Search engines

Google is now messing so much with the search results that it has become unusable. You can basically no longer find any controversial information, or if you find it, it's like result 7, or even on page 2, when it should be the first result considering the search terms. They are no longer anywhere near a search engine, they are more like a purveyor of politically correct information.

What are some good alternatives? I never liked the way DuckDuckGo presents search results and I've heard some dubious things about their owners. Startpage used to be an alternative but they're just an anonymized google so that won't work any longer.

Attached: googledeprecated.png (1200x800, 301K)

Other urls found in this thread:

about.qwant.com/legal/privacy/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Back in my day we did what we called "asking other people".

>I never liked the way DuckDuckGo presents search results
You can change the style to look like Google.
>and I've heard some dubious things about their owners
fearmongering. Companies have to follow their privacy policies by law, and ddg's privacy policy is very clear that they don't track you.

Grandpa!?
But I put you in nursing home.

DDG and Qwant are fine for what I need to search for.

Qwant.

Startpage is fine. Searx.xyz and Qwant lite are great alternatives. There's also SearchEncrypt, Swisscows and findx.

>qwant
thanks

>What are some good alternatives?
DDG

I have used youtube in a normal web browser and on Tor for some time.
For some reason the recommendation algorithm pleases me more on Tor than when its trying to guess what I like on the normal webbrowser.

thanks for all of these suggestions. startpage is anonymized google so it doesn't fix the issue though. what is the difference between searx.xyz and searx.me ?

I don't care about how good the recommendation algorithm when the engine is trying to hide anti-globalist stories and facts from me.

oh sorry, I didn't mean anything by that, it was just a comment. I mean, what the fuck, with a google account + tracking and google does not recommend me what I am interested in, but with Tor I feel I could waste a couple hours exploring the recommendation tab.

I don't believe it's an issue. I can still find what I'm looking for on startpage, at least for now. I have it set to default and rarely resort to the others. There are upsides to a massive proxy that pulls from what is probably the biggest crawler. Searx has many instances, and you can even host your own. Those are just two instances of it. I prefer .xyz due to speed.

The information bubbles are weird, I've also experienced what you speak of.

It's an issue for me. Not when searching for technology stuff, but when searching for old news stories and related political events. It's like they are memory holing stuff, and it's happened way to many times now for me to keep searching using it. Thanks for explaining searx.

>asking other people
cringe and bluepilled

i don't particularly like google, but still my goto for programming related queries

Literally store your data, don't fall for this meme.

yandex
startpage

Build a home server, web crawler, and search engine

And scrape google/bing/ddg for like a year

U should be good

only time I have ever used Google is to find obscure websites for Windows 98-era games and drivers.

Lurking ITT for answers thank you Jow Forumsentlemen

I could have sworn startpage states that it doesn't filter search results the way google does, so I don't see why it would be an issue. At least it doen't tailor it to you personally so you don't get a personal ad infested echo-chamber. I guess that wouldn't necessarily mean it doesn't filter the non-politically correct stuff if google does

Very recently I've started trying alternatives to google just to find the answers to tech issues. Only a few days ago (can't remember the search) went to bing and the results were superior. Completely non controversial technical issues. Google, for all their faults, was pretty good in the past.

?
about.qwant.com/legal/privacy/

It’s gotten really bad recently
Search for Clinton’s woods don’t find embarrassing pic where they look like walking corpses
Search ANY OTHER place they come up right on top
Million examples like this
search for trump you find nothing but negative trump articles

>implying that a search engine that doesn't track you well ever work as well as one that does
Just use bing already.

The results are mostly recent news from liberal sites than useful information.

>startpage
It's good but it's literally Google results.

Which picture? I'd like to test it

I want to build an entire crawler on Jow Forums which will generate links and images to content from the web based on the text/images. Then I'll use that information to build a search engine.

bing is just another piece of the new world order cuckold shitfest

>they are more like a purveyor of politically correct information.
you mean a publisher desu

Top right bill looks dead very famous picture

Attached: A42728FE-331D-4954-B33D-3950F38C3FBE.jpg (1242x2208, 389K)

Er left kek

Meanwhile on google

Attached: 96CFCA00-EF32-4D0E-BD30-0510BDA81D5B.jpg (1242x2208, 335K)

bill needs help

>if you find it, it's like result 7, or even on page 2
Fucking zoomers that can't read past 3 lines

>human interaction
The absolute state of this place