My 2013 galaxy tablet finally died, how is the tablet world nowadays?

My 2013 galaxy tablet finally died, how is the tablet world nowadays?
Which decent one can I buy for under 200€?
Are they still retardedly 16:10?
Also it should have 10 inches or so since I will use it for manga reading and bed animu, I don't care much about it being Android or Windows but I want a totally immortal and unscracheable screen as the galaxy one

Attached: ccc3449795609cc8b9f9d053a2fc0719f122aef1_hq.jpg (1024x576, 74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

indiegogo.com/projects/alldocube-x-tablet-for-high-quality-entertainment/x/4058656#/
gearbest.com/tablet-pcs/pp_1513393.html
brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=641401324
twitter.com/AnonBabble

An old Surface 2/3 for longevity of performance since you can install/reinstall the OS anytime you want to restore original performance. Battery is a pain to replace though.
HP Elite x2 is also good, and is very easy to service.
Huawei Mediapad is decent if you can accept that support will completely vanish in a couple years like with any ARM device.
iPads are trash and will lag and die in 1 year tops and you'll have no way to restore it or fix it.

Attached: 1520725160225.jpg (1245x987, 108K)

to love ru is super interesting

Which part of under 200€ can buy a fucking surface

Old surface ya knobhead

indiegogo.com/projects/alldocube-x-tablet-for-high-quality-entertainment/x/4058656#/
im waiting on this

>crowdfunded shit
haha look at this retard who thinks crowdfunded shit is good. it's not.

Galaxy tab S3 LTE

Like another user said, get yourself an old Surface tablet.

Attached: 1278086018952.jpg (640x480, 47K)

It has a 2560x1600 RGB AMOLED panel, which is the only reason why I still use my Tab S 10.5

>kikestart a tablet when there is like 300 serious companies producing them
For what purpose

I don't buy into tablet meme but those "recent" surface with 3:2 ratio screen is so tempting.

16:9 ratio suck at everything except watching anime.

>THE BEST MEDIA TABLET EVERRR
>16:10 RETARDED RESOLUTION SO YOU CAN WATCH ALL YOUR MEDIA WITH BLACK BARS AND DOWNSCALED

There are 300 companies producing OLED tablets? Wow I did not know that.

>16:10
>retarded

If you are looking for a tablet, iPad is the only way to go.
In mobile industry Apple is mostly btfo'ed by chinks, but on the tablet market Apple is still the winner. iPad has more tablet optimized apps, has more convenient interface and is generally way more handy for tablet things.
Android tablets are basically dead now. There are almost no decent chink tablets, for example.
Even Google decided to use Chrome OS instead of Android in their new Pixel tablet. I wouldn''t recommend a bloaty browser OS though.
But if your usecase is more exotic than tablet things, or you are more of DIY guy, then Samsung Android or some Windows tablet is the way to go.

Oh, didn't read OP post carefully. Yeah, get yourself an old Surface. They have 16:9 aspect ratio and a generally good build quality.

>pages are going the wrong way

retard

No Tachiyomi, no Clover. Also IPS screen. Not good.

16:10 is great for media
>less pillarboxing for 4:3 media than 16:9
>less letterboxing for 16:9 media than 4:3

OP wants a tab to read his chinko funny papers. They're probably all pirated and stored on his desktop or some shit. Is owning an ishit good for that kind of set up?
Transferring files to and fro never seemed particularly simple with ios, and is there a file manager at this stage? I heard the murmurings of one a year ago bit there's been no talk or fanfare about it.

Tablet optimized apps are of no use if all you use on a tablet are a browser, a gallery app, a comic/ebook reader of some sort, and a media player. Use a phone for everything else, and that's the device you want optimized shit for, whatever it is.

For

2nd hand Surface 3.

I have the Tab S3 (2016) and it's still a very capable device if one mainly uses it to read manga and e-books. The hi-res OLED display is a winner because the true black make text and black and white manga pages look really fucking nice.

Attached: Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_S2_9.7_front_02.jpg (2880x2160, 460K)

How about animu eps? Get much mileage out of one on a long train ride /plane trip?

With 30% screen brightness, I can get 5-6 hours watching videos. Stock, debloated Nougat.

>WITH BLACK BARS AND DOWNSCALED
OLED panel turns those areas off, not an arguement
white bezels a shit though

Get samsung tab s2 or s3, they are 4:3, oled, and have a wacom pen

I would love surface 2 but does anyone even sell them

Tablets are for normies, go on ebay and buy a thinkpad

>mediatek
retard

>tab s2 or s3
I thought about this but it seemed dumb to buy a tab s2 for $500 or s3 for $800 when the s4 is $900

Its dumb to buy s4 when tab s10.5 has probably exact or even better screen than s4

Your options are an imported chinkpad, or an iPad.

not a problem for a $200 tablet since im not going to bother to root this. still going to be leagues faster than my tab s 10.5

>tab s10.5
can't buy it anymore

Funny, the ipad mini ive had for 5 years works perfectly fine

What manga is that?

To Love Ru Darkness

Galaxy Tab S2 has an oled screen, good for reading and watching movies.

