Is Time travel possible (into the past) ?

is Time travel possible (into the past) ?
Quantum computers supposedly uses parallel universes for calculations, so lets say be build machine that can travel to parallel universe that is at earlier time than our universe?

Attached: 1515354398602.jpg (750x937, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nautil.us/issue/40/learning/a-nonlinear-history-of-time-travel
archive.fo/yIC95
instagram.com/p/BRbbyv6AW_s/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes

What's a quantum computer?

Attached: 745092302.jpg (640x640, 68K)

No

I don't have enough years left to love to care about such retarded shit, I only care to call OP a faggot.

Can you repeat the question?

No the only time travel possible in theory is to the future, the multiverse theory is highly unlikely, supersymmetry is where its at.

Attached: a8950eaae99046aae80ca0c982791245--workout-exercises-butt-workout.jpg (667x720, 97K)

Quantum computing is a scam designed to take millions in gubmint subsidies.

>is Time travel possible
In general relativity yes but the setup is ridiculous, you'd need universe-shaping powers and at that point why would you even need time travel.
>Quantum computers supposedly uses parallel universes for calculations
No they don't.

Keep it to qft and relativity
I see where you are going but let's stick with what works...

Why are you ego driven?
Why do you want to time travel?
You don't even know reality, consciousness or god.

Why jump to time travel?
U are like a retard like elon musk op
We should be advancing our consciousness on earth.

so do the scientist even know how the quantum cpu's work?

Attached: 1515393194217.jpg (1280x853, 208K)

Yes.

Besides if you agree with Hawking you can't time travel because the universe will always try to maintain causality

fucking nu-Jow Forums

Not only causality is possible with time travel but causality itself is debunked.

Not really, mostly just the I/O, probably not even all of it. Reverse engineering attempts failed horribly, even on the shit ones found in Arctic sea

what the fuck are u on about

>is Time travel possible (into the past) ?
Yes, what do you think the major lotteries are for? You didnt assume they were just used to let people gamble?

Quantum computers? Read the reply chain.

yeah we don't know why e or pi or the golden ratio exists either (except for proof via estimations), but we can use them as tools. Same goes for quantum computing.

time: as far as we can comprehend is linear. the only possible way for time travel would be in a simulation sense, wherein a large amount of data is recorded within the simulation and the controller can seek through the events, like flipping through a book or seeking through a video. but I don't think we're likely to achieve this technology before nuclear war wipes us out.

>Reverse engineering attempts failed horribly, even on the shit ones found in Arctic sea
wtf you talking about here

quantum anything brings out the retard in everybody

Some weeb confusing fiction with reality again, happens all the time.

I dont understand QM so I cannot give you a definite answer but you can travel faster through time, compared to everything else, if you move at (or very close to) the speed of light.
Some say that time is going backwards but we have evolved to correct for this like how our eyes see everything upside down.

The multiverse theory is highly likely*

No

It's unfalsifiable so it's not even a theory. Thus, unlikely.

Attached: nono.gif (167x167, 833K)

About the Quantum computers found under Arctic ice? The ones we had COLD war over? Do you even read history books?

Well disinfo'd my american friend. No need to rub it in. Shared knowledge is a victory for mankind, not just West. Without the soviet research, you probably still wouldn't know how to plug them in

Recently some researchers concluded that time travel to the past is mathematically possible, but you need meta materials with negative gravitational constants and such.

Wtf are you talking about
At the speed of light time you would perceive time as somewhat null your existence would be a moment, close to it time would be slow but you wouldnt travel back in time
Some things can move in time the other way(backwards) but basically you can't travel in time(as far as you know)

Soviet Union doesn't exist.

>667x720
>stretched
...why ??

Imo it's as equally likely as it is unlikely.

And don't you would also need negative energy

nope.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Currently in school for my Physics PhD at the university which successfully created the first functioning quantum computer.

>Current research work now is on quantum error correction algorithms
>Because this university has developed the first working QBit machines, companies like Google actively swipe up our grad students to steal our ideas. All working current private sector Qbit devices rely on these schematics.
>This thread is full of fucking autism.

Ask me anything. I actually know what the fuck I'm talking about.

Bloody hell, they're already posting disgusting poo whores here, Jow Forums is totally pajeetted.

i don't understand why anyone would post arses on the technology board in the first place

stay in school retard

Quantum computing is actually just normal computing replacing bits with qbits that are particles that you snapshot at some point between 0 and 1 and the algorithms all focus on approaching a limit of some kind over a large sample of snapshots?

If it is possible, im first to try it.

>Whatever else time travel may entail, it does not involve changing the past.
nautil.us/issue/40/learning/a-nonlinear-history-of-time-travel
archive.fo/yIC95

>quantum computers supposedly uses parallel universes for calculations
pic related

you can time travel
all you need is a rocket which can reach nearly speed of light
and travel a few years to one direction and back to Earth
not sure if there is any formula to calculate how much time will be slower to you, but when you come back there will be a decade or so, everyone older, while you've been out only for a couple of years (could be more, could be less)

Another probable solution: extreme gravitational fields might bend space-time, which means spending your time near black hole might slow down time for you while everyone else will be on 'normal' time speed.

