Turn on PC

>turn on PC
>look away for 1 microsecond
>GRUB boots the OS you didn't want to boot

Attached: 1526218148613.png (1080x1076, 482K)

>update windows or linux distro
>grub shits the bed

linux belong in a VM on a desktop or laptop, and as a single os on a server. anything else -> you are retarded

Just add remember last

No, updating gnu/linux never breaks grub. Windows update overwrites grub on purpose. Free yourself

>try to catch it at the last instant
>hit right arrow instead of down

Attached: 1519908069655.jpg (1280x720, 81K)

>turn on PC
>there are two Win 7's to choose from

Attached: 1531804013300.jpg (1029x1000, 275K)

>dual booting the botnet
You will unironically never make it. Run single gpu vfio passthrough for muh games

>implying I already don't do that

Then you are not one of those I quoted or your post was misunderstood

I just offered him the simplest solution
He could do a passthrough but it would take less time to just tell grub to remember last used os

And the price he pays for it is running the botnet on his unprotected real hardware, nice

>muh botnet /g schizo

t. newfag from reddit

I'll take the bait, do elaborate on why Linux/GNU is not a suitable desktop OS.

>start large windows update
>leave room to eat/take a shit/whatever to burn time while pajeetware does the thing
>come back
>greeted by debian desktop
not that bad desu.

>windows

> have to reboot for windows 7 to recognize usb device like printer or ipod shuffle
> actually have to reboot twice, i don't know why
> grub boots into linux after looking away for a second
> have to restart the 2 boot process all over again
> forgot mp3 files in linux because i was worrying about the 2 boot situations
> have to start all over again
> it is now dark and cold outside so there's no point going out for a bikeride

>install grub customizer
>change the "options menu on boot" to 7 seconds
>???
>boot your OS of choice

>setting up dual boot and not increasing the timeout long enough for your two synapses to rub together and decide which OS to choose
It’s not grub’s fault that you’re retarded

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX. Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Not everyone can afford Macs or doesn't want to go to the trouble of Hackintosh.

>>>>grub customizer
user, I seriously hope that you are just trolling and don't actually need an entire GUI program to edit one text file

>sometimes grub boots OS after 30 seconds
>sometimes grub boots OS after 7 seconds
NO
>Debian starts booting
>slam reset button on my full tower
>too late, system clock has already been fucked up
why does Linux do this

>not having a ext4 browser so you can access your files anytime

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX. Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.