/spg/ Smartphone General

Xiaomi Mi 8 SE Edition v3
Old thread died edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Attached: XiaomiMi8SE588Inch6GB64GBSmartphoneDarkGray662651.jpg (1000x1000, 108K)

Got my Key2 an hour ago. The memes are real.

What slider phone should I purchase?
Been waiting for something near this level of bezelness

Why did you buy a meme phone?

Wanted a secure android phone with android and always a hardware keyboard.

>Wanted a secure android phone with android
An AOSP based custom ROM and microG is what you should've gone for. Blackberry is abandonware at this point and I doubt their phones are doing any better.

I've heard they're pretty nice, hope it's working for you.

whats it mean when a phone is a low price but labeled "new (other)" on ebay and the description says: Overstock, phone tested by technician, 100% functional, 9.99/10 cosmetic condition
the seller has a 99% score but only 1000 sells. also has a funny arab/pajeet name. is it a swindle?

Nokia 8, Nokia 7+, Xperia XZ1 or Honor Play - what to pick?

Is aosp really secure though? When I installed it on mine every app just screamed
>reeee you use custom rom it's unsafe!!!

To anyone here owning the Pocomeme
>Is the touch delay bad?
>How is the sound qualify for of the headphone jack?

damn I hate cell phone reviews
>THIS PHONE IS PERFECT, GET IT
every time

>they prioritize shiny looks over everything
>"but it has a headphone jack which makes it very outdated"

>When I installed it on mine every app just screamed
>reeee you use custom rom it's unsafe!!!
I doubt every piece of software installed on your device is banking related. Either way, it can be solved with Magisk Hide.

Literally nobody ever says that.

So is the difference between the mi8 and the 2S just that one swaps a notch and OLED for Qi?

yes

im looking for a somewhat cheap phone that has
>micro sd slot
>usb c
>headphone jack
>stock android
>at least 1080p

so far ive seen the nokia 6.1 (x6), im in mexico and i saw it on gearbeast.

When is the mix 3 coming outside China and India? I'm in an urgent need of a new phone since my OP3 is in really bad shape.

Attached: 1525980885169.png (656x555, 178K)

It won't ship from China? Like aliexpress won't work for you?

Hello Jow Forums, or as I call you [spoiler]bunch of retards[/spoiler].
I want to buy a new smartphone.
First - I am 26 years old NEET, which almost forgot how to go outside of his flat, second - I live in Russia, and third - I want to play games on that phone, so I decide to buy Xiaomi Black Shark 2.
And anyone, who calls me a kid - will be punched right into his stupid face with my giant combat boot 16 size.

Attached: 3079331h.png (1549x1002, 1.58M)

>couldn't even wait a single paragraph before insulting people who you're also asking for advice
I'm sure you'll get your answer.

Do the phones from China actually work in europe? Like do they even have english as a language option? No ads or chinese bloatware?

Attached: 1531692918482.png (755x708, 31K)

That's because you(Jow Forums) insult me TWICE, calling me a kid.
And here is a photo of my boots.

Attached: IMG_0051.jpg (3264x2448, 1.28M)

Good job profiling yourself even further on Jow Forums of all places.

Any bloat ware you can remove if you're not too retarded. Yes they do. Just check the bands of the phone but usually you can just buy the global version and that will work. Only shit thing is shipping can be a bitch.

Yeah looks like it's around 520€ in AliExpress. Kinda worrying still considering if anything goes south, I have no customer protection at all.

Also any other maybe a bit more reliable sites to get it other than aliexpress?

Attached: 1535337855067.jpg (800x748, 55K)

You can buy a Switch and a good phone for the same price instead of this abomination

You can just spend an extra 15 and get it insured/tracked

Global version of Mi Mix 3 is coming to Europe in December or January

Usually I sit on 2ch.hk, but Jow Forums is fine too.
I hate Nintendo, because they didn't made fuckable pokemons yet!

Thanks! I really hope it's not gonna be too much more expensive than it's currently in China... Then I might consider getting it from AliExpress and hope for the best

Attached: 1532084648808.jpg (369x387, 35K)

I am gay and just want to make some friends.

