So when is singularity happening?

So when is singularity happening?
Could it be happening in the near future? Let's say 20 years?
I just want my wife to be real bros...

Attached: 1473059435666.png (295x237, 22K)

No, it's not based in reality.

>implying the AI overlord will waste time and resouces to appeal weeb's desires.

You mean it's not possible to create a strong AI? Why would it be impossible then? Couldn't we reverse engineer the brain ans simulate it like the openworm project did?

>lol just reverse engineer the brain bro

It would be easier to start from scratch

Never, it will never happen and it was never possible outside of science fiction, they can't fully emulate even the cerebral ganglion and nervous system of a worm on a computer, let alone the human brain, which is a billion times more complex, infinitely non-linear structure. Human is the apex entity on Earth and probably in the wider cosmos.

Attached: earthworm_CNS_lateral.gif (1051x548, 43K)

I'm just trying to get a discussion going, I know reverse engineering the human brain is one of the greatest challenges humanity has yet to tackle.

Why will it never be possible? If it is really complex it could just take a long time but why would it be impossible?

Worms are cute

Computers can't even connect to wireless networks reliably. They're like the shittiest bridges in the poorest city you can imagine. LOL @ singularity, let's work on getting a reliable email client working first.

We'll need biological immortality upgrades first.

>Couldn't we reverse engineer the brain
We already know enough of how the brain works.
There simply isn't enough computing power to even simulate 1 human brain.

Kurzweil said it was going to happen between last year and 2020 a while ago, so going by that and what I have seen, give it another 150 years, give or take a century or three.

in 2030 they will get the hardware in 2040 they will have the software

>le 10 years from now meme

We must fight the singularity, fight the AI, Transhumanism is the only way. Our individuality is what makes us human.

>Transhumanism is the only way. Our individuality is what makes us human.
Gene sequences are all owned by major companies, and you will need to go through them to get the same gene edit as everyone else
Major companies will make and own the hardware you slap onto your body
Being a pure human is the only way to retain your individuality.

>infinitely non-linear
The non-linearity could not be more non-linear!
Human connectome by 2030.

As long as there is an opportunity to milk the gentile there is no need for the next stage.

>transhumanist
>wants to fight the singularity
You're a fake, the true transhumanist perspective is the conjunction of humanity's transcendence and the creation of AI to join us in techno-heaven. Humanity will be nothing without AI's symbiotic codependence on us

Even Jews want to live forever

We can be in charge of our own evolution without resorting to losing our individuality. Augmentations are the right of every man. Corporations vs the people is one of the next inevitable wars in this cyberpunk dystopia we live in.

They can do that without sharing to the gentile.

>simulate a brain
>simulation shitposts on Jow Forums

Some singularity hey.

Your augmentations don't become you, you become them. The singularity is the greatest threat to humanities true potential.

The fight against them has already been lost before it really started.

Once people stop trying to emulate a brain with conventional digital computers you might get somewhere.
I'll be honest I have no real knowledge about this kind of stuff but I just don't think its possible to get any type of actual AI out of a pile of CPUs and GPUs no matter how many there are

>you become them
So autonomously incorporate le ebil AI and transcend simultaneously. Adapt and live forever with your AI counterpart. This is all just hypothetical anyways.

test

Never. Civilization will end in 20 or 50 years

>probably in the wider cosmos.

If by that you mean 2 light years tops and not more then mayhaps, otherwise your anthropocentrism is showing

It never ""ends"" in any sense of the word, it continually renewes itself in spenglerian cycles