said they weren't doing it, I implied that it doesn't matter to you that they are. Unless you can give me a plausible real world scenario in which this'll come back to bite you, but that's beyond Jow Forums

>I implied that it doesn't matter to you that they are
>implying implications
>telepathy
Oh good, you know what's in everyone's minds and that every person most value the same things as you.
>Unless you can give me a plausible real world scenario in which this'll come back to bite you, but that's beyond Jow Forums
>implying implications again
>Jow Forums is one person
independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/china-social-credit-system-punishments-rewards-explained-a8297486.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Facebook–Cambridge_Analytica_data_scandal
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICloud_leaks_of_celebrity_photos

>yuropoors can opt out entierly
Based EU, NAggers btfo

Attached: 1512425630590.png (904x401, 646K)

You fuckers are such god damn posers it makes me sick. Get off this board and go back to Jow Forumsconspiracy.

Under the GDPR you can request the data Discord has on you. They WILL reply. I've done it. I know exactly what data they collect. If you really give two shits you can do it too.

Attached: 23123.jpg (240x240, 18K)

>tfw born too late to enjoy technology
Just end my life
Stop glowing so hard.

Attached: weirdalfoil.jpg (350x347, 40K)

Freetards don't care about facts they only care about making the good software look bad so they can shill the alternatives.

I use it because there are tons of horny young fembois on there looking for a daddy.

Shit I'll even through you guys a bone.

{"city":"Jefferson City","ip":"76.3.45.0","channel":"190700203647565824","emoji_unicode":0,"private":true,"timestamp":"2018-02-10T02:00:06.958Z","emoji_custom":0,"emoji_only":false,"chosen_locale":"en-US","mention_everyone":false,"os_version":"10.0.10586","browser":"Discord Client","domain":"Analytics","os":"Windows","channel_type":1,"emoji_custom_external":0,"is_friend":true,"user_id":"109808976572506112","detected_locale":"en-US","country_code":"US","freight_hostname":"api-prd-main-ngwb","message_id":"411702843293171723","cfduid":"dee9fb36edb2f02ebe3d907f0003da2251501630672","num_embeds":0,"event_source":"api","emoji_managed_external":0,"release_channel":"stable","event_type":"send_message","attachment_ids":],"emoji_managed":0,"region_code":"MO","client_version":"0.0.300","length":26,"word_count":6,"num_attachments":0,"max_attachment_size":"0","event_id":"AQEDGG3+XtPESgxuYoJIQGKxUQEONMg=","emoji_animated":0,"day":"833","time_zone":"America/Chicago"}

That's one line from the data they sent me. They log all this shit when you send a message and when you open a game that it detects. If it doesn't detect it as a game, it never sends an entry. Out of the 500 MB of shit they sent me I didn't see any entries for notepad++, musicbee, no man's sky, or anything else that wasn't a game.

I'm just using it because meeting new people on IRC is almost impossible, it's just the same old pathetic faces for years. And every network, every channel is the same.

At least discord is fresh, has more socially active people on there. My IRC friends won't even go to freaking conventions, stick their noses up at them, not wanting to walk among the plebs, just rooting themselves in their mothers basements.

Wait what? What I run it from my browser? Is that a safer way?

yes, but everything you say and do on it will still be recorded

Not true at all

discordapp.com/privacy
discordapp.com/terms

Well there is no decent alternative for zoomers.

Nowhere does it say it records voice, in fact it explicitly states that it'll record the first couple of seconds to make sure it's connected.

Why don't you request your data via GDPR so you can see how retarded you are yourself?

FB Messenger :)

>Why don't you request your data via GDPR so you can see how retarded you are yourself?
Why don't you somehow attempt to prove this is the only information stored on their servers and that it's actually deleted after your request?

>We generally retain personal data for so long as it may be relevant to the purposes identified herein. To dispose of personal data, we may anonymize it, delete it or take other appropriate steps. Data may persist in copies made for backup and business continuity purposes for additional time
To make your job easier for you - you can't.

>using windows
>gaymur
>"data collection is fine as long as you pretend to send me a copy of all the data you've collected"
Yeah, this tracks. Not sure why you're on Jow Forums, though.

See:

so u dont lose ur place in conversation :^)
no its such a good thing cuz u can find stuff u were talking about with other ppl or in old chatrooms :^)

telegram lets you make stickers and is better at DMs

I can't believe that this thread is still up.

Friend born in 2004 wrote an UEFI hypervisor from scratch. They exist, just rare

stop

>lightweight
>works in browser
>doesn't require an account
>can run in background on my toaster with league
Easy choice.

My cousin born in 1999 is SUPER retarded with computers. Also bad at taking decent care of devices.
>Macbook has cracked screen
>Icons fucking EVERYWHERE and not snapped to a grid
>Lend her a flash drive
>Receive it bent 45° because she put it in her backpack with the drive still inserted
>Macbook is fine though lol

I love my family, but they can be retards sometimes.

Oh and the Malware. Jesus, the MALWARE. ON A MAC!!

Its a better product, plain and simple.

You can use ripcord as an alternative client to connect to discord servers. much less RAM bloat than electron js

IIRC the atomwaffen tards planned their terrorist activities on it so clearly the average IQ of discord is double digits, optimistically.

Meh, I love discord and I'm a 40y/o undead boomer, just mind what info you volunteer to the (((platform)))

>>works in browser

push to talk doesn't

Your post actually has some point: kids these days approach computers in its most abstracted form. They'll never have to focus on any little details but "if there is any wifi here". Back then to do things on computers usually requires a little more and to get things working. Even with programming, the best considered programmers had no choice to work with low level stuff to get started, which makes you far more skillful. These days it's about knowing the new hot JS acronym and affirmative action. Of course there are still skilled new programmers as I've seen, however they must be now feel isolated in their own field with the amount of dipshits everywhere.

I would rather kill myself than use an electron app.

How else am I supposed to talk to traps?

I can't make money selling that information myself though, so it has no monetary value to me, and Discord doesn't charge me to use their service and doesn't show ads
they should be more up front about it but it seems like a fair exchange

>How else am I supposed to talk to traps?
Uhh, /b/?

>I know exactly what data they collect.
ahahahaha as if you knew anything you dumb fucking shitposter. I know you try to be honest here and I believe you saying you requested it, but they don't have to send you everything they collect if they say what they collect. Enjoy this little fucker here: :^)
Don't be so delusional. They collect way more. It's like saying shadow-profiles aren't a thing on facebook. If you don't have a facebook account but something else uploads a picture with you in it and tags it, then they will have an account for you already, that can be activated and started freshly by registering yourself with your full address. Why I know this? Well I don't know.