Attached: 1495221756023.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

AHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAAHAHHAH

biggest scam ever

>past
No. It's impossible to travel to the past because time is just something we invented

yes nothing stops you from going back and forth
except the fact that we dont have the technology to open a bridge to time itself cause you know...we dont even have a single clue that time actually is

what? source?

>Quantum computing is actually just normal computing replacing bits with qbits that are particles that you snapshot at some point between 0 and 1

Sort of, if by between 0 and 1 if you mean the inclusion of superposition between 0 and 1. A single bit can be 0 or 1 just like in classical computing, but it can also be a superposition of 0 and 1 call it α|0> + β|1>. QComputing is also big because of the features of entanglement though so don't forget about that.

>and the algorithms all focus on approaching a limit of some kind over a large sample of snapshots?

It can be about this (much like many numerical estimate or probability-based calculations) , but in theory it offers a lot of the same functionality of a classical computer at a significantly more efficient rate. For example, look into Quantum searching algorithms. Multiple of these offer a more than polynomial order boost over any classical search algorithm. And like I said above the use of entanglement provides a means of breaking any current form of encryption. This is a very real security threat to anyone, and it is 100% the primary reason that all national agencies, and big companies are investint in QBit devices atm. A major step in this are Quantum Error Correction algorithms. You have to recognize that a Qbit device is a probability-based and comes with an associated error with each calculation. If the error blows up, the qbit information is destroyed. A major front of research is currently determining how to most effectively correct this error by using additional degrees of freedom to step around it without just simply creating more error. This is very complicated, and I recommend papers by Steven Girvin for more info.

Just close your eyes and travel to the future user

read about superposition and quantum entaglement

and no they dont jump to paraller universes cause you know we would have detected them already

I think much more reasonably feasible is a method for consistent biological stasis (like cryogenic or something else) without damage. Have people in stasis for years and take the long way to the future. Everything else is probably fantasy, at least not in the foreseeable future of our civilization.

The entanglement allows communications to occur regardless of distance.

OP is a CIANigger. It's quite obvious.

>The ones we had COLD war over?
KEK

its the only pics i have saved on my pc and i dont bother searching for anything online sory user

This is sort of unrelated but i gave a ride to a quantum physicist who worked on CERN and asked him about the quantum leap.

My brainlet self barely remembers, but I think it was like particles turn into wavelengths and back into particles when they get near the higgs-boson, something like that I think.

Yo digo que los viajes en el tiempo son imposibles, quizá podría ser posible un viaje a una dimensión alterna, donde si puedas cambiar el futuro

Is gene therapy a thing? Will we see taytay gene therapy clones?

Even if is, by travelling back you probably create new timeline instead of changing the existing one.
So killing your grandfather would not result in your disapearance and giving your parents winning numbers in lottery wouldn't change your childhood.

>Quantum computers supposedly uses parallel universes for calculations.
They dont, it is just machine made up by controlling straight up particle mechanics.

The whole parallel universe meme is just an idea memed to life by media and some theoretical physicists(they are kinda like fiction writers among historians)

It allows for the transfer of information in a manner that is physically impossible to intercept over a distance, which in terms of security quite literally means 100% secure transfer, and in terms of breaking security means faster than can be stopped.

gimme Sauce m80 cuz i think i smell bullshit.

> The ones we had COLD war over?
WTF even enigma wasnt even fully electronic but mechanical.

Never heard of, you have any sauce?
*flips through the mess in search of metamaterials he had under the desk*

lol this girl is 15-years-old. Apparently a Nickoldeon actress instagram.com/p/BRbbyv6AW_s/

cute nignog

Axiom: All the time traveling that will ever be done has already been done.

Given the degree of comprehension humans have regarding the quantum world, it is unfair to say what any of it does in any kind of concrete sense.

Attached: dave_driving_for_bmw.jpg (796x808, 115K)

The concept itself of there being infinite possible outcomes by default is the most and least evidence

as soon as you can reverse entropy
is this the slut from sicario 2?

It is going to be possible at least on some rudimentary level so you can probably "see" visions from past events if you are to build a receiver. However this requires so much energy that you'll need to bend the whole fucking place into a small knot or something and unless someone figures out how to generate infinite amount of energy and control it, none of this happens. None of the space travel also happens.
So I guess we are at the mercy of greedy oil companies now and because of them we are still in stone age.

Kinda but yeah and not only with the Higgs field but sure

>infinite
Wait a bit the possible universes differences in the formation of the universe(>1(min or sec)) gives you around 10 to the power of 500 possible outcomes so 10^500 initial universes in a multiverse then if you get the many worlds interpretation all possible quantum states create a parallel universe so yeah close to infinity but only if you want the most possible outcomes we really don't know if the many worlds interpretation is correct or that the multiverse spawns 10^500 initial universes

Long story short - No. It never will be.
A little less short: You'd have to go faster than light to go back in time. One of the consequences of going faster than light is that you literally arrive before you left. Now imagine going somewhere faster than light in one direction, then zipping back to where you came from. You'd have gone back in time in the place you started. Of course you'd have massive problems with the earth having moved but assuming you can get around that problem since you've broken the laws of physics already, you will be able to tell yourself how to build a time machine.