I was thinking of picking up one of the new surfaces, but from the forums i've read it sounds like every surface device falls apart after 6 months.

Unless it's just the bad ones getting out there, and complaining like the XPS's coil whine

You can get the S2 for much lower than $500 though...

Just get the new galaxy thing (galaxy tab a) they are like 150€
but still 19:10

>OLED panel turns those areas off
who cares if the black bars are displayed or just the screen going black on them, its still fucking black areas on your videos

literally all I need to use on my tablet is perfectviewer kiwi browser and mxplayer and they are all perfect

>2019
>4:3 media

Attached: 1528800302331.png (990x681, 299K)

Android tablet market is pretty fucking dead, even the samsung ones you find on amazon are 2016 and you cant trust chink windows tablets they will most likely die on you soon enugh

Boohoo my 16:10 2560x1600 display only has 1440 res during video playback. Moron.

you cant magically change the aspect ratio of your tablet screen you dumb piece of shit

Thinkpads lack instruction sets for modern anime and get really hot trying to play them

i got a used surface prov2 a few days ago really liking it so far got it dualbooted running android and wangblows. was only £210 used and you can probably find cheeper. only downside is the 16:9 screen id say to try look for a 3:2. Xiaomeme have some decent tablets with intel atoms so maybe look at those since you could run any os youd like

youre fucking retarded i just had to sell mine because you can hardly get any apps from store anymore even when clicking use older version

recommendations on 10 inch tablet?

Huawei Mediapad T3

>implying 4:3 media will magically cease to exist

why is it better than the samsung alternative?

>Fell for the pixel c meme a few years back
>Paid hundreds of dollars for a tablet that had severe hardware problems after a single year
>They're all like this because the pixel c is a garbage tablet, even when I got a replacement the same shit happened
Never again, fuck you google. The only reason I even went for it is cause I wanted something that actually ran android. I'll just stick to something cheap next time.

Attached: 1526990409331.webm (960x540, 1.21M)

Either buy used Ipad or the cheapest chink tablet that has high res display. Something like this
gearbest.com/tablet-pcs/pp_1513393.html

>buying google anything

Stupid satania

It's not difficult, but it's counter-intuitive for a Windows/Android user. You just need to install a reader app from AppStore and then copy the files from your PC to that app using iTunes. You can't actually connect your iPad like a flash drive, but it works.

Attached: ss+(2018-11-02+at+02.38.41).png (246x288, 52K)

Honestly, if I were you I would've just bit the bullet and saved for an iPad. It's the only decent tablet on a market, and it has an amazing screen (and screen is the only thing you'd want from a tablet). Even if you hate Apple, you can't argue with a True Tone Retina. That shit looks so good you'd want to lick it.

Cant you do ftp?
I remember I used to use my old iPhone 3g with ftp but not sure if it was jailbreak only option.

I want the best quality/longest lasting tablet money can buy, but it can't be an apple product. What's the best right now? Surface? Tab S4? The most important thing to me is the build quality and that it doesn't die in a year like every other tablet.

Attached: 1525576329266.jpg (500x500, 48K)

Definitely Surface. Android tablets are all kinds of garbage when it comes to high end hardware, you only buy them when you're on a budget.

Are there any models to avoid? Should I just grab the newest model or stick to an older one? I have no experience with windows tablets.

mangas on eink displays is underrated just saying

I have a Surface, the very first one that came out. It's a heavy piece of shit and I hate it.

Manga on my Kindle is best thing ever. Only problem is I can't for the life of me find website that uploads full manga. so I have to find scans, save all the individual images, rename them, zip it, make it an ebook, and THEN I can read them comfortably on my Kindle.

Hey OP How exactly did your SAMSHIT tablet die?

Could you go into detail on why you hate it so much? Also how heavy are we talking, being big and bulky is a drawback for me because at that point I may as well get a thinkpad.

My four year old iPad Air 2 is probably the best aging smart device I've ever owned.

It is uncomfortable holding it in one hand. If you add the keyboard/cover, it's extremely uncomfortable.

At this point I'm leaning on just getting a cheap galaxy tab A instead of taking my chances with the premium 500-1000 model tablets for build quality. Not sure how it holds up to a Huawei Mediapad though. Anyone have either of these two?

Wally World has these on clearance in some stores for $59. There's some near me, but I don't even know what I'd do with it.

LINK?

>brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=641401324

Search by your zip code, also the site isn't always 100% accurate.

good luck watching anime on e-ink, retard

Manga = comics, dumbass

>iPads are trash and will lag and die in 1 year tops and you'll have no way to restore it or fix it.
My old iPad 3 still works like a charm though. I bought it like 6 years ago.
Gonna get myself a new one on Christmas, probably iPad Pro 10.5 because it seems reasonable enough for me. iPad 2018 doesn't seem good enough, and the new ones are too expensive.

>iPads are trash and will lag and die in 1 year tops and you'll have no way to restore it or fix it.
I'm not an Apple fanboy but you suggest people get an old cum encrusted Surface and then you follow up with this bullshit? I have an iPad Mini 2 that I can't even remember when I bought it and it works perfectly.