Wrong address, faggot: I am straight.

is lenovo k5 pro THE budget chinkphone of 2018?
botnet aside, it has the following:
>no notch
>sd card slot
>4050 mAh battery
>snapdragon 636
>usb c
>separate 3.5mm audio jack
>6 GiB RAM
>128 GiB storage space
>228.99 USD
>LTE B20 as well as other european frequencies
>dual sim
it's almost too good to be true, so where's the catch, Jow Forums?

Attached: lenovo-k5-pro-2.jpg (671x600, 41K)

Just flashed lineageos on my mi mix 2. How do I get rid of all the stock apps?

>so where's the catch, Jow Forums?
Not viable outside of China due to import costs and maybe no custom ROM support?

>Android 9 still below 0,1%
Project Treble was a full success I see

Kindly reminder if you're phone doesn't hit 9-10 sot you should kys.

Attached: Screenshot_20181104-070616.jpg (1080x1920, 116K)

import costs are inexistent, at least in europe, when buying from aliexpress
the price i quoted is what you pay and the shipping is free, so price really shouldn't be an issue
and as for custom rom support, we'll need to wait and see how popular the device becomes, because so far it's still very new

>You're

my phone from 2014 maxes out at 8h which is what I'd consider to be pretty good for a 4.5 years old phone

>Pantalla
Go back to Mexico and kys

what's MIUI 10 like? I heard that it handles notifications weirdly, how different is it to AOSP?

Wipe the phone and then install Lineage.

Fuck off newfag.
>He thinks that if you speak spanish you automatically are Mexican
The absolute state of amerimutt education.

What phone?

Come on now, change the phone in the OP

I wasn't the original OP the old thread died and after two hours there still wasn't one so I just copypasted the OP

That's what I did. Now there's a shitload of lineage apps I won't use. How do I uninstall them?

Consider a 30% increase in price at least

nice spoilers idiot

Hello. I am looking to replace my old Nexus 5 with something around the same size and same weight. Is this even possible with the current size standards in smartphone bullshit? SoC performance doesn't matter, can be even a bit slower than the Nexus, but I would like at least 3 GBs of RAM and better battery life.
>Czech Republic
>O2 LTE
>Size Nexus 5-like
>Budget 300 USD

Hi. I just got my Galaxy S5 from the tech for a screen replacement and now the touch is a bit insensitive on the two keys on the bottom. I often have to stop and use the whole fingertip to make them work. There is also a small blot on the bottom left corner, I'm not sure if it is a crack on the glass or some glue residue. Should I worry about it? Is the screen not original? Is the screen significantly damaged like it's seemingly going to get worse after a while? I'm asking because I had problems with this tech before and he is really hard and slow so I don't want to worry about returning the phone to him one more time if I don't really need to.

I'm looking for a phone replacement for black friday, looking for the value phone of this gen. I was happy with my moto g's but I figure its time to experiment a little.
Budget would be under $200 preferable but I can go up to $300 if its that much of an upgrade. Preferable something I can order from amazon while I visit some family in the states but It would need to work both in the caribbean and europe without issues. Other than 2gb ram minimum I'm not very picky, just a good bang for the buck.

Spoilers are not working in Jow Forums, dumbass.

my phone is old and I'd rather not buy a new one, the only reason I need a smartphone is for uber, otherwise I'd just get a dumbphone.

What options do I have in terms of speeding it up? Is there anyway I could install a lightweight version of Android or something?

Sony Xperia xz2 compact vs Huawei p20 pro, both same price. Which one?
I've been using the Sony z5 compact til now. Looking for a bigger screen which both have.

What's the best camera app? Are reverse engineered pixel HDR camera app ports to be trusted?

Gcam is what you're looking for.

Just buy a normal phone and a controller, fellow gamer.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 92K)

So far it is! Very comfy, the keyboard works great and their version of Android is pretty lightweight and fast.

Google Camera from the play store?

what's the most lightweight android distro?