Of course going faster than light is beyond impossible. It's not accurate to call it impossible, it's more accurate to say that the concept of going faster than light doesn't actually make any sense. It's just the maximum speed. It's like being colder than 0K, it just doesn't make any sense as it's a energy convergence.

No I mean literally infinite, one for every action or event in our universe in combination with a power set of all the other events

Is there a physical implementation of the qubit that shows more promise than others? Are D-Wave a scam?

just post the original hi res pic...

>tfw no qt mona gf

Attached: implyinganimeisreal.jpg (2048x1534, 512K)

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-05 at 22.02.25.png (650x992, 477K)

That’s not how quantum computers work
Come back when you’ve taken a quantum class
And then come back after you’ve taken more quantum mechanics to know that Copenhagen leads you to misconceptions as to what “quantum” and “parallel universes” actually are

t. PhD student in quantum information

It’s an active field of research for a reason

whats this? AN ACTUAL Jow Forums thread with little to no shitposting?

WE MUST MAKE SOME QUANTUM MEMES

>QUANTUM MEMES

Attached: off-to-learn-my-quantum-mechanics-then_o_2537921.jpg (666x822, 82K)

>with little to no shitposting?
The entire OP is a shitpost.

No, they don't. Where did you get that idea from?

its new technology bro
its quantum and thats an advanced science word meaning it'll do like 100 GHz and cost pennies

The most likely thing is that we invent a time machine that can send back things from the time it's invented and no earlier.

Two things need to happen: we need to invent matter/data transmutation and we need to find a particle with special time traveling properties, no matter how small. If just the second thing happens, we can transmit messages to the past, but not people and objects.

Matter/data transmutation is converting matter into data and vice versa. Once we do this, we can turn people and objects into data and back. (This would also allow transportation.) Then, we need to send this data back through time. This requires a particle with certain special properties.

The particle needs to send information back through time. It's very likely that such a particle would not exist very long or would not send information very far back in time.

It doesn't actually matter how short back through time it can send information, you only need to be able to detect these particles and generate them in a shorter amount of time than they are sent back through time. Then, you can actually amplify the effect back through time by generating a particle, detecting it earlier than you generated it, and generating one before the first one and sending it further back than the first particle.

Now, you have a device that can either send a particle back through time, or not send anything back. This is an on/off state, and it's actually all you need to transmit data. If you hook enough of these together, you can transmit more and more data. The data will travel back through time. Since you can turn things to and from data, you can send things back in time.

This has some limitations, but I think there are better designs. The second part of the time machine that transmits data is called an antitelephone or a tachyonic antitelephone.

Oh yeah, there's a couple things keeping us from doing this.

First, matter data transmutation might not happen ever because that's a LOT of data to store and information physics as we currently understand it might not allow us to store the matter from an object of any significant size. It would also be incredibly difficult to rebuild matter 1:1 because of how incredibly precise it is and how fast we would have to do it.

It's also unlikely that we'll find the special particle, but if we found it tomorrow we would have the knowledge to build it right away.

10 GOTO future
20 get winning lottery number
30 GOTO present
40 play winning lottery number
50 profit!
60 GOTO 10

can i travel to a time where i have a qt asian female (male) gf with a feminine penis?

Attached: 1529691502070.png (451x485, 58K)

post original high resolution pic for the love of God

>One of the consequences of going faster than light is that you literally arrive before you left.
I will never understand this relativity fuckery

*I have to understand this. Would I arrive before I left for a spectator only or even for myself?

we know how quantum gate arrays work mathematically and have tested a few "circuits" live with positive results.
but there are too many problems with quantum computation from a mathematical standpoint which make the logistics of quantum cpus really really hard. that's where active research in the area is

It doesn't make sense to try and make sense of it because it has no physical meaning. Light is c in all frames. Anything that's not light has a velocity v

>no tits
lmao
sage

What if my mass was negative? Maybe negative mass exists

Nang the higgers, jas the gews

Negative mass has nothing to do with the idea of travelling faster than the speed of light.

The idea of negative mass is not refused in the current formulation of physics. Quite similarly to the concept of a negative temperature (As in negative in Kelvin), or more literally (-1/T) = - dS/dU, the observation of such a property being negative is an emergent phenomena of a strange (usually not observed) physical system. You can find examples of negative mass in formative explanations for things like the Casimir Effect in QED where objects which seemingly have no energy difference can exert forces on each other via the vacuum. Physics doesn't really attempt to approach the question of negative mass at this point because it is generally believed, that a sufficient probing of the question requires a formulation of the standard model which includes gravity, a unified theory, which does not currently exist.

Love the questions btw. Beats doing my classwork.