I need a POWERFUL phone, because my eight years old iphone 4s can't into games.
And Black Shark 2 have dual controllers in maxed out version, which also have 10 Gb of RAM.

Don't forget, he's Russian. He won't be able to pirate games on the switch.

Why is the 6t better than the 6? I would turn off the pixels so small notch is not an issue. The 6’s battery seems like its pretty good and not worth the trade of not having a jack.

i know you dingus

What controller is that? Been looking into one to go with my new phone in a few days. Got a switch for serious games on the move but I like the idea of being able to whip out a few basic emulators with tactile controls.

Went for a huawei p20 pro

When is the real successor to the Redmi Note 5 coming out?

Attached: 1.jpg (500x500, 20K)

Huawei honor 6

Prob next year

Pocomeme or redmeme

Now that Pocophone has been declared phone of the year 2018.

Any leaks on the next poco release? Time, specs, price. Will it be called poco2?

Muchophone

I will make some really wild guesses here
>Late 2019
>SD 855/whatever flagship SoC
>~$300-$400

Bounabay Wee. I've got no real complaints with it other than that it feels a bit small when using it but that sort of comes with the the territory.

Lg g2 was great. G3 was good. G4 had bootloop. V20 started out good but I hate it now. Got slow and front camera doesn't work anymore. I'm in USA, are the chink phones good? Keep reading about the pocophone here and guess it's better to pay once, maybe leave sprint as well considering it's expensive and service sucks. I just want a responsive non $1k phone to watch videos, text, email/browser. Don't even play games, at most some ascii roguelikes.
TL;DR USA, sprint. Pocophone current best semi cheap phone? Willing to switch provider and extend my budget up to $400

Is there any good browser that let you input download location each time you download a file? I don't't want to shuffle them afterwards.

When I installed a custom rom on my phone apparently Google now thinks it's a Pixel

Attached: Screenshot_20181105-165332_Photos.png (2048x421, 82K)

What's a good app to convert Webm to Mp4 on androind?

inb4 it starts growing notches like a Pixel too

I have an old Nexus 7 from 2011 that I would like to use for basic web browsing, youtube, etc while traveling. Which ROM should I flash to get a usable experience?

oh that poco looks amazing for the price any news for black friday? Its probably out of my budget though
which redmeme do you mean?

Honor play. They all seems to have around the same specs but the battery I'd say makes the difference. If you're worried about the notch and chink cpu, go for Nokia 8.

This is too good to be true, the display is probably shit though

I'd say the LG phones, the G6 and V30 aren't too bad price wise, but they don't have stock android. I think one of the Xiaomi phones might have all of it but I forget what it's called

Is this the exploding electronics general

No but this is:

Stock

Slow storage and build quality are the most common areas where Lenovo cuts costs.

Got my Moto x4 today. Is there something wrong with my unit or are Lenovo's update servers slow as molasses? It took like 20minutes for the update to even start downloading, now it's makes like 1% progress every other 20 minutes. Also I'm not getting any reception indoors. Not a good start so far, I like the build quality a lot though, seems snappy too even though it's only rocking a SD630.

Redmi 5

For less than $100 you can get the redmi 6a

Next year, but it looks like it likely won’t have a lot out of features the 5 did, given they dropped them in the 6.

If you are in the USA, Poco garbage wont work here. Doesnt have the cellular bands.

Is there a better 200 euro option than buying G6 and flashing lineage?
Need headphone jack, good screen and good camera. G6 also has water proofing which is always nice. Dont really care about how much ram or what cpu it has... 90% of the time I read on it or watch some youtube.

Forget Pocophone, it's not compatible with any US carrier. If you're looking to switch phones I'd wait for the Black Friday/Cyber Monday offers later this month, there's usually decent deals to be had.

I just use one of those online file converters

What do you guys think of the nokia 6.1?

My nexus 5 finally died and I don't have much $. I was looking at the moto g6, and nokia 6.1. I'm leaning heavily to the 6.1 right now

Get a used flagship from last year. You can get a s8 for like $350.

I’ll never understand why people buy midrange shit. Full of compromises when you can buy a flagship for the